• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta Anime coming

berto

I Saw the Devil
0:55 I assume that's Luca.
I know, he looks like and f'ing gaucho.

0:59 Phimbelbenter lol sounds like a bad zit.
Fimbulvetr: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fimbulwinter

1:07 Who stole Yugi's millennium puzzle?
Those BASTARDS!!

1:20 purgatory...like Limbo perhaps?
Very much so. It's better explained in B1, just go get the info from them.

1:30 So it seems you could play as the kid for a bit. Probably for platforming though.
I stand by my previous statement: God, I hope not.

2:31 Jeeane's in trouble.
Jeanne's dead, baby, Jeanne's dead.

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
what's up with that ugly wannabe rapper kid? Seriously, why would they make a character like that?

rocketvergil

I honestly think it's a MGR reference. He might also be a character from another thing, like how Rodin is a City Hunter reference.
hmm...... I dont get it. who doyou think it's referring to? I personally thought it was a nod to dante.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/02/14/bayonetta-2-director-shows-new-umbral-climax-feature/

some new stuff.

what's up with that ugly wannabe rapper kid? Seriously, why would they make a character like that?
I think american hip hop is big in Japan and he isnt the only rapper shoutout P* have done.

I thought he was a "chav" which is a British stereotype for delinquents. Its similar to Gangsta Rap we have in the states.

I agree with Berto as the producer for Bayo 2 was the producer for MGR so he could be a reference to George, the Guyanese kid who Raiden befriends when he is in mexico.

He could be also a shoutout to DmC Dante and Nero as he has the whole "disaffected youth" thing both were going for plus Rap is the flip side of Punk.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think american hip hop is big in Japan and he isnt the only rapper shoutout P* have done.
JP from Platinum is a DJ, he's big on the New York underground rap scene. All of the soundtrack for MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns is composed of underground rappers and he seems like a pretty big fan.

The Final Offer

That is one thing, we know how he feels about, he points it out quite often. It's another to go out of your way to disrupt other's discussion of it. Isn't that trolling?

You don't say.

That's what people said about DMC4 yet we're still here hoping for more.

Bayonetta is played out. Her entire character sheet is played out. If you took Bayonetta by herself as a character she is just a stripper with crazy bush. Sexual themes all come from her and I'm certain there are alot of women who use her as an example of how women are portrayed in the media.

Also, are you truly interrupted by someone coming in and posting one word that sums up their opinion of the content shown?

If I called something "lame" you better believe I'm willing to explain why I believe it is.

I wish Bayonetta would stand on it's own two feet rather than guiding the perverts to it, like other games.

LL

Last edited:

rocketvergil

Bayonetta is played out. Her entire character sheet is played out. If you took Bayonetta by herself as a character she is just a stripper with crazy bush. Sexual themes all come from her and I'm certain there are alot of women who use her as an example of how women are portrayed in the media.

Also, are you truly interrupted by someone coming in and posting one word that sums up their opinion of the content shown?

If I called something "lame" you better believe I'm willing to explain why I believe it is.

I wish Bayonetta would stand on it's own two feet rather than guiding the perverts to it, like other games.

LL
Totally agree

BTW. your GIFs are still out of context -_-

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014

LL

Bayonetta is standing on its own 2 feet, this day and age is full of serious and boring characters who are all about character development and it's getting boring as hell.
Bayonetta is all about being crazy, sexy and fun.

New Infamous is standing on it's own 2 feet? It's exactly the same as 90% of dark and gritty bores on the market today.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Bayonetta is standing on its own 2 feet, this day and age is full of serious and boring characters who are all about character development and it's getting boring as hell.
Bayonetta is all about being crazy, sexy and fun.
Actually Bayonetta isn't anything that hasn't been seen in video games. The sex sells character in tight clothes is something that's been seen for decades even going back to the jump suit era of the early 70's spy scenes. Plus her characteristic is exactly like a lot of those Japanese anime that's been all over the otakuverse. Masamune Date, Dante, they're all the same thing honestly.

I agree that there's a lot of brooding things, but I don't agree that Bayonetta is anything close to an original character, because she shows every attribute to the same anime protagonist.

If I had to chose an original video game protagonist, I'd probably choose Ezio from Assassin's Creed 2.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
I agree that Bayonetta is the same as all the oversexualized women as done earlier in gaming and she's nothing original, but in this day and age where everything is serious and gritty, she's a bit unique.
Just like how I see that Sergeant Rex Power Colt isn't original, but he sure is unique.

Personally I think unique is the closest we're gonna get to new things these days, if developers can't go original, then they should go unique.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
I agree that Bayonetta is the same as all the oversexualized women as done earlier in gaming and she's nothing original, but in this day and age where everything is serious and gritty, she's a bit unique.
She's something, alright.

berto

I Saw the Devil

LL
There you go, a more articulate and thought out explanation of why he feels this way.

I agree with absolutely nothing he said nor do I find any of it true but he put some thought behind it and wanted to express it with more than a simple statement.

In this forum, yes, I am. With this DmC interactions a simple it sucks no longer cuts it, you want to talk about it then lets talk, to simply put on an opinion and then act like the it must be law has left me pretty trigger happy on demanding more out of opinions from such statements. If I disagree I won't, or at least try not to, get demanding, but I do get that way on occasion, too. However, the DmC vs DMC situations still has me sore to that kind of thing.

Vinosh

Yesterday I saw the Bayonetta anime.
Resembles DMC anime,but with the difference Bayonetta anime more fight it.
Bayonetta anime 8/10 because DMC anime 5/10

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I have yet to watch it (looks like I'll actually have to search for it, since my usual anime haunt doesn't have it).

I have no problem watching it in Japanese, but I'll be happy when they have English voice casting. Some anime I prefer in Japanese, others I prefer in English; it really comes down to whether I like the voice work, or not, and also, I like being able to watch all of the action without missing it to read subtitles.

Anyway, I digress; my search begins.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I have yet to watch it (looks like I'll actually have to search for it, since my usual anime haunt doesn't have it).
It's alright. It lacks a lot of the charm of the game and wasn't for general consumption. It was really just for fans who didn't get the story of the game and wanted to know what just happened.

It's around the more popular anime channels but I don't think there's a DL version around.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
It's alright. It lacks a lot of the charm of the game and wasn't for general consumption. It was really just for fans who didn't get the story of the game and wanted to know what just happened.

It's around the more popular anime channels but I don't think there's a DL version around.

I actually just found it in full on youtube. Heh, go figure. I didn't think it would be there, with all the copyright laws, and whatnot. Occasionally one makes it through the cracks, I guess.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I actually just found it in full on youtube. Heh, go figure. I didn't think it would be there, with all the copyright laws, and whatnot. Occasionally one makes it through the cracks, I guess.
Yeah, I saw it there last night. I didn't think it'd still be up. It'll be taken down before long, though, and if it gets a US dub it'll get taken down faster.

Top Bottom