• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus waved his hand over the reader locking the door to his room, it slid open quietly and his was greeted by an all to familiar and entirely welcome sight, his own bed, his own room and his own belongings.

He took several steps forward, coming to a stop at the foot of his bed before just falling forward onto it.

"Oh god that's so damn comfortable..." He laughed to himself, spinning onto his back, he pulled on the string dangling down from the curtains, opening them up to let some light in. He pulled out his PDA, composing a message to Crow.

• To: Crow.
    Subject: Come find me.
    Body: Hey Crow, I've dealt with getting the upgrades fitted to Anubis, pretty much on my own up here killing time, come find me, I think we should probably talk, sending you the location of my room, shouldn't be too hard to find.

~Angel.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake had finishing eating, he went outside and looked at the stars, wondering about his planet, he went to his AC and entered to the ****pit, where he got a little foto of his friends.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow jerked awake as his PDA beeped and vibrated. Checking it groggily, he saw that he had to go. "Kay, Rain, you gotta stay here a little while." If I have to... The AI responded dejectedly. "Oh, lighten up." Crow joked. "You'll be fine." He got out and followed the coordinates to Angelus' room. Opening the door, he slowly walked inside. "You wanted to see me?"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus stood up from his bed to greet Crow, walking over to him and offering him a friendly hug, he turned to walk towards the kitchen area of his impressively side home.

"Thanks for coming Crow, I appreciate it...There's a few subjects I wanted to discuss with you before we head out on whatever mission we get assigned next...Don't suppose I could offer you a drink could I?"

Angelus flicked on the kettle, preparing a cup of tea for himself.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow smiled. At least Angelus was feeling good. "Yeah, a cup of tea would be nice." He found a chair and sat down. "Actually, I've never had tea before. It's nice to try new things, right?" He looked around the room, letting out a soft whistle. "This is one sweet pad you got here. I slept in my AC. Much more comfortable than the cot they offered me."

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake keep staring to the picture on his AC."Neko, Adriana, dont worry guys, as soon as i got what i want i will return". He closed his eyes and started sleeping

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
OOC: TCD, we're still in the mountainous area around the factory. I don't think there are any houses.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus poured Crow a cup of tea, along with his own, before bring them both out to his room.

"There you go, hope you like it, a refined drink they call it...Anyway, you're free to sit down you know, no need to just stand there."

He sat down on his bed, taking a sip of his tea, looking up at Crow.

"Not sure how long we'll be here...There's a lot I want to discuss."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz winked his eyes a few times until he felt that he could open them up and stay awake without falling down, and stood up. He stretched, looked around, and began to walk towards the hangar, looking for his AC. Maiden was still intact, standing perfectly still as he had left her, and without further hesitation, he climbed into the AC, and activated a few of its systems.

Hello, Zazz.

"Hi, Maiden. Did you have a pleasant nap?"

If that's what you'd like to call it, then yes. You?

"I guess so...but...all of this stuff with Duoss Core...and now my sister showing back-"

You do not need to see her right now.

"What?"

Readings indicate that you're current levels of stress and fatigue are way beyond acceptable. She will only do bad to see you.

"You think so?"

I know so. Go inside and get something warm to drink for now. Find a nice bed, and sleep there. You need it. We can talk more later.

"Well...okay. Thanks, Maiden."

You're very welcome, Zazz.

With that, Zazz turned Maiden back off, and climbed back out, walking inside the facility again. Going straight to the cafeteria, he made himself a small cup of coffee with a tiny bit of creamer, and sat at one of the tables again, waiting for it to cool down.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow, obligingly, sat down. Taking a sip of his tea, he looked at Angelus with a serious expression. "Let me guess. It's about Duoss, isn't it?"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Duoss is one thing, well, I dare say it takes up quite a significant amount of the conversation, see...I found out some disturbing things about the connection between Anubis and Duoss."

Angelus sighed, taking another sip of his tea, he put his mug down on his bedside table before continuing the conversation.

"I was speaking to Lex about it, telling her everything that happened, well, you were there in that "fight", you know that they're polar opposites, each built for a different purpose, but each with an equal level of attainable strength, they're destined to fight each other, but there's more to it than that."

He stood up and began pacing.

"You see, they were developed with a single purpose in mind, well...Technically a single purpose, you're aware of when they fight, Anubis initiates a 20 minute countdown for the fight, if that 20 minutes runs out, the Zero Shift drive kicks in and takes it straight back here, Duoss was built from the ground up to be a powerhouse, it's huge, it can accommodate that sort of power...Anubis however, it's an experiment, an experiment to see how much destructive power a standard sized Core can wield."

He came to a stop back at his bedside, before retaking his seat.

"Anubis is fully able to wield the same power Duoss has, it just has to be upgraded in stages...It also needs a human pilot, there's something different about Anubis too...Psyche degradation, the more powerful it gets, the more able it is to influence the mind of it's pilot, that's the key...When Anubis and Duoss fight, during the aftermath there is a chance that the two of them will become one, Anubis is the dominant half of that hybrid, as such, the pilot, I...I'll be pulled into it, and I'll either be killed or assimilated, my mind will become the epicentre of the Duoss/Anubis hybrid, my body at the very heart of it."

Angelus stopped, silence filled the room, he placed his head in his hands.

"I'm...Scared, Crow..."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow's heart started to beat in his ears. This was way too creepy. "But why not just stop? You can quit at any time. Zazz and I will fight Duoss. You don't need to die just to kill something that can't comprehend emotion." He looked outside at the morning sun. "I guess you must have some obligation or something, but I can't see my friend die. If you want to go still, I can't stop you. That's Zazz' choice. Although, knowing you, you won't listen to a single word he says."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"It's an easy choice really, if I try to leave, my son dies, if I carry on, I die, I'd rather give him a chance to live and resign myself to death, rather than I live and watch the last remains of my family die, I have to go on...I just...I'd like to ask a favour of you...If, no, when I turn, stop me, use everything at your disposal to stop me, even if it involves killing me, do whatever you can to put an end to whatever it is I'll start doing, because I doubt that I could stop myself."

Angelus drank the last of his tea before taking the cup back out into the kitchen. In an attempt to occupy himself he began to clean.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"You know I can't do that. I'm not about to give up. We'll weaken Duoss, and then destroy him before Anubis and Duoss fuse. It can work. We'll make it work." Crow was wringing his hands, suddenly stressed beyond belief. "You won't die. I won't let that happen."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angel smiled, suddenly somewhat thankful he'd made such a reliable friend in such a short amount of time, he placed his hand on Crow's shoulder.

"Thanks, it's nice to know I have someone I can count on...So don't you start getting stressed out, that's the last thing either of us need...Oh, if you want to stay here for the night rather than sleeping in your AC, you're more than welcome, there's a spare room down the hall."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow got up, finishing his tea. "Thanks. I think I need to sleep on this anyway..." Walking down the hall into the spare room, still unbelieving in what he heard, he slowly drifted off into a troubled sleep.

When he awoke, it was nearly noon. Groggily getting out of bed, he rubbed his eyes and combed his hair into his signature anime spiky style.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz woke up as well, noting that he'd fallen asleep in the cafeteria. Looking into the small plastic cup he'd gotten his coffee in, what he saw was no longer a fresh cup of delight, but a dull, swirly cup of cool, spoilt liquid. He sighed and tossed the cup into the trash, walking out to the hangar, and waited for something to happen. He looked at Maiden, and then looked at a few of the other ACs. They all looked magnificent, but Zazz still liked his the most.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Duoss warped into the area of the factory, projecting a stealth field so that the AA guns wouldn't tear him to shreds. In his weakened state, he left himself vulnerable to attack. This is incredibly brash of me... He thought, but quickly pushed those thoughts out. No, I must destroy Anubis. I cannot allow it to become too powerful. I don't want to have to serve under that trash. Why... Why did they have to make that BITCH the dominant one?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Drake waked too, he drop from his AC and walked to the hangar, there he finded Zazz."Hey can you help me, my AC needs repairing".

Top Bottom