• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

Demon619

Deadman walking
Kai better ?
OMG NOT!
kai removes the filler, shortens power charging time redubbed the voices badly, turned mr popo into a smurf.

Blue Popo...

I could stand the removed Filler (Although I loved the Garlic Jr. saga for some reason) and some of the missing power up moments. Kinda makes me glad Kai was canceled before they reached the Buu saga (I would have most likely hated the voice they would have given to Buu's forms), a lot of the new voices sucked (Frieza's was the only one I could stand now)...

But the moment They Turn Mr.Popo Blue...that crossed the line...

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Kai Uncut is pretty decent, ive always preferred the uncut versions but losing the filler wasnt that bad.

When DB/Z/GT and Kai went to DVD and all the footage was Uncut I never went back to broadcast DB/Z/GT/Kai because the edits ruined the show for me. Also I'm a grown man, I don't want to watch edited DBZ lol. A lot of fans got used and loved DBZ's filler episodes so Kai removing the filler bothered folks at first but some later really liked Kai better. Personally I thought it was better. Less talking and more action.

Dark Drakan

Admin
When DB/Z/GT and Kai went to DVD and all the footage was Uncut I never went back to broadcast DB/Z/GT/Kai because the edits ruined the show for me. Also I'm a grown man, I don't want to watch edited DBZ lol. A lot of fans got used and loved DBZ's filler episodes so Kai removing the filler bothered folks at first but some later really liked Kai better. Personally I thought it was better. Less talking and more action.

Yeah and some of the filler felt kind of childish as a grown man and didnt really add anything to the plot.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yeah and some of the filler felt kind of childish as a grown man and didnt really add anything to the plot.

Yeah because the filler was just their to stall the show so Toriyama could write/draw the Manga. So the filler was just random stories. A lot were boring while some were fun like Son Goku and Piccolo learning how to drive. :)

Demon619

Deadman walking
Yes but it's a stall tactic so the manga can get further ahead.
Like Bleach, I heard the english subtitles has been cancelled as it was really close to the manga.

When it comes down to it, that is all filler is.

All filler are made up stories put in a anime so that the author of the manga can continue to create more of the story. Every manga induced anime does it at some point if the manga is still going on. Naruto, Bleach, One Piece, DBZ, every anime that is going on at the same time as the manga will have to do filler at some point.

Hell, there are few animes that don't wait for filler and make a new story, that is what happened with the first Fullmetal Alchemist anime and the Soul Eater anime. They didn't want to wait and make filler, so they made their own story instead of making filler in order to wait for the main story to be made...

As for Bleach. The manga has entered its final arc, and seeing how it is the end of the series, I think the company wants to wait until the manga is far enough to continue without coming to a point where they have to make more filler (it would suck for the final arc to be interrupted by a filler arc about halfway through).

In regards to DBZ filler, I think they had very interesting fillers in general. Sure they were random at times, but I'd rather have random filler then boring filler (and that Garlic Jr. Filler was actually fun seeing how it connected to the movie, something anime movies rarly do ever).

Dark Drakan

Admin
I didnt mind the filler at the time because it was necessary but after seeing every episode and them having no reason to stall anything after DBZ had been out for many years, I was glad to get to all the good stuff without the filler afterwards.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree filler is necessary at times.
I can understand why some don't care for it, i myself will watch anime fillers once & if it's an episode i don't like i'll avoid it during it's re-run but i will watch them at least once for i believe that as a fan of an anime i such except the good with the bad.

I don't think Fillers are annoying it just delays the actual story progression and futher explores the Main character's personality or daily life

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Yeah it was never a match. At the end of DBZ even Krillin can click his hands and shoot a beam to destroy one or two planets with ease. Never mind Goku.

Now, if we were talking about Superman Prime, maybe then we'd have a match!

Demon619

Deadman walking
Yeah...the only time Superman would be in a even fight with Goku is maybe if Goku was at his strength right before he turned Super Saiyan (when he was fighting Frieza's final form up until Frieza killed Krillin). But everything after that...yeah Superman is a deadman.

Although maybe Pre-Crisis Superman would have a better chance (After a comic storyline called Crisis, Superman was massively nerfed because before then he was nearly unbeatable and most of his fights either needed a weakness for Superman or increasingly more powerful foes).

Autumn

Welcome to my world....

It really is a teaser T_T

I also found this while browsing YouTube. It says that there is going to be a new DBZ series with Goku and his grandson (I'm guessing) but it looks a little confusing since it shows the rest of the characters being younger at the same time.

Top Bottom