• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any Gundam fans here on the forums?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I realize I'm writing this at like 2:30 in the morning so I'm going to go to bed right after, but yeah. Any fans of big robots making other robots kersplode? Oh and character development too I guess...

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I like me some Gundam. I've only seen a few. Some Gundam Wing, G Gundam, SD Gundam, Gundam SEED, and Gundam 00. Lol

I feel like watching some giant fightin robots now. ;3

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I've only watched the original, Mobile Suit Gundam.
I really should get around to watching the others but I just haven't the time :frown:

Meg

I've actually been wondering about this series. I like robots making other robots explode. And some character development. But I don't know where to start. Any recommendations for someone on a budget?

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I've actually been wondering about this series. I like robots making other robots explode. And some character development. But I don't know where to start. Any recommendations for someone on a budget?
Most of the Gundam series are pretty much self contained with a few that link with each other. I would recommend G Gundam. It's pretty silly but good. And maybe Gundam 00. It is a bit more serious than G Gundam but has action and character development. I hope you like em. :3

Reactions: Meg

Khundy

Berserker
I do, here's my latest custom build
11130106_10206096321145538_321077553843248931_n.jpg

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Huge Gundam fan here but i'm more on Universal Century timeline of the series.

But I don't know where to start. Any recommendations for someone on a budget?

Well, this is quite complicated because Gundam has many timelines like Marvel and DC but not as convoluted as those two. Basically Gundam has two major timelines, which are Universal Century and Alternative Universe. The Universal Century one is the main timeline of Gundam and is the timeline that started the franchise. Alternative Universe is a collection of gundam series that is not set on the Universal Century, examples are: G Gundam, Gundam Wing, Gundam Seed and Gundam 00.

If you really wanted to start and go in depth at the heart of Gundam, you ought to watch the series from Universal Century first. This is my recommended order.

Gundam 0079 > Gundam: 08th MS team> Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket > Zeta Gundam > Char's Counterattack > Gundam Unicorn

The animation varies each show because the other shows was release on much later year. So this is not the release order but more the chronological one. But there are other side stories from the UC timeline but i picked the best ones. There are 70's and 80's animation style here so if that really puts you off then you can start with an alternative universe series which is Gundam 00, since that one has the most updated animation and more friendly to start with.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I'm a fan of the original series, the ones I have seen are

Gundam
Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket
Gundam 0083 stardust memories
Gundam Zeta
Gundam Char's counterattack
Gundam Unicorn
Gundam F91

And also

Gundam Seed/Gundam Seed Destiny
G Gundam
Gundam Wing
Gundam 00

My favorite out of the bunch are a tie with Seed and 00 being the epitome of the Gundam series for me.

Well as its been pointed out already a lot of the gundam series are self contained, if your looking for the one with the longest story that spans different animes it would be the original Gundam Series which if that is the case you should start in this order and work your way on to in order

Mobile Suit Gundam (original)
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080 War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam 08th MS team
Mobile Suit Gundam 0083 Stardust Memory
Mobile Suit Gundam Zeta
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ
Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counterattack
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
Mobile Suit Gundam F91

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
The only Gundam series I enjoyed were Gundam Wing and G Gundam. Also when I was younger, the SD Gundam series lol.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm glad to see so much love for Gundam 00 here! 00 is my favorite of the entire franchise.

@Meg

Recommendations for a first runthrough are G Gundam for it's silliness yet fun story (Dragon Ball Z with robots basically) and Gundam 00 (that's two zeroes) for its character development and amazingly made battle scenes.

I've heard SEED is pretty good, but its sequel series SEED Destiny is really, really divisive. I personally don't like it, but I know plenty that do.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Seed is still decent but Destiny just ruined the entire cosmic era(The universe where Seed is set in). It's a terrible show and a terrible sequel. Kira and Lacus are seriously one of the worst Gary Stu and Mary sue that i have ever seen.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Seed is still decent but Destiny just ruined the entire cosmic era(The universe where Seed is set in). It's a terrible show and a terrible sequel. Kira and Lacus are seriously one of the worst Gary Stu and Mary sue that i have ever seen.

Yeah. I kinda stopped caring after they wrested main character status away from Shinn, and then we had Kira survive a nuke going off under his ass like he was Space Jesus or something.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Yeah. I kinda stopped caring after they wrested main character status away from Shinn, and then we had Kira survive a nuke going off under his ass like he was Space Jesus or something.

Well, there is a reason why he was mostly called Kira Jesus Yamato by many Gundam fans. He survived three times from situations that is entirely impossible to be alive after.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well i someday wanted to see Gundam animes, and well what best are you well choosing for someone who wants to join this anime fandom, as i seen many screenies on Tumblr and well got intrested.

Khundy

Berserker
I like the shows, and think That gundam try fighters second season is awesome. But mainly I just love building the model kits.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well i someday wanted to see Gundam animes, and well what best are you well choosing for someone who wants to join this anime fandom, as i seen many screenies on Tumblr and well got intrested.

I hope it isn't too late to reply to you. But in my personal opinion, the best ones to watch to get into the fandom are these ones.

Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam
Mobile Fighter G Gundam
Mobile Suit Gundam 00
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn
and Mobile Suit Gundam AGE.

I haven't seen Turn A Gundam or Gundam Build Fighters, but I heard they're pretty good too.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I was rabid for Mobile Suit Gundam a long time ago...before I got into Macross. I still like the show, I just haven't watched it since the late Cretaceous Period.

See, that's the weird thing. I don't like Macross at all. Dunno why, it just has never stuck with me.

Nightmare Omni

Mobile Suit Gundam at the start of things is my fave.

A very good follow up but a totally seperate franchise would be the 2 Zone of the Enders Games followed by Zone of the Enders: Dolores.

That Anime was so good.

Top Bottom