• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

all the right moves

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
You can already switch weapons mid combo its just that it seems the combo im just thinking of something like 3 hits with the sword then switch to the axe so the 4th hit will be a strong finish for the combo.
i see what you're saying. that would be great for evolving combos :)

chocolatepanda

i see what you're saying. that would be great for evolving combos :)
i thought so too and depending on the amount of weapons that are in the game it could get quite complex. Which would give advanced players something else to master.

chocolatepanda

Yea it looks good i wanna see some new weapons though. I've been wondering about if you change weapons will he still use his sword as the grapple tool or do different weapon have there own unique grapple. Example if he has a beowulf like weapon and pulls an enemy towards himself will he still do an elbow bash or will the animation change to a tackle or something like that.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yea it looks good i wanna see some new weapons though. I've been wondering about if you change weapons will he still use his sword as the grapple tool or do different weapon have there own unique grapple. Example if he has a beowulf like weapon and pulls an enemy towards himself will he still do an elbow bash or will the animation change to a tackle or something like that.
ooooo that's a very interesting topic! i never even thought about that, or maybe when you change weapons you don't do the pull/grab move at all, but some entirely new move for each weapon!

chocolatepanda

I thought about that too i just dont like typing long posts but yea maybe he'll do like a really fast dash towards them leading to a tackle or maybe if the weapon has a long range it would pull in multiple enemies so you can take advantage of that range.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I thought about that too i just dont like typing long posts but yea maybe he'll do like a really fast dash towards them leading to a tackle or maybe if the weapon has a long range it would pull in multiple enemies so you can take advantage of that range.
you just got me more excited to see some new weapons! :)

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Im out of idea now :p
Im interested to see what you can do with the guns and also curious to see if we get a holy shotgun :D
yes we need to see more of what the guns are capable of, i wanna see that charge shot shown at gamescom during gameplay :) and if there is no shotgun in this game.....WE RIOT.

chocolatepanda

yes we need to see more of what the guns are capable of, i wanna see that charge shot shown at gamescom during gameplay :) and if there is no shotgun in this game.....WE RIOT.
I agree with you especially that last part :p
Since they have a shot that bounces from enemy to enemy i wonder if they made one to focus on a single enemy like a powerful blast maybe a precision shot or even rapid hitting shot kinda like DMC 4 Dante's stinger technique but his DT version.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I agree with you especially that last part :p
Since they have a shot that bounces from enemy to enemy i wonder if they made one to focus on a single enemy like a powerful blast maybe a precision shot or even rapid hitting shot kinda like DMC 4 Dante's stinger technique but his DT version.
hmmmm.....good question, in fact now that you mention it, i haven't noticed dante use his guns during his devil trigger...

chocolatepanda

hmmmm.....good question, in fact now that you mention it, i haven't noticed dante use his guns during his devil trigger...
Actually there is only there 1 instance where guns are used in DT and it was in the 1st trailer was saw that you off DT but that was the only time I've seen it and it was nothing special. But i really hope there's a technique that ground based because i like air combos as much a the next guy but i dont wanna have to use them every time i use DT. Also on a side note hope there's some sort of lazer gun that not as epic a Pandora's but not underwhelming as Artemis.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Actually there is only there 1 instance where guns are used in DT and it was in the 1st trailer was saw that you off DT but that was the only time I've seen it and it was nothing special. But i really hope there's a technique that ground based because i like air combos as much a the next guy but i dont wanna have to use them every time i use DT. Also on a side note hope there's some sort of lazer gun that not as epic a Pandora's but not underwhelming as Artemis.
oh yeah! that's true, i was thinking maybe they were keeping the guns out of DT for a reason, but i guess not. and yeah air combos are great, but ground combat needs to be incorporated in the DT somehow or else players may get frustrated and not utilize the devil trigger.

chocolatepanda

oh yeah! that's true, i was thinking maybe they were keeping the guns out of DT for a reason, but i guess not. and yeah air combos are great, but ground combat needs to be incorporated in the DT somehow or else players may get frustrated and not utilize the devil trigger.
It seems overpowered in the since enemies float helplessly it seems that would get old fast. There's sooo many things that could be shown that would really give away to much info that NT and Capcom refuse show like a HUD a new weapon even a new enemy would be nice.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It seems overpowered in the since enemies float helplessly it seems that would get old fast. There's sooo many things that could be shown that would really give away to much info that NT and Capcom refuse show like a HUD a new weapon even a new enemy would be nice.
damn you DmC, why do you have to be soo secretive! D:< i would like to see at least some new areas and new enemy types, preferably the stingers and tank drones that have been shown in short glimpses in a couple of trailers. speaking of enemy types! what would be some of the moves you would like enemies to have?

aoshi

I would like to see calibur from DMC 4 in the move set. Its extremely challenging to cancel caliburs. I am jus starting to practise it on DMC 4.I would also like to see million slash or jam combo from DMC 3 to make a return. I enjoyed it with DT charge release jus at the start of the combo which added to the damage from million slashes.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
i want to see chopper on there i liked hitting the enemies in the air and doing it again while they're defenceless in the air

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
wait if we are talking about combo finishers than i have only 1 word
FATALITY
301244_o.gif

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Not even a single person yet who would like to see style-switching making a coming back somehow, anyhow. :( :(

I would also like to a weapon like Pandora. It was awesome.

chocolatepanda

Not even a single person yet who would like to see style-switching making a coming back somehow, anyhow. :( :(

I would also like to a weapon like Pandora. It was awesome.
Well in a way styles for the most part are still there. It just seems royal guard and darkslayer got left out the other 3 styles seem like they still exist.

I would like to see a Pandora weapon in the game to in most DMC games they have a special gun in DMC 1 it was Nightmare Beta, DMC 3 Artemis, DMC 4 Pandora so a unique gun is hopefully still part of the game.

Top Bottom