• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BERSERK ANIME GREENLIT for 2016!!!!!!!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Confirmed by Japanese Magazine Hakusensha's Young Animal:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ject-featuring-guts-as-black-swordsman/.96773

2Z4FXFT.jpg

7ClLzX4.jpg

Oh.
Vince-McMahon-Falls-Out-Of-His-Chair-For-a-WWE-Diva.gif

My.
supermangif.jpg

God.
giphy.gif

It's happening. It's finally happening. After almost 20 years of rehashing the same part of the Berserk story for on-screen adaptations, the rest of the dark fantasy saga is FINALLY getting an adaptation. Uncharted territory awaits...the horizon has plenty of ultra-violence, dark ambience, twisted mythology, traumatizing rape, and emotional torment waiting for the fans.

I...I just...I didn't think this day would ever come...if you only KNEW how long I've been waiting for this...God damn it...I physically can't take this...
s6ra6b.gif

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
These are great news! Surely it will be very heavily censored; but still i wonder if it will reach at least the Chapter where Guts get his cool new armor.

On other new start stockpiling brain bleach....

WolfOD64

These are great news! Surely it will be very heavily censored; but still i wonder if it will reach at least the Chapter where Guts get his cool new armor.
I don't think it'll be censored in the slightest. Judging by the art style used in the promo image, this project is going to be heralded by the same people who made the movies: Studio 4C.

...and those guys made a vivid adaptation of the Eclipse that surpassed even the original manga. Censorship means nothing to those people...they lavished in the violence and sex of the story.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
...and those guys made a vivid adaptation of the Eclipse that surpassed even the original manga. Censorship means nothing to those people...they lavished in the violence and sex of the story.

Those guys did a marvelous work with the Eclipse scenes, but it depends on what format this is going to be. If this project is a film them expect no censorship, If this is going to be an anime that airs on TV (Which i hope it is) it will have to suffer censorship as Terra Formars and Tokyo Ghoul did at the begining at least, until the Blu-ray comes out that is.

And even if they did a good work on the film trilogy they did aapted the Black Dogs Knights out of the movie...

WolfOD64

Those guys did a marvelous work with the Eclipse scenes, but it depends on what format this is going to be. If this project is a film them expect no censorship, If this is going to be an anime that airs on TV (Which i hope it is) it will have to suffer censorship
I think the prospect of a Berserk anime TV series is incredibly unlikely given the manga's incredibly-adult nature.

And the movie trilogy itself was actually intentionally produced as an entire Golden Age Arc movie, which meant things had that had to be cut out of the initial film remained omitted from the individual movies in the trilogy...not out of censorship, but because the studio was probably trying to skim through the Golden Age Arc as swiftly as possible (since fans have already seen it adapted through the 1997 Anime, which they were undoubtedly aware of).

It's pretty clear from interviews, and the overall impression of the trilogy's production that Studio 4C literally only adapted the Golden Age Arc simply because the series' author insisted they do so...and that their main focus was hurrying into finally adapting the part of the manga never before seen in anime format: Guts' Journey as the Black Swordsman. Because of that, they're really focused on including as much as possible, and omitting as less as possible...

....and that goes for content, graphic nature, and visual structure matching the manga as well.

Because of that, I think we can expect either another batch of movies, or a high-budget and uncensored OVA project in the same vein as Black Lagoon or Hellsing Ultimate.

WolfOD64

BERSERK ANIME CONFIRMED TO BE AN EPISODIC SERIES!

d1355-3072-761404-2.jpeg

By way of AnimeNewsNetwork.com, it has been revealed that the new Berserk animated project isn't a series of films like its Golden Age Arc predecessors, but in fact, a full-blown anime TV series...allowing the manga to be adapted without any significant cuts of content or material, and allowing its pace to spread out over further episodes.

The anime is set to debut in July 2016, with both the manga resuming at the same time.

Closer, on April 20th, a Blu-Ray Compilation of both the movie trilogy and the '97 anime have been announced to be bundled together...Japan exclusive, as of right now, priced at a whopping 18,000 yen.

WolfOD64

BERSERK ANIME CAST AND STAFF ANNOUNCED

gVsz5lu.jpg
Berserk 2016 anime staff and cast revealed. New key visual. Starts July on Animeism programming block.

-Staff-

Director: Shin Itagaki

Series Composition: Makoto Fukami

Series Composition Cooperation: Takashi Yamashita

Main Character Designer: Hisashi Abe

Music: Shiro Sagisu

Production: LIDEN FILMS

Animation Production: GEMBA/millepensee

-Cast-

Guts - (CV: Hiroaki Iwanaga)

Puck - (CV: Kaoru Mizuhara)

Farnese - (CV: Youko Hikasa)

Serpico - (CV: Kazuyuki Okitsu)

Isidro - (CV: Hiro Shimono)

Azan - (CV: Hiroki Yasumoto)

Casca - (CV: Toa Yukinari)

Griffith - (CV: Takahiro Sakurai)

Skull Knight - (CV: Akio Otsuka)

Narrator - (CV: Unshou Ishizuka)

Now, the only thing I care about from this news were two things:
  1. The voice of Guts from the Golden Age Arc films will be reprising his voice, which is fantastic because his ferocious yells and anamilistic fits of rage during his amazing performance for the Eclipse scene gave us a pretty good idea of we can expect Guts to sound like during his blood-soaked Berserker rages.
  2. Shiro Sagisu will be doing the music once again. For those of you who arent't aware, the Golden Age Arc soundtrack had songs like this, as a result of his involvement:
Needless to say, I'm HYPED.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Awesome, I got the three movies downloaded onto my PS4, plus I have the day off....Time to pop some popcorn and get hyped

WolfOD64

BERSERK PV REVEALED:

''Wer mit Ungeheuern kämpft, mag zusehn, dass er nicht dabei zum Ungeheuer wird. Und wenn du lange in einen Abgrund blickst, blickt der Abgrund auch in dich hinein.'' '

'He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And if you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss also gazes into you.''

Guys....

I'm not being funny or ironic right now. This one of the few times you will ever see me commit a serious statement to text on this forum, and be legitimately honest with you on something.

This trailer made me physically weep with happiness. The song, the animation, the characters, the chosen quote...
I've waited for this series for so long, to return in so grand a form...

...I can't even form the emotion of seeing it to words.

WolfOD64

ANIME DEBUT ANNOUNCED FOR JULY 1ST 2016
This year's 11th issue of Hakusensha's Young Animal magazine revealed on Friday that the new Berserk television anime series will premiere on WOWOW on July 1 at 10:30 p.m.

In other words...get hyped.
cjxzjhyuoaaabql.jpg

cjsfd7ewyaalxje.jpg

cjil4qaw0aat-sz.jpg

ci-p2ujuoaacpwv.jpg

ci5slnwveaan3rg.jpg

Top Bottom