• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bad News or Good News?!?!

Dark Drakan

Admin
The Xbox 360 will be upgraded with a 120Gb hard drive soon enough and anyone worried about the disk size not being enough should not worry at all as NOTHING will have to be removed from the version to appear on Xbox 360. Blu Ray disks do hold more data but games like DMC will never exceed that when games like Oblivion & Kotor and such dont. People seem to be thinking every game needs a massive disk capacity for it to be a long game when thats not the case at all.

Bottom line is people dont worry about it, it wont change the game at all and just gives us gamers more choice and also will bring more people here as more people will be able to play the game when its on 3 platforms.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes Xbox360 will hold all the DMC4 memory no problem and I understand that Mob if that ok if I call you that for short I would be swearing to but there is no need to write it curse it out by all means but dont swear.

Mobfigurz

Nel0 Angel0;23988 said:
Yes Xbox360 will hold all the DMC4 memory no problem and I understand that Mob if that ok if I call you that for short I would be swearing to but there is no need to write it curse it out by all means but dont swear.

Yea, thats cool.

I know, but as an early adopter of the PS3, four months and counting of having a Powerful and potentially mind blowing system, I've been sitting around playing with my.....Phone cos no good games, features and so on have been enabled/launched and this just adds insult to injury. I wont feel any better about it until a year has passed and DMC5 is being spoken of, hopefully in a years time Sony will have picked themselves off the toilet floor and pushed themselves back to the top of the market, so Capcom will resume making exclusive titles for the PS3, well DMC is all I care about!

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes I know and thanks for taking what I said in and I understnad its frustating you buy this great system top money and then it comes out on a cheaper product I get you and worse for wear DMC is like special to Sony you dont see Halo coming out on the PS3 ?? no you dont why cause Microsoft now there ahead of the game Sony may be the far better gaming company but there not very good when it comes the business side of things.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Yes Xbox is better at keeping things exclusive. With Halo 3 coming out soon, that is another reason people will flock to the Xbox 360. Like I said be for MGS4 and FF will determine the fate of the PS3. Honestly RE5 is already on the Xbox, as is GTA5. NOw DMC 4? IF THEY LOSE MGS AND FF, ITS A DONE DEAL!!!!!! The only way they could save themselves then would be to drop the price of the price of the system significantly. Then it would only be a matter of graphics, which the Ps3 would most likely win.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Atredus;23995 said:
Yes Xbox is better at keeping things exclusive. With Halo 3 coming out soon, that is another reason people will flock to the Xbox 360. Like I said be for MGS4 and FF will determine the fate of the PS3. Honestly RE5 is already on the Xbox, as is GTA5. NOw DMC 4? IF THEY LOSE MGS AND FF, ITS A DONE DEAL!!!!!! The only way they could save themselves then would be to drop the price of the price of the system significantly. Then it would only be a matter of graphics, which the Ps3 would most likely win.

You heard the rumours about MGS 4 and FF then? If they turn out to be true that could be the last nail in the coffin for Sony...

The dark knight

Capcom.You suck!!!!Now you are giving those dumb Xbox fanboys what they want.(No offence to any Xbox lovers here Im talking about people that want to like marry their Xbox and hate the PS3 for no reason!)

Albion Knight

DMC n00b
Premium
Mobfigurz;23799 said:
its a matter of maximising revenue and profit,
That's what I've been saying

LiLt164L;23806 said:
man i just read it on game spot too so i new someone had to tell the ppl on this site but u beat me to the punch kudos im so mad cuz im a sony fan boy and i told my self if they lose DMC4 im going to go to the 360 cuz 4 one ps3 cost to much for me and i dont think the price will drop next christmas or anytime soon so soooooo long ps3 hello 360
These words should strike terror into the hearts of Sony
:unsure: Sony ACT NOW!!!

One important thing to note Microsoft isn't tied to HD-DVD (15GB) the way Sony is to Blu-ray (25GB). It's an add on and they could add on an external Blu-ray drive if the market warrented.

On cost PS3 is a better value

PS3 $600 (US)

• Next gen drive $0 included
    Wireless $0
    60GB Drive $0 included
    HDMI $0 included
Total $600

360 $400(US)

• Next gen drive $200
    Wireless $100
    20GB Drive $0 included (60GB not available)
    HDMI not available
Total $700

With PS3 you get more for less they need to start advertising this pronto

Mobfigurz

But the only problem with that comparison is that people see the RRP and get turned off the idea of the PS3, well Im assuming thats the case, cos the moment I found out what the price would be I thought it was expensive but I knew I would buy one regardless, cos Sony's consoles have impressed me from day one.

I believe the only way Sony can remedy the mess they have got themselves in to is to drop the price and secure Exclusives, offer the consumer an even greater experience than us early adopters have had, which wasnt great at all. Give the consumer an incentive to buy the PS3, its no good boasting about what the PS3 can do unless you have the features and games to show just what it can do, and not by losing Amazing games like DMC4 to the competition, that only strengthens their market share.

Also, on the official PS3 forum, complaints after complaints have been posted in threads and it seems Sony is actually listening to us, even if they're taking their time to do anything, they seem to be reading the posts and thats a kick in the backside for them, their own supporters are gettin annoyed and voicing their opinions, Sony are just slow to act.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Albion Knight;24028 said:
That's what I've been saying

These words should strike terror into the hearts of Sony
:unsure: Sony ACT NOW!!!

One important thing to note Microsoft isn't tied to HD-DVD (15GB) the way Sony is to Blu-ray (25GB). It's an add on and they could add on an external Blu-ray drive if the market warrented.

On cost PS3 is a better value

PS3 $600 (US)

• Next gen drive $0 included
    Wireless $0
    60GB Drive $0 included
    HDMI $0 included
Total $600

360 $400(US)

• Next gen drive $200
    Wireless $100
    20GB Drive $0 included (60GB not available)
    HDMI not available
Total $700

With PS3 you get more for less they need to start advertising this pronto

This is quite true. The Ps3 DOES give you more for your money, however the fact remains that this type of information IS NOT advertised, thus leaving you with the original prices of the systems. Also, some people may not care about wireless controllers or hardrives at all! And it is likely that the Xbox will come up with better bundles and more memory now that it may be giving sony a run for their money.

Dark Drakan;24009 said:
You heard the rumours about MGS 4 and FF then? If they turn out to be true that could be the last nail in the coffin for Sony...

Yeah. On Ign, the main developer made the comment "one down, two to go" refering to MGs4 and FFXIII

Top Bottom