• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

all the right moves

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
He will most likely get more weapons as you progress through the game as its doubtful that his sword will change into all of them so i think he will get a new weapon that also has 3 different forms. So i was thinking that that each new weapon had its one unique grab move.

Possibly. I was formulating ideas in my head about what weapons he would get and how he would switch between them and I thought that maybe his sword can change forms into different weapons but you can only use 2 at a time. Like in DMC3, you could choose the 2 weapons you want to use and then have a button for switching between them during a combo and since it's still the sword changing forms, it would still have the same grab move. To me, if you try to give each weapon a unique grab move, you're gonna end up having some that work better than others and you're not going to want to use those other weapons because they have inferior grab moves.

chocolatepanda

Possibly. I was formulating ideas in my head about what weapons he would get and how he would switch between them and I thought that maybe his sword can change forms into different weapons but you can only use 2 at a time. Like in DMC3, you could choose the 2 weapons you want to use and then have a button for switching between them during a combo and since it's still the sword changing forms, it would still have the same grab move. To me, if you try to give each weapon a unique grab move, you're gonna end up having some that work better than others and you're not going to want to use those other weapons because they have inferior grab moves.

After i did my post i thought about and it is possible the his sword will gain more forms im just not to fond of that idea but thats neither here nor there.

You misunderstood what i meant the weapons we've seen so far are just the 2 other forms that the Rebellion can take, what i was saying is if new weapons are another weapon altogether not just different forms of the Rebellion i would like to see have its own unique grab animations. And its about personal preference really just like the weapons themselves the axe has superior power but the scythe has superior speed and range each has pros and cons neither is really better than the other.

Dantino

That crazy dude on the internet...
Weapon:Scythe
Move Name:Grinder
Description: like the prop shredder but instead of dante holding the scythe he throws it under an enemy, half of the scythe is in the ground while the other half above the ground shreds the enemy while dante uses his guns to pump the baddy/other baddies

ReRave

smug jerk
You misunderstood what i meant the weapons we've seen so far are just the 2 other forms that the Rebellion can take, what i was saying is if new weapons are another weapon altogether not just different forms of the Rebellion
That's basically how I see it: Dante's dual nature takes it's toll on every weapon he finds. D-Pad has 4 buttons, meaning except for Rebellion, he will have 3 other weapons. Those 3 weapons will be able to switch to an angel-stance-weapon and it's demonic counterpart.
In total, Dante will have 12 weapons, the way I see it. What happens to the guns, I don't know, but seeing how I never used them anyways, I don't even care. :cool:

chocolatepanda

That's basically how I see it: Dante's dual nature takes it's toll on every weapon he finds. D-Pad has 4 buttons, meaning except for Rebellion, he will have 3 other weapons. Those 3 weapons will be able to switch to an angel-stance-weapon and it's demonic counterpart.
That's great idea and about the guns maybe there will be a button that toggles what weapons the D-Pad will toggle through. It'll either change melee weapon or after u toggle it it will change your guns. If they do it this way that means there could be a lot a guns to use as well if they are influenced by the angelic and demonic forms like the melee weapons are.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i think what would be really good control scheme wise, would be to have two directional that are for guns, and two that are for melee weapons. that would mean 2 melee weapons and the demon/angel versions = 6 melee weapons. same for the guns 2 guns and the demon/angle versions = 6 guns. so that alone would be 12 weapons. and then i believe it should incorporate a little of the control scheme from dmc1 where you could go into a menu and switch out which weapons you had.

Dantino

i think what would be really good control scheme wise, would be to have two directional that are for guns, and two that are for melee weapons. that would mean 2 melee weapons and the demon/angel versions = 6 melee weapons. same for the guns 2 guns and the demon/angle versions = 6 guns. so that alone would be 12 weapons. and then i believe it should incorporate a little of the control scheme from dmc1 where you could go into a menu and switch out which weapons you had.
Diving into menu's? Nahh!!! Switching weapons on the fly thats the theme. Not menu diving.

Dantino

Diving into menu's? Nahh!!! Switching weapons on the fly thats the theme. Not menu diving. So i'm pretty sure thats not it.

Edsabre

Eagle-eyed Devil Hunter
Has anyone seen Stinger in any of the trailers? To me, that's Dante's signature move and I really hope it makes the cut in DmC.

Top Bottom