• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

all seeing supporters

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
ok i know this is a second thread based on the same thing as last time but i dont see how supporters being able to see if other supporters and staff are online ( as they are invisable ) a prob .....

and it cant to a v-bulletin thing as the staff have the feature !! please consider it !

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
yeah ok ^ BUT if u need to talk to a certain person and its important u cant see if they are online or not .... and whats wrong with 10 people knowing that ur online while all the other members dont know ... and it would stop stupid post on profiles " r u online "
u have to see my point !!!

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
why not just send the message, and hope that they are on, or look to see if they have posted in the last few mins, im invisible becuase i chose to be, no real reason, but people still message me when im really offline

Dark Drakan

Admin
omenminator;144675 said:
yeah ok ^ BUT if u need to talk to a certain person and its important u cant see if they are online or not .... and whats wrong with 10 people knowing that ur online while all the other members dont know ... and it would stop stupid post on profiles " r u online "
u have to see my point !!!

I see your point but you can still send them PM's and if they are online they will read it.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
^then its based on hope ! y cant it be put in place for 2 weeks and see how it goes !

Dark Drakan

Admin
omenminator;144679 said:
^then its based on hope ! y cant it be put in place for 2 weeks and see how it goes !

See what the others think about it, its not a big deal really. ^_^

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
omenminator;144666 said:
Okay, I know this is a second thread based on the same thing as last time but I don’t see how supporters being able to see if other supporters and staff are on line ( as they are invisible ) a problem .....

And it cant to a v-bulletin thing as the staff have the feature !! please consider it !

The staff may have it, but that is because they need to see everyone that is on line for numerous reasons. They need more control over this place than anyone else, that is why they need to see us at all times. I think the first time this was asked the answer was a no, so I highly doubt this time will be any different. Personally I do find it annoying having to leave a message without knowledge if someone is on or not. But like others have said; you can always leave a message at any time and they will get back to it asap regardless of being on or not.

Vauxchen;144667 said:
But I like being invisible to all (bar staff) lol

With this said we do need to take everyone into consideration. Some members such as yourself wish to be invisible to all, besides Staff; and therefore we need to respect that.

Dark Drakan;144671 said:
If a person is set to invisible it's usually for a reason and for privacy.

Exactly. We can’t exactly breach privacy just because one person may wish to see if another is on. Perhaps if this feature can be applied the best solution would perhaps be this.

Only the members that agree to be seen at all times are set for the new feature. All of the others stay invisible. Therefore it's only applied to the ones who don’t mind, and not those who do. But I am not sure if this feature is possible.

omenminator;144679 said:
^ Then it's based on hope ! Why can't it be put in place for 2 weeks and see how it goes ?

It all depends on what Steve says on the matter. As he will be the one applying it if it is to be done, I assume.

But like Dark Drakan has said, let us see what more people have to say about the matter.

Kite

Shadow DMC Player
yeah, it really isn't that big a deal i go invisible because i just want to be on here and no one will bother me it's actually a really nice feature i think :)

Top Bottom