• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Any difference between "Hell or heaven" and "Hell and another hell"?

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
I'm not sure what is the second one named properly but it's the hardest mode... You DIE from one shot, same as HOH! WTF?o_O Why have two SAME modes?

Poison Ivy

Wants Cookiez
On Heaven or Hell (HoH) you die from one hit, but the others are the same as DH (or so I think)
On Hll and Hell (HaH) you die from one hit again, but also the others die on one hit. Basicly here everyone dies from one shot/hit :D

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Heaven or Hell means all enemies die from one hit and so do you.

Hell and Hell means you die from one hit, the enemies don't.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
heaven or hell, is where you can kill everything in one hit, they can one hit you as well,
hell or hell, they cant get one shotted but you can

Keaton

Premium
VeNGeD is correct.

Hell or Hell puts you at a OHKO, whereas Enemies retain their regular life.
Whereas Heaven or Hell everything is KO'd in one hit.

Although, I'm not sure what Difficulty the enemies are at for either mode...+rep for a correct anwser. ;)

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166016 said:
VeNGeD is correct.

Hell or Hell puts you at a OHKO, whereas Enemies retain their regular life.
Whereas Heaven or Hell everything is KO'd in one hit.

Although, I'm not sure what Difficulty the enemies are at for either mode...+rep for a correct anwser. ;)
I'm pretty sure the enemy layout and difficulty is Son of Sparda, not 100% sure though...

Keaton

Premium
^I'd imagine it would be at its most Difficult SoS, afterall, it would be painfully cheap on DMD :O!

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166020 said:
^I'd imagine it would be at its most Difficult SoS, afterall, it would be painfully cheap on DMD :O!
It would be fun if it was on DMD, remember you could always use the super characters. Thats how I did my HaH playthrough and it wasn't as hard as I had initially expected.

Keaton

Premium
^Touche, but even with Super Characters...not getting hit...at all...seems pretty unlikely lol :D

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166025 said:
^Touche, but even with Super Characters...not getting hit...at all...seems pretty unlikely lol :D
Well remember you also have 3 Gold Orbs to start with so... I think it would be a great challenge.

I am getting bored of the game now that everything has been completed and S Ranked.

Keaton

Premium
^Show off lol

I'm fighting my way through DMD as I speak.
Never had the time or patience the first tie around lol

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166027 said:
^Show off lol

I'm fighting my way through DMD as I speak.
Never had the time or patience the first tie around lol
The hardest part is the first playthrough on DMD, after you have completed it everything else will be a piece of cake.

Good luck with DMD :D

On my first playthrough of DMD I used Holy Water in almost every fight lol.

Keaton

Premium
VeNGeD;166029 said:
The hardest part is the first playthrough on DMD, after you have completed it everything else will be a piece of cake.

Good luck with DMD :D

On my first playthrough of DMD I used Holy Water in almost every fight lol.

What I'm finding most annoying is when I use an item, die, Continue, then beat the boss with no items and barely any damage. Despite the fact that the item hasn't affected by character in anyway...i'm still penalized.

ie. Fighting Echidna with Nero last night, after my third or forth attempt I pretty much had a clean streak. Including initiating DT-Busters at ever oppertunity (when she was standing on the ground inside the flower, when she was floating in the air and naturally when she lays an egg).

...and yet my score was still an annoying D because of the previous item uses. !¬_¬;;

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166082 said:
What I'm finding most annoying is when I use an item, die, Continue, then beat the boss with no items and barely any damage. Despite the fact that the item hasn't affected by character in anyway...i'm still penalized.

ie. Fighting Echidna with Nero last night, after my third or forth attempt I pretty much had a clean streak. Including initiating DT-Busters at ever oppertunity (when she was standing on the ground inside the flower, when she was floating in the air and naturally when she lays an egg).

...and yet my score was still an annoying D because of the previous item uses. !¬_¬;;
Damn that sucks, just keep playing.

It will be hard now but after you complete it the first time it should become a lot easier, that's what happend for me anyway.

Practice makes perfect.

BringerOfChaos888;166046 said:
seriously?
Is this directed at one of my posts?

Keaton

Premium
VeNGeD;166094 said:
Damn that sucks, just keep playing.

It will be hard now but after you complete it the first time it should become a lot easier, that's what happend for me anyway.

Practice makes perfect.

Yeah I agree, when/if I decide to replay my lower rank missions I know my rank will be between S+A, but damn, its annoying otherwise lol

VeNGeD

Cut 'Em Up!
Premium
Keaton;166097 said:
Yeah I agree, when/if I decide to replay my lower rank missions I know my rank will be between S+A, but damn, its annoying otherwise lol
Suprisingly Human is a real pain in the ass to S rank, you can barely get enough style points because the enemies die so quickly...

Also if you are going for S ranks when you finish DMD, I made a thread with all the s rank requirements in the Devil May Cry 4 Forum. That should help as you will know the time, style and orbs you need for the s rank.

What mission on DMD are you on now?

Keaton

Premium
VeNGeD;166101 said:
Suprisingly Human is a real pain in the ass to S rank, you can barely get enough style points because the enemies die so quickly...

Also if you are going for S ranks when you finish DMD, I made a thread with all the s rank requirements in the Devil May Cry 4 Forum. That should help as you will know the time, style and orbs you need for the s rank.

What mission on DMD are you on now?

Sadly I had to finish up last night after killing Echidna, shes a peice of cake when you how, as I said, I died numerous times attempting her but on my final attempt I barely took any damage and managed to achieve every Buster Animation Available (the hardest part was symaltaniously turning On then OFF the DT to initiate the Buster with the added power, but also by Bashing both the Buster and Blue Rose buttons you get more damage from the Buster and also fire off Summoned Blades :D)

Top Bottom