• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bad News or Good News?!?!

Dark Drakan

Admin
Another blow for Sonys PS3 European Release here: Key PS3 Titles To Miss European Launch

Mobfigurz;23839 said:
Like I stated before, its Bad News for PS3 owners in the short term and long term, as it weakens Sony's power in teh Market, losing a cross platform title is bad enough, but to lose an Exclusive is deadly.
What will other studios take from that, what will consumers make of it, will it ultimately effect the sales of the console and influence studios to move away from the PS3

Yeah thats the main thing that will come from this and id have to agree.

Mobfigurz

Sony better come back with something amazing, cos only something amazing can undo all this damage now, and Im unsure if 'Home' is enough for me to see past all this bullshyt by Sony.

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
I cant believe this...:(
You were saying that the memory on the discs is that much different?
So they just messed up this game....:(
Unless they make the XBOX360 version 2 discs..
I dont care about the whole exclusive **** i just care about the quality of the game that i've been waiting for.... I hope they dont **** it up:(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lady_0989;23910 said:
I cant believe this...:(
You were saying that the memory on the discs is that much different?
So they just messed up this game....:(
Unless they make the XBOX360 version 2 discs..
I dont care about the whole exclusive **** i just care about the quality of the game that i've been waiting for.... I hope they dont **** it up:(

Wont make a difference as no Blu Ray disc game has exceeded that limit yet so dont worry about that. There are no games on market that would make you need to worry about that yet. Remember games like Oblivion and Final Fantasy XII still fit on DVD's.

ree_mashuko

Ree Mashuko
Mobfigurz;23839 said:
Like I stated before, its Bad News for PS3 owners in the short term and long term, as it weakens Sony's power in teh Market, losing a cross platform title is bad enough, but to lose an Exclusive is deadly.
What will other studios take from that, what will consumers make of it, will it ultimately effect the sales of the console and influence studios to move away from the PS3

I agree! To explain it futher, if studios move away from the system, then PS3 dies. Do you know what that means?! It means that games of this generation won't be as good! The PS3 is the most powerful system in this generation. In fact, it is twice as powerful as an Xbox 360 and can produce more than twice the quality in visuals if used to the full potential (of course the games now aren't using the full potential). Also, PS3 has bluray, which can hold 6 times as much data as a standard dvd, which means that games for the PS3 are usually going have 6 times as much content and extra features than games on the 360. If we lose PS3, then we'll only see the most beautiful, long, and powerful games on the 360, which will be half as beautiful, one sixth (1/6) as long, and half as powerful in terms of AI, physics, etc if the PS3 were still around. People, think! This is extremely bad news for people who want the best quality games of this genertion!

Dark Drakan

Admin
ree_mashuko;23912 said:
If we lose PS3, then we'll only see the most beautiful, long, and powerful games on the 360, which will be half as beautiful, one sixth (1/6) as long, and half as powerful in terms of AI, physics, etc. People, think! This is extremely bad news for people who want the best quality games of this genertion!

Not entirely true as the PS3 does boast the most power but when seeing the games on the market compared it has been shown that the same games when compared side by side (right now) on PS3 and Xbox 360 have looked better on the Xbox 360 and also for example Assassins Creed (still in production) has been said that it will infact have better AI on the Xbox 360 version. In the long term you may be right but not for quite a while yet.

PS3 What The Cell Is Going On - 1Up.com

Assassin's Creed AI Better on 360?

Also got to remember that the original Xbox boasted much more power than the PS2, and i think Microsoft have realised now after Xbox sales werent as high as they hoped that power doesnt get you everywhere but having a wide range of games and exclusive titles does.

ree_mashuko

Ree Mashuko
Dark Drakan;23913 said:
Not entirely true as the PS3 does boast the most power but when seeing the games on the market compared it has been shown that the same games when compared side by side (right now) on PS3 and Xbox 360 have looked better on the Xbox 360 and also for example Assassins Creed (still in production) has been said that it will infact have better AI on the Xbox 360 version. In the long term you may be right but not for quite a while yet.

PS3 What The Cell Is Going On - 1Up.com

Assassin's Creed AI Better on 360?

Also got to remember that the original Xbox boasted much more power than the PS2, and i think Microsoft have realised now after Xbox sales werent as high as they hoped that power doesnt get you everywhere but having a wide range of games and exclusive titles does.

That's exactly what I mean! "In the future!"

Adding to what I said in my last post; Remember what you said Dark Drakan, "right now!"

Lady_0989

#1 For Goodies
But this was their triple A title and was suppose to be the longest and other stuff like that of the DMC's:(
Im just worried that they will have to cut back on their ideas because of the XBOX360's memory limitations.

KingJordan

I be tippin' down
This is actually the best gaming news I've heard in weeks. I'm not getting a ps3 anytime soon. And now DMC 4 is coming to the green side :)

This might mean though that Lost Planet and/or Dead Rising may go to ps3. Who knows.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I doubt it and anyway this has really really angered me it seems sad yes but its been special to the PS2 like Sonic was to SEGA.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Honestly, did this surprise anyone? Capcom is know to lie about exclusivity all the time. Remember RE4? The are in it for the money. Simple as that. Ive always been faithful to Sony, but they are going to lose a lot of people to their number 1 rival, Xbox. Wasn't it bad enough that they lost some people to the Wii? Sony better get their act together, cause Xbox has its sights on Metal Gear Solid 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. If Sony loses these titles, Sony will be undone.

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes agreed its not helping them in the long run yhes there gaining a bit more money now but in the long run there losing out because lets take DMC4 into example XBOX360 costs about £200-220 in england and the PS3 will cost £400-420 if people want the game what they going to do go high no they will buy the cheaper Xbox360 so the only people who will have the last laugh are Microsoft.

Atredus

The Great Destroyer
Exactly. I don't have either an Xbox 360 or a PS3. Though I consider myself to be a playstation faithful, but I am also a realistic person. Why buy a system for 600 bucks when I could get another one for 300 bucks which also has great games. MGS4 will be the deal breaker for most people. DMC4 has probably already done it for some, but im telling you MGS4 will determine the future of the PS3.

Mobfigurz

Yep, just let Sony push me a few more times and I swear I will beat the shyt out of my PS3, Im sooo ****ed off about this.

This is driving me crazy, first EA act up and now Capcom throw some shyt into the works, this is bad News for Sony, but more so for us Gamers.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Lady_0989;23918 said:
Im just worried that they will have to cut back on their ideas because of the XBOX360's memory limitations.

The Xbox 360's memory limitations?

Mobfigurz

Nel0 Angel0;23982 said:
Sorry Xbox360 hasnt got a memory limitation and I am as angry as you mobfigurz but without the swearing.

Yea I know, but what am I supposed to do, DMC4 and GT5 were the only things stopping me from crying myself to sleep at night. Those Two games were the only reasons I brought my PS3 in November, damn you Capcom, damn you to Hell!!

Top Bottom