• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Which makes no sense now as ultra instinct gt goku ,or god gt goku or blue

Would annihilate omega shenron and every villain in the show :ROFL:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'm becoming increasingly worried that this game might be lacking content. We're just 3 months away from release and they only revealed how many modes again? Story, custom battle and training?

What ifs (part of story mode apparently) might be interesting but the fact that they don't constitute one cohesive timeline but are just little independent scenarios is a bummer. They could have built something truly compelling with that for a DB game.

Other than what ifs (cause I'm sure as hell not playing the same trite ass DBZ story AGAIN, I'm picking alternative scenarios whenever I can), I'm not looking forward to... basically anything when it comes to this game besides the fact that it's a new Budokai Tenkaichi game, which is a type of gameplay I've sorely missed. XenoVerse isn't the same.

They better have some other modes they haven't shown yet. Cause for 70 euros, this is not it so far. I don't care how big the roster is. Especially considering I'm probably not gonna play a good 2 thirds of them characters.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I wouldn't worry too much, they never fully show their hand in dbz games before release. If xenoverse 2 is anything to go by then the game will have long term support and new content i'd say.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Other than what ifs (cause I'm sure as hell not playing the same trite ass DBZ story AGAIN, I'm picking alternative scenarios whenever I can), I'm not looking forward to... basically anything when it comes to this game besides the fact that it's a new Budokai Tenkaichi game, which is a type of gameplay I've sorely missed. XenoVerse isn't the same.
By the by, I've just had a thought and the fact that pre-ordering the game has a perk whereby you have Super Broly and Blue Gogeta unlocked from the start seems to imply to me that we'll have to go through the story mode as traditional in order to unlock all the characters again. :unsure:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Most dbz games require character unlocks based off story progression

So most likely to be the case, or a shortcut via microtransaction possibly too.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Just can't take this show seriously, all of em being small kids will nerf their power a lot after super.

Goku looks younger here than he was as a kid in gt even.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Just can't take this show seriously, all of em being small kids will nerf their power a lot after super.

That's actually what I'm hoping for. Maybe that'll be an excuse to stop with this boring trend that's been going on since about mid Z where fights usually just boil down to overuse of ki blasts, energy balls, beams, and overall whoever has the biggest ki d1ck wins.

There are so damn few fights in DBZ and DBS that I can call entertaining. I like it when characters actually throw hands. That's why I prefer OG DB's fights (and early Z's) much better overall. And Daima, well... Still torn on the "everyone is a kid" thing, but, they're giving Goku his staff back, and I'm hoping to god this is a sign that Toriyama decided to go back to the martial arts roots of the series. I wanna see striking and grappling prominent again. I wanna see actual techniques being used again, rather than all these transformations. I hoped, back then, that Ultra Instinct would ground Dragon Ball to its martial arts again, but they just treat it as yet another power boosting transformation for the most part, which is a big disappointment.

So Super ain't gonna give me what I want out of Dragon Ball's action side anyway even if they do continue that show. Might as well give Daima a shot. If it succeeds in returning the OG DB vibes, I'll be happy with it.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I agree with every word , but not with toddler like versions of every character.

I will never be able to take that seriously.Give us all that with their adult size versions, not this.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
The fact that I didn't immediately post it tells you all you need to know about how I felt.

Can't wait to play as those awesome characters - Cui and Saibaman! :ROFL:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I genuinely can't wait to play it, still wish we got a raging blast 3 too but i will take what i can get. I am so bored of xenoverse now.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
The fact that I didn't immediately post it tells you all you need to know about how I felt.

Can't wait to play as those awesome characters - Cui and Saibaman! :ROFL:

I mean, does it even matter? To me they're all the same. Cui, Saibaman, Nappa, Cell, Buu, it don't matter. Still the same trite ass characters we've been playing with in various games for decades.

I wish they'd focus on some of the new blood. Like Bergamo, everyone who tried him says he's awesome, show him off more. And I hope they put manga characters in there too. I wanna play Moro. Granolah, Gas. This overdependance on animated DB gets on my nerves.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
I mean, does it even matter? To me they're all the same. Cui, Saibaman, Nappa, Cell, Buu, it don't matter. Still the same trite ass characters we've been playing with in various games for decades.
It does matter for the simple fact that I am not you. Tenkaichi 3 was back in 2007 so I haven't been playing these characters "for decades" only to see that precious character slots were wasted on people like Cui and Saibaman, when I really don't want to shell out cash for DLC characters that people actually want to play and were in the previous games' rosters, so excuse me for criticising the game.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Don't think any dragonball game bas ever had a manga exclusive character, would be cool if they did add some but i doubt they will.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Tenkaichi 3 was back in 2007 so I haven't been playing these characters "for decades" only to see that precious character slots were wasted on people like Cui and Saibaman, when I really don't want to shell out cash for DLC characters that people actually want to play and were in the previous games' rosters

Huh? What are you talking about? I haven't been following news about the game much but which important character slots are being sacrificed for Cui and Saibaman? Did they announce, like, Cell will be DLC? The Z androids? Z Trunks? The Super Buu forms?

I'm guessing you're talking about GT?

I only know Super Hero and Daima characters being confirmed as DLC for now. And those are definitely not what I had in mind when I mentioned trite ass characters.

so excuse me for criticising the game.

LOL, this is the bit that gets me. As if I haven't been criticizing the game lately, including in that last comment. Just because my criticism is not the same as yours it doesn't mean it's not criticism. What? Criticize away, I ain't got no horse in this race. My hype for Sparking Zero has been slowly but surely going down, they haven't been showing anything that really excites me.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Instead of showing us stuff we expect to see, how about ye show us something new

Or release it earlier so there is less of a wait

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Instead of showing us stuff we expect to see, how about ye show us something new

Or release it earlier so there is less of a wait

That's exactly what I was saying. Yeah ok, Goku Vegeta Gohan Frieza Cell Buu, no one was ever doubting the usual suspects would be in the game.

It's been years and years and years since BT3, my hype is fairly flat cause I've just been seeing characters and gameplay that I've seen already ever since I was a kid.

Imo they should have been done with the trite stuff pretty soon and focused the rest of the marketing till release on new stuff.

Showcase the Super characters more. Hell, break this annoying tendency of ignoring the manga and only relying on animated Dragon Ball content to adapt to game format. I wanna play as Moro and Granolah so bad. Show us some interesting, new game modes.

I can't get more than mildly excited for this game because I know the reason they haven't done that is because they most likely DON'T have the manga characters (not even planned as DLC). Or new innovative modes. I've come to set my expectations down to SZ just being a Budokai Tenkaichi 3 remake or something like that, with modern online functionality.

Top Bottom