• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best game ever played?

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Apart from Devil May Cry (which we all love) and it's my favourite gaming series, whats the alternative best game you've played as a kid or recent?
Definatly Ocarina Of Time for the Nintendo 64 and I have very good memories of Tekken 2...there's probably more but eh.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Oblivion - I still cannot put that game down and I don't think I will ever get bored of it.

As a kid, The Manhole, SimAnt and Shadowgate were amongst my favourites - and Crash Bandicoot for the PSOne.

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
Well the best game I've ever played is RE4(Resident Evil for those of you who don't know). While my second and third pick are Rival Schools and Fear Effect.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Hmm... Can't choose one. For me I'd say, Parasite Eve (PS1 1998), Shadow of The Colossus (PS2 2005...I think that's when it was released), Metal Gear Solid (1998 PS1), Okami (PS2 2006). I have so many other, but those are my top favs.

Sparda™

Alright...

Resident Evil 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Final Fantasy VII
GTA San Andreas
Need for Speed Most Wanted

I got others...:lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
i got many but heres my top (mostly for each genre):
Turn based RPG: Final Fantasy X (Where can i get it without an PS2?!)
RPG: Oblivion (it just owns)
First Person Shooters: DOOM (i mean all the DOOM and take that to Horror games also)
Multiplayer games:Unreal Tournament (the first one and i mean it is fun to play with others but there is no internet on such a great game anymore andmany just think WoW but i just think it is not so funny)
Adventure:I don't actually know... Super Mario 64 i would guess
Strategy:Starcraft and Heroes of Might and Magic IV (thought four was the best, and there is 2 on my top strategy)
Action: if not DMC my second placer on action is... Prince of Persia Warrior within (the last one was just sneak,kill,sneak,kill, jump around,sneak and kill while the second one was so awesome battle system... i actually never used the same combo twice)
That's that

Leonhart.

Flawless Assassin
I got many^_^
racing; Need for Speed: Carbon
survival horror; Resident Evil4, Fatal Frame
adventure; Final Fantasy X, Persona 3 Fes
strategy; WarCraft3:Frozen Throne
FPS; Rainbow Six:Lockdown
action; Devil May Cry

Bad Wolf

32 flavors and then some
For me, it's a tie between Silent Hill 2 and Killer 7. These games had the most interesting and intricate storylines of anything I've ever played.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I know its still a bit too early to say it but considering that I was obsessed with it for about 8 years and when I finally played it shockingly it was better than I thought it would be.
I am going to say Metal Gear Solid 4, it got to a point where it was not just a game, it was a milestone in my life.

But if we are stricly talking nostalgia I would say Starwing on the SNES or Starfox as it was known in the US.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - Best RPG Game Ever
Dragon Quest VII (PS2) - Second Best RPG Game Ever

Street Fighter Alpha 3 - Best Fighting Game Ever

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Best Action Game Ever
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Second Best Action Game Ever

The Darkness - Best FPS Game Ever

GTA San Andreas - Best Sandbox Game Ever
Oblivion - Second Best Sandbox Game Ever

Killer 7 - Best Innovative Game Ever

The Da3dra

Master Of War
oh christ there are so many games that I feel are the greatest...
I'd say Oblivion, RE4, Metal Gear Solid 3, Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time & Twilight princess, Battlefield: Bad Company, and above all POKEMON SNAP that game was so much fun.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Modern games...I'd have to go with either Bad Company or Call of Duty 4, I'm a sucker for war games with actual depth.

Last generation...I'd say the Prince of Persia: Sands of Time trilogy, something truly epic about puzzle platforming, in such a way that, even -I- find myself grasping for the rewind button when I screw something up.

PS1 Generation...Silent Bomber, now that game was epic beyond epic, I'm not going for clichés like FF7, because that goes without saying.
Actually, another really good PS1 RPG was Legend of Dragoon, fantastic game, up to true Final Fantasy standards in terms of story telling.

PC: Portal, god, has to be Portal, I expected portal based puzzles and that's what I got, but I also got the treat of some truly witty, dark, sarcastic and cynical humour, some of the best I've ever heard in a game.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
Oh yeah DEFINATLY as said by others Resident Evil 4. I have fond memories with that game, the Regenerators totally shocked me to death, I litrally did go into adrenaline mode and had to pause XD
Also Mario 64, BomberMan, Rayman, Crash Bandicoot, Resident Evil 2, Silent Hill 1, Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask, Abes Oddesy, Time Crisis, Parasite Eve. Good memories.
No games seem to give me the satisfaction I had as a kid off them other than DMC4.

The Da3dra

Master Of War
NerosDevil;129694 said:
Oh yeah DEFINATLY as said by others Resident Evil 4. I have fond memories with that game, the Regenerators totally shocked me to death, I litrally did go into adrenaline mode and had to pause XD

I know how you feel the regenrators still creep the **** out of me. "IT" Doesn't even scare me as much as the regenerators do.

NerosDevil

Shall we dance?
The Da3dra;129703 said:
I know how you feel the regenrators still creep the **** out of me. "IT" Doesn't even scare me as much as the regenerators do.

I've played Silent Hill and such, but i'll never forget how Regenerators were the first time I actually had a damn heart attack on a game. My heart was racing litrally.
When I first saw it, i was like "Oh just shoot it"....bad idea! It crawled on the floor and bit my neck, I swear to freaking God ive never had such a shock. Plus when I ran down the corridor from it, what happened? Another grabbed and bit my neck around the corner! T__T....its breathing is so creepy. When you fall down the dumpter and get trapped with it x_x

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
I was always going EEE!!! in RE4. My grandma thought I was going nuts, but I was like, "HOLY CRAP, LEON! OH MAN! OH GOD! AAHHH! RUN!" and had a mouth that could make a sailor blush. Yeah. xD I was screaming and yelling more than I did with the first Silent Hill.

Top Bottom