• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
~Snip~​

That trailer is for the new DBZ anime movie coming out next year, the next video is the opening to DBZ Ultimate Budokai video game.

That is the Episode of Bardock movie where Bardock becomes a SS. It will be released in US soon with a Kinnect DBZ video game.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I'm getting confused! That same video posted on You Tube saying it was a game too. Oh well, I found this video too which is supposed to be all the Hoshi trailers.

Even if it's fake or just from games, it's fun to look at ^^

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
~Snip~​

Not exactly. The DBKai is based off the Manga so its closer to the original story than DBZ was. DBSD is more of like a cute chibi style retelling of DB/Z. The story is the same just condensed and cuter.

While I agree that the Remastered DBZ scene is "good" compared to the DBKai scene version. I can honestly enjoy both version fully.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yea I know Kai is closer to the manga as it removes all the fillers & shorten the episodes because it free to produce each season without worry that the anime will overtake the manga.
However i believe sometimes the anime itself is pretty good & anime going the Kai route is a bad idea.

Well DBZ is finished other than the movie next year (which will be 40 minutes at best) and future video games DB/ZGT is over. No "Kai routes" are happening.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Dragon Ball Z english dubbed​
Ally to good nightmare to you​
Kai​

If a large majority of english dubbed anime cleans up the japanese & manga dialog then I love english dubbed even more.

Ah man come on ! the freiza's voice is so unfitting where's the "freezing icecold" voice ? he sounds like a choking squirrel

goku's voice is ''Okay" but nothing beats the original

Demon619

Deadman walking
With the whole Kai vs Fundi situation, I honestly think it depends on what the viewer was closer to.

If you grew up with Fundi's version, with its toned down dialogue and epic music by Bruce Faulconer, then Kai would have been too different for your tastes. Hell, growing up with Fundi's verson, I was really unable to take some of the scenes seriously with the original Jap music. The lack of Vegeta's theme and Ginyu's transformation made the series alot less Epic for my tastes.

Same goes for the voices in some regard, although with me personally, I rather liked Frieza's new voice.

But if you were closer to the Manga then any of the animes, then Kai would have been much better for you seeing how they cut most of the filler and made the dialogue much closer to the source material.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes absolutely i know his name is Son Goku, & as i said I am so very sorry but it sounds tremendously ridiculous.
Your saying Kai sounds better because you've probably read the japanese manga & watch DragonBallZ in japanese with english subtitles. And because you've seen it that way 1st your going to say its better. Like Donte, you'll refuse to claim anything improves over the original & that's fine.
To you maybe it's awesome but again I am so sorry but it sounds tremendously horrible.

I'm looking at this as if i've seen DragonBallZ for the very 1st time & i had both versions to pick, i'd pick the FUNimation version each time. It cleans up everything, dialog makes more sense, it's more dramatic it's more exciting.
If there was only Kai i would never have liked DragonBallZ.

I grew up watching the Funimation / Pioneer dub like every other America and I love it. In this situation I just liked the Kai version better that's all. :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Brolly always seemed as powerful as Perfect Cell to me. Maybe weaker...
I always thought that if instead of Gohan, Vegeta came to battle him the 2nd time he appeared, he would have wiped the floor with him.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Perfect Cell didn't have a difficult time against Goku. He was playing with him.

If you remember, only when Gohan went SSJ2 did Perfect Cell unleash his full power (which had the whole planet trembling). Before that, the Cell Juniors were enough to defeat even Vegeta with ease. Before he had his power level down, on purpose because he wanted to enjoy the battle between him and Goku. He thought that Goku was the best amongst the others and since Cell loved battle, he wanted to enjoy this "best" the more he could. If he went all berserk against him like Brolly did, he probably would have defeated Goku easily.

2nd, Cell took damage from Goku's Kamehameha, true. But in the end he came right back up. I think the fact that they felt some hope after seeing his body almost destroyed, and immediately after that, turning that this same hope into despair was Cell's goal. He had no chance of dying by this attack. So he allowed it to damage him instead of going into full defense/power mode.

Brolly was a brute who used full Strength at anything. His simple SSJ form was weak as hell. Goku was fending him off while not even being an SSJ himself.

Goku defeated Brolly after acquiring the remaining strength of the already beaten up Z Warriors. He, himself was beat up as well. From my point of view, "that" Goku is way weaker than any SSJ2 warrior we ever saw at battle. Excluding maybe adult Gohan who had stopped training and had thus become weaker than his teen self. (Vegeta said so after seeing Gohan battling that Demon King guy who was a servant of Babidi)

Remember in the 2nd Brolly movie, Gohan became SSJ2 for a few seconds and beat up Brolly really bad. However it seemed like he couldn't maintain the form and he collapsed before having a chance to finish Brolly. Then a combined Kamehameha defeated Brolly. Pardon me for saying so, but a Kamehameha of two kids (okay Trunks was using his own blast) and Gohan (along with the one by the imaginary Goku, in the same fashion as when Gohan destroyed Cell) didn't really seem as such power to me. Now keep that in mind.

And by keeping that in mind remember the epic battle of Goku vs Vegeta. Brolly had no chance at all.

I mean yeah, he never trained, and if he did he might have bested them all with ease, on that I agree. But since he never did, his power level remained the same. The Legendary Super Sayian mode than only he could use was pretty awesome since he made a guy who as a SSJ couldn't beat the "simple" Goky able to defeat everyone together without even trying. But that was only then. His power level remained the same. Goku's, Vegeta's, Gohan's etc surpassed him by a huge margin.

At least that's how it seems to me.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
From what I've gathered Broly's LSS form is the same as Ultra Super Saiyan Upgrade 3 (Picture Trunks with the huge muscles) but Broly maintains the fast speed. So a SS2,3, and 4 can defeat Broly.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
That's kinda how I view it too. Cell said to Trunks that if Trunks could actually HIT him, he could probably beat him after a long battle. However he was so slow that it was impossible.

It's why both Goku and Vegeta didn't go that far with it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Actually Goku went further, he knew the draw backs of ultimate Super Saiyan just as vegeta did.
However Goku knew how to & went beyond the bulky muscle transformation. Goku learned how to strengthen the Super Saiyan state & not burn energy during the transformation.
Gohan went fully ascended
Goku was Super Saiyan & 3quarters as Cell was.
Trunks was Super Saiyan & a half
Vegeta was Super Saiyan & a quarter

Cell & Goku were almost even, Cell was taking damage, running low on energy & they both were enjoying the fight.
Goku let Cell win because he was handed it off to his son Gohan.

The only ones having trouble with Cell jrs were everyone except Vegeta, Trunks

Well Broly's LSS state is just like Goku and Gohan's "Mastered Super Saiyan" state just stronger and faster. Not as strong and fast as a SS2 but more than enough to defeat any level of SS1.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I'm saying again, Cell looked like he had a tough time with Goku because he wasn't fighting seriously. He said so, and proved it after Gohan became SSJ2. Just because SSJ2 Gohan wiped the floor with him, doesn't mean that Cell was fighting against him using the same power that he used against Goku. When Cell showed everyone his true power, everyone (except Gohan who knew he was stronger, and Goku who had witnessed Gohan's true strength) they fell into despair. He seemed impossible to them - even after having seen his battle against Goku.

In the 2nd Brolly movie, Gohan went SSJ2 only for a few moments, in which he beat up Brolly and threw him into lava. Because Gohan had neglected his training and never really mastered the 2nd SSJ form, he lost consciousness shortly afterwards. All the other battle is while Gohan is still in his SSJ1 form, thus weaker than Brolly.

Seriously, beating up the Z warriors isn't all that surprising. The guy in the 9th movie (forget his name) wiped the floor with everyone just as easy as Brolly did. Yet SSJ2 teen Gohan literally destroyed him. Brolly's LSSJ mode is weaker than an SSJ2. At his current level at least. If he trained yeah, maybe he could become stronger without reaching the SSJ2 state himself, but he didn't.

Losing from a punch that combined the spare energy of half-dead warriors and Goku, doesn't make him all that powerful in my eyes.

Losing from a Kamehameha that came from two kids and an already weakened and untrained adult Gohan (who was weaker than his teen self) proves that as well.

The way you put it, it's as if you think he's stronger even from Mystic Gohan. To whom the elder said "I can't bring forth ALL of your hidden power as it will take forever. Also do not transform into a Super Sayian because just the impact of your power will destroy the planet.".

If we're talking about monsters, then the biggest one is Gohan. And he didn't even trained.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
So Broly The second coming, wasn't wiping the floor with a Super Saiyan 2 Gohan ? .

In the 2nd Brolly movie, Gohan went SSJ2 only for a few moments, in which he beat up Brolly and threw him into lava. Because Gohan had neglected his training and never really mastered the 2nd SSJ form, he lost consciousness shortly afterwards. All the other battle is while Gohan is still in his SSJ1 form, thus weaker than Brolly.

Seriously, beating up the Z warriors isn't all that surprising. The guy in the 9th movie (forget his name) wiped the floor with everyone just as easy as Brolly did. Yet SSJ2 teen Gohan literally destroyed him. Brolly's LSSJ mode is weaker than an SSJ2. At his current level at least. If he trained yeah, maybe he could become stronger without reaching the SSJ2 state himself, but he didn't.

Everyone says Gohan fought Broly in SS2 form In Broly Second Coming but I never bought that idea. The form doesn't have the distinct lighting bolts that a SS2 transformation normally has.
T to the Redgrave your thinking of Bojack.

Top Bottom