• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Batman isn't as well known as Superman?

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I was actually going to be that guy before @Director Bison was that guy. You'd have to take away all of his martial arts training. Anywho, I don't think arguing about which other hero is/isn't better than Supes or Bats is the point here.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I was actually going to be that guy before @Director Bison was that guy. You'd have to take away all of his martial arts training. Anywho, I don't think arguing about which other hero is/isn't better than Supes or Bats is the point here.
Nope not at all, I was just questioning a statement I've heard a couple of times that while Batman is more popular, Superman is more well known. Which confused me, as I thought both characters were pretty well known world wide

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
Both fights? He wins in the second.

Also not only comic Batman is portrayed as stealth master. Nolan's Batman is too.
actually no he was going to lose again
but Catwoman shoots Bane with the Batpod

i'm not saying Nolan's batman isn't a master of stealth
but his training isn't nearly as impressive as comic/cartoon batman

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
@Director Bison
Nope, he was winning even before Catwoman showed up.

2:42 - 3:01

He was taking it a bit at the beginning, then he broke Bane's mask and made him get exhausted by letting him go frenzy (which was the mistake he made in the first fight).

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
@Director Bison
Nope, he was winning even before Catwoman showed up.

2:42 - 3:01

He was taking it a bit at the beginning, then he broke Bane's mask and made him get exhausted by letting him go frenzy (which was the mistake he made in the first fight).
i guess your right
i don't remember the whole movie that much didn't remember batman winning like that

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Not really the point of the topic.

But I'd say both are very close in terms of what recognition they receive. Probably more so now than before.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
i don't care about superman until vince cahill, his movies were the family type, and yes, i'm not into western comics.. and i always cared about batman.. batman rules, he once defeated chuck norris in a chess fight

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dig them both and it's interesting as they are both power fantasies but one is more loved than the other.

It could be because non-powered heroes give off the allusion that there level of skill can be achieved plus from a writer's standpoint its easier to keep going with a wide range of threats ranging from a gun or depression ( Netflix's Daredevil, batman Under the red hood, Batman beyond, Arrow etc)

I think its cause there is more perceived flexibility with Batman as there a wider range of stories/takes/supporting characters/enemies at his disposal than Superman whose percieved as limited. Even Bruce Timm who did the superman cartoon from the 90s thought he was a bit corny and wished he could have updated him a bit more (which explains why batman got three more cartoons compared to the 1 superman got).

So its a work in progress.

Last edited:
Top Bottom