• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anything on Sales Yet?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the DMC3-SE numbers had some shenanigans involved. If there was any other source I could have used, I gladly would have.

Hmmm yeah, even vanilla DMC4's sales are wrong, it seems.

Anybody knows when Capcom will publish its official sale data?

Judge

Hmmm yeah, even vanilla DMC4's sales are wrong, it seems.

Anybody knows when Capcom will publish its official sale data?

Will be sometime this month. Although I don't think they report sales less than 1 mil units. So we don't know if something has sold 1 copy or 999,999. Which leaves us in the dark on whether the sales were good or not.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Will be sometime this month. Although I don't think they report sales less than 1 mil units. So we don't know if something has sold 1 copy or 999,999. Which leaves us in the dark on whether the sales were good or not.

Ah. That sucks.

Judge

There should be a PC port of the DE version already.

Think they didn't bother with the PC version because all the stuff they put in DE was already fan modded, in some cases many things were done by the PC community that even the DE edition didn't do.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
There should be a PC port of the DE version already.

I don't think they see the point in something that's already available as mods, but on Steam, a lot of people are asking for the costumes, GMD and Vergil's Bloody Palace. I agree with them, I wouldn't mind putting down a bit of money for that. They could put it up on the store website as DLC. Free would be amazing too, but... you know.

Yeah, I agree. It made a profit, and it got decent reviews. The Definitive Edition is one of the best action games I've ever played, so as long as I enjoy it, who cares right?

I agree. On a slightly unrelated topic, I am really thirsty for someone to announce a new hack and slash game. DmC has made me love the genre, and now I can't really enjoy myself unless I'm hacking something/someone up with a sword.

Not me obviously, cause I did buy both...again (Yeah, while I would have liked a physical copy, DMC4 is now my first digital game.....yay)

I remember how frustrated I was when my local gamestore didn't have the game on release, and I ended up buying it digitally, only to have the world's worst internet connection. I ended up playing the game around 1am with my eyes barely open, and I left the next day to get the physical copy of DmC.

Suffice it to say, I am not good with my finances.

Last edited:

DemonDream

Lin Kuei (Forest Demon)
Premium
When did DmC(ps3, xbox 360, DL) sold 1.7 million? i checked on their platinum titles. last time i checked, it was at 1.6 million last year i believe. I been out of the loop.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
When did DmC(ps3, xbox 360, DL) sold 1.7 million? i checked on their platinum titles. last time i checked, it was at 1.6 million last year i believe. I been out of the loop.
I'd imagine since the DE came out it's gone up.
According to Capcom's Platinum titles list, DmC's sold 1.7 mill, however I'm not sure if that includes the DE or not.
After all, the DMC3 SE is counted separately (Vanilla version sold 1.3, while the SE sold another million, making it 2.3 million in total).
So I'm assuming it doesn't. If so, and the last numbers are correct, that would make DmC's sales at-least 1.8 million.
Which is good news either way for fans of DmC, since it means DmC isn't the worse selling game in the series.
(That 'honor' officially goes to DMC2, where it belongs)
EDIT: Here's a link http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/business/million.html

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah, that was a sales update from last weeks quarterly update. There was a bump in PC sales (It went from low 400K to 500K by September.) DE is counted separately, like SE. Was planning on making a new thread about it, should do it now to avoid thread nerco'ing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom