• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Arkham deserves as much recognition as the "Sons of Sparda"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Sparda™;211056 said:
Dante never had a hard time.

I want to see him humiliated to the point of having each of his move dodged with ease, insulted, word-played etc.

Don't get me wrong, I like Dante, but he needs to be more down to earth rather than be untouchable. Sparda's son or not, there are plenty of demons and whatnot 1000 times more powerful than Dante.
This. This is why I like Vergil more than Dante. -.- And if Nero didn't get Yamato, I'd like him more than Dante, too.

aoshi

Dante had a real hard time.

Dante -
1)outkast from demon world(does not belong there) and jobless.
2)Gets stabbed by vergil on brotherly arguement.
3)Lady pukes on him as an irresponsible jerk.

I don't think struggle is always when swords clash. Even as a combat character, Dante was given attacks letting him open and off-guard and did not have heavy moves that obliterate bosses unlike nero or vergil.I would call dante "rambo" of demon world. But would not want anyone insult him. Besides , he would shrug it off.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
HQQR - Solid;211115 said:
I guess it's his now...

Yeah it's Nero's now just like it went from Sparda to Vergil it went from the swords next rightful owner (Dante) to Nero who is apparently part of the family anyway so whats the big problem?

Now GET PRACTICING NERO I want to use it properly next time.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
DreadnoughtDT;211096 said:
What's wrong with Nero having Yamato?
I'm a Vergil fangirl. That's what's wrong with it. And my DxV shipper died a little inside when Dante gave Nero Yamato. But I shan't dive into that...at the moment.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
HQQR - Solid;211496 said:
I think Nero at the moment makes the best use of it. So why not let him have it?

nero makes better use of yamato than dante but the only one truly worthy of the sword is vergil. ( and sparda of course). even if nero is part of the familly he will never be truly equal to vergl. so while its okay for nero to hold on to it. yamato isn't truly his to keep.

Sparda™

darkslayer13;211527 said:
nero makes better use of yamato than dante but the only one truly worthy of the sword is vergil. ( and sparda of course). even if nero is part of the familly he will never be truly equal to vergl. so while its okay for nero to hold on to it. yamato isn't truly his to keep.

This.

Plus, Nero is not making any good use of It. His style is too raw and amateurish for Yamato. Even Dante uses It properly.

All the beauty of Yamato is being used with Iadojutsu/Battojutsu which essentially are styles Vergil used - drawing the sword/hitting/putting It back inside the sheath.

HQQR - Solid

THE AWESOME
Sparda™;211535 said:
This.

Plus, Nero is not making any good use of It. His style is too raw and amateurish for Yamato. Even Dante uses It properly.

All the beauty of Yamato is being used with Iadojutsu/Battojutsu which essentially are styles Vergil used - drawing the sword/hitting/putting It back inside the sheath.

Well I think that Nero is putting better use to it. I mean he is, in terms of raw power, more powerful than Dante i.e. making him more powerful than Vergil, hence DMC1 Dante kills Vergil.
So if Nero isn't putting it to good use, than you're saying that a person who no longer exists in the world of the living would put better use to it? Makes no sense to me...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Solid brings up some good points. And I'm one of the few people who doesn't want to see Vergil resurrected. He played his part, and his part is past now, so it's time to move on. Besides, in terms of raw power, Nero is stronger than both Dante and by extension Vergil. Finesse doesn't really matter if you have raw power to back yourself up.

Daring Dylan

This is all we got now.
Um... What raw power does Nero have exactly? I mean, Dante LET Nero "win" their fight at the start of DMC4. Also, please excuse any mistakes, I'm waiting in line for a roller coaster, so I'm on my phone.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You're going on a roller coaster at nearly eleven at night? Oh, right, the all night amusement park thing.

Anyway, in terms of raw power, if Dante had gotten too ****y, Nero would've destroyed him. Besides, his fighting style suggests that power is what drives him, not his ****y persona or finesse, like Dante and Vergil respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom