• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta Anime coming

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
tumblr_mwq5was3mo1rfp87po1_1280.jpg

Looks like the BR release will be the 24th of Jan. in Japan.

This is all I'll be looking forward to.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
>Beautiful and budget saving(Means good animation)
>Beyond over-the-top
>FANSERVICE

Sasuga Gonzo. When it comes to mindless entertainment, your talent really comes off handy. Looks like i'm gonna have a blast watching this although i believe there is nothing that can top Kill la Kill's over the topness right now.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Why did you watch it if you were knew that you were just going to make some patronizing remark?

That is a genuine question, by the way, not an accusation. I am curious why people go out of their way to put things they don't like down rather than ignoring it and walking away specially if they it wouldn't affect them in any way.

It's something we deal with here, in this forum, more often than other fandoms I've seen, besides Microsoft vs Sony. I've seen a few videos where people go out of their way to pull this kind of behavior on others and it raises many questions on the level of maturity of people who game.

The Final Offer

Why did you watch it if you were knew that you were just going to make some patronizing remark?

That is a genuine question, by the way, not an accusation. I am curious why people go out of their way to put things they don't like down rather than ignoring it and walking away specially if they it wouldn't affect them in any way.

It's something we deal with here, in this forum, more often than other fandoms I've seen, besides Microsoft vs Sony. I've seen a few videos where people go out of their way to pull this kind of behavior on others and it raises many questions on the level of maturity of people who game.

Actually, I like knowing how people feel about things. The immaturity is a plus for me because I usually get a laugh out of it.

I do believe Bayonetta is played out.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Actually, I like knowing how people feel about things.
That is one thing, we know how he feels about, he points it out quite often. It's another to go out of your way to disrupt other's discussion of it. Isn't that trolling?

The immaturity is a plus for me because I usually get a laugh out of it.
You don't say.

I do believe Bayonetta is played out.
That's what people said about DMC4 yet we're still here hoping for more.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Curiosity. Maybe I thought it would be good since I actually did like the first trailer of Bayo 2. But when I see more, it all just looks like the same old Bayo gameplay from the first one.
I just didn't find it legitimately entertaining. That's all.

also, I saw that small homage to DmC with the buildings breaking apart as Bayonetta was running through a small alleyway.

berto

I Saw the Devil
also, I saw that small homage to DmC with the buildings breaking apart as Bayonetta was running through a small alleyway.
Don't know about that one. Kamiya was once quoted saying he didn't have a favorite game of the year because he hadn't played any. At first I though it was weird for someone in the gaming industry to not play video games but then I heard when P* was working on MGR they were pulling over time every day for a year to release the game on schedule. Considering that P* has limited resources I began to understand why they didn't play games, when would they even get the chance to? If they were just as busy this year I don't know if playing DmC was on the table for him.

OK, This is pretty bad ass!
http://www.platinumgames.co.jp/official/upload/2014/02/20140214_trj.mp4
(Right click, download as/save link as)

Last edited:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Dat 60fps!!

I'm considering getting a WiiU over the PS4 this year, simply because the WiiU has more exclusives I'm interested in, Bayonetta 2 is a no f**king brainer, so is Wonderful 101 and the other games that have just caught my interest were that new Sonic Boom game and the Hyrule Warriors game. The only PS4 exclusive I was interested in was MGS5 Ground Zeros, but since MGS5 Phantom Pain isn't likely to arrive till late 2015, Ground Zeros can wait.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I thought I'd come in to comment since I just saw the trailer and knew this forum would have something on it.

Anyway, it looks really good. The gameplay looks quick and smooth as ever. However I can honestly say it still doesn't look as smooth and clean as DmC on the PC. I know this is for the WiiU, but still, it looks a bit fabricated still.

Let me count down the things I noticed;

-0:34 Dat beginning song tho. Gotta find that. It's bangin'
aeb08ce0-3c6a-0131-a294-025457986b63.gif

tumblr_mvtrc8LwZD1rti868o5_250.gif

-0:37 Bayo's short hair looks better then long (of course I prefer short hair to long anyway. DmC is a good example of that)

0:55 I assume that's Luca.

0:59 Phimbelbenter lol sounds like a bad zit.

1:07 Who stole Yugi's millennium puzzle?

1:20 purgatory...like Limbo perhaps?

1:25
Puck_Seriously.gif
dmc-devil-may-cry-city-takeover.jpg

1:30 So it seems you could play as the kid for a bit. Probably for platforming though.

1:37 surfing on the side of a tide. interesting.

1:47 Looks like we got a new main bad guy.

2:17 Sparda?

2:31 Jeeane's in trouble.

All in all, looks pretty good. I'd argue that I wished I was more impressed, but I'm honestly not. It looks exactly like the same stuff in bayonetta 1, but with more colors and bigger monsters. Not to mention he homage to DMC with the giant Sparda, and the DmC homage with that small area of the world breaking apart.

I'll wait and see for more development though. But if I had to rate the trailer, I'd give it a good 7/10. It's hype, but not enough for me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom