• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham deserves as much recognition as the "Sons of Sparda"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh, right. Different time zones... I'm dead tired, but I refuse to go to bed! For another half hour, at least...

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
I just think that Vergil, suffice it to say, is EXTREMELY overrated. I mean people love to say vergil could beat dante if he were still alive. which is so not true. Dante in the end kicks the crap out of Nelo Angelo which is Vergil in an even stronger demonic state. I doubt Nelo would be able to stand up to Nero.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
HQQR - Solid;211599 said:
I just think that Vergil, suffice it to say, is EXTREMELY overrated. I mean people love to say vergil could beat dante if he were still alive. which is so not true. Dante in the end kicks the crap out of Nelo Angelo which is Vergil in an even stronger demonic state. I doubt Nelo would be able to stand up to Nero.

I couldn't agree more.

I think that Dante has more physical strength than Nero but the DB is able to do more destructive damage which Dante doesn't need as the normal melee attacks he does do enough damage.
I agree that Nero makes better use of it not because of his fighting style but because it gives him more that it could ever give Dante and Vergil. At least until Nero is able to unlock his own devil form without it he needs it more than Dante and Vergil do, they are fine as Dante is now very familiar with demonic transformation but it almost gives Nero the ability to pursue his destiny.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;211788 said:
That would be nice, but Dante isn't the kind to do that. He's a stand-alone type of guy.

he dose technichly have a partner ( trish). however he isn't the teaching type. maybie if vergil came back he might be able to manage it if he had a reason to.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I don't think Vergil should come back after he was clearly killed. I think dead characters should stay dead, thank you.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;211794 said:
I don't think Vergil should come back after he was clearly killed. I think dead characters should stay dead, thank you.

i didn't see a corpse. did you?:)

dead is not dead in fiction. even if a corpse is found it an excuse can be made that allows a dead charicter to come back without contradicting the story. or a way to bring thim back to life can be found. it is okay to do that once or twice ( as long as it dosn't happen 20 times like in DBZ )/ vergil is a good charicter and can still contribute to the advancement of the story and not just in prequels.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Thus the problem created by releasing such a kick ass Vergil in DMC3 though in DMC1 he died. Hopefully capcom has learned their lesson of making characters popular but having them make only a limited appearance. I guess they didn't think Vergil pre DMC1 would have such a large fan-base.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
That, and the now-creator of DMC has stated he doesn't even like Vergil. MAJOR problem for his fan base, but I don't really care. He had a good run. DMC 5 should be Nero only, just because they need to explain what they left untouched in DMC 4. I think DMC 4 was only made as an introduction game for Nero. I think they're leading up to something for DMC 5. What it is, only time will tell.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
DreadnoughtDT;211842 said:
That, and the now-creator of DMC has stated he doesn't even like Vergil. MAJOR problem for his fan base, but I don't really care. He had a good run. DMC 5 should be Nero only, just because they need to explain what they left untouched in DMC 4. I think DMC 4 was only made as an introduction game for Nero. I think they're leading up to something for DMC 5. What it is, only time will tell.

Nero really needs some backstory.

What we know about him?, that from that day his arm changed?, he didnt even sayed what happened that day he was really touched story in the game but no one, before that point, but if the game creator, wants to explain Nero story be waiting for another prequel.

But still it can be done in a sequel, but expect lots of flashbacks and long story cutscenes

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
If DMC5 is Nero only, I probably won't buy it.
If Capcom screw up the DMC story (Vergie/Nero thingy) I definitely will not be buying it!

I still say that Vergil's soul was ripped from his body and placed in that Nelo armor.
A bit like Malek the Paladin in Blood Omen Legacy of Kain.
In Blood Omen, Malek is the last of the Sarafan, an order of vampire slaying warrior-priests. As one of the seven Sarafan Inquisitors, he first appears in a flashback in the game's opening sequence - 500 years prior to the game events he failed to protect the Circle of Nine from the vampire Vorador, resulting in the deaths of six Guardians. As punishment for his failure, Mortanius the Necromancer tore the soul from Malek's body and fused it to his armor, damning Malek to everlasting unlife in the service of the Circle.
(That just tells you what happened.)

So If Vergil's soul was torn from his body, Mundus probably fed Vergil's body to a bunch of ravenous hungry demons.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
Whatever the case, I'm hoping for a great game with enemies of at least semi-decent design and at least some scare/ impress factor and definitely more focused around the central character of the series... Dante (as if I need say it).:)

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Vergil'sB*tch;212093 said:
So If Vergil's soul was torn from his body, Mundus probably fed Vergil's body to a bunch of ravenous hungry demons.

Owowowowowowowowowowowowowow!!!!!!!!!!! D: That mental image hurt my soul, VB.

Anyways, if you say his soul was torn from his body, I'm thinking he possessed Nero's arm, hence Yamato repairing itself and such. /ignoreme.I'mtoosleepytothinkathtemoment

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
It's really too bad! Seems like the creator tried to make him douche in a sense but instead he made him a badass. Seeing as how the japanese obviously have a clear misconception on what makes someone an un-popular character. IMO Dante comes off more douche-ish than vergil simply because he's too ****y. Nero is a semi-douche because he yells too much. I mean nobody can be that angry during an entire game.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
IMO DMC4 could've been a little more entertaining.... I mean to me it comes off as a punk-kid little brother who tried to imitate the awesomeness of its older brothers. (DMC 1-3) If that makes any sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom