• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
(Sorry if i'm bumping such an old thread but i just finished watching battle of gods so i felt like throwing my 2 cents in without creating a new thread)
dragon-ball-z-battle-of-gods-poster-header.jpg

-----------------------------
Animation (7/10)
-----------------------------
It has decent animation even if its 100% CGI its still pretty faithful to artwork of the TV show though it could've used a more richer color palette as opposed to the one movie was using.

I felt like the fighting was just underwhelming especially for someone stronger than SSJ3 goku its not even on-par with some of DBZ's filler fighting IMO fights are just spontaneous and dull none of old style hard-hitting.

It wasn't bad but i personally would have preferred Yo son goku&friend's style of artwork(especially the backgrounds which are 3d)
---------------------------------
Soundtrack (7/10)
---------------------------------
It was pretty well done for the most of the movie but then again it isn't really much of a factor because the whole movie isn't a big fight its more of a nostalgia trip though i'd expect to see some good metal/rock OST in the dubbing.
-----------------
Story (6/10) (SPOILERS!)
----------------
While its true that DBZ has never been good in the story department this movie just feels unfocused for ex we have this huge build up for bills as the new strong enemy and then the focus is suddenly shifted to pilaf and others goofing around that just kinda breaks the plot because the whole movie is more or less like that

I was skeptical about the story but after watching it i'm kinda disappointed that i was correct many many contradictions&inconsistencies aside the story just isn't good its just so simple i can summarize it like this :-

"Bills awakens defeats SSJ3 goku heads to earth defeats every Z fighter,goku comes negotiates with bills and then with deux ex machina he gets SSJGod and then fights bills except this time he doesn't win and makes friends with bills"

Well in theory its just typical DBZ formula and it shouldn't be a problem but when you look at other DBZ movies you'll see how well focused they are from a story standpoint BOG doesn't seem to realize what it wants to be a lighthearted throwback to DBZ (like son goku&friends) or be a solid return to DBZ after 20 years

It swings back&forth between serious and plain silly,fights are few and far between (for most of the time until the very end where goku fights bills)stuff like bills destroying earth for pudding just comes off as distracting and you can't even take billis seriously because of that nature making the whole movie just kind of a "Meh" rather than a thrilling premise you get a goofy premise for such an overpowered enemy.

There are 2 main problems i have with the story it adds a new completely rushed super saiyan level and it adds supposedly 7 new universes and 12 more Gods to the canon.... that's just WTF right there for me and all of this come right before the credits.
----------------------
Conclusion (7/10)
-------------------------
In the end it isn't bad... it just isn't the big comeback of DBZ i was expecting for instead its just another lighthearted entry like son goku&friends except this time you have strong enemies.

So as a DBZ fan i don't know what to make of this movie i kinda like it for its silliness and return of older characters but other than that i don't really think this movie is really worth watching unless its dubbed with some sweet metal music.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Now Goku needed the ki from others to go SuperSaiyanGod right, so each time he absorbs ki from others in DragonBallZ movies wouldn't his transformation be a false SuperSaiyanGod state ?
Its deus ex machina..

*Spoilers* basically its a legend of "Super saiyan God" there was a pure hearted saiyan who vanished ages ago and by time saiyans turned evil so the SSJGod never appeared again.

and now all they need is a 6 "Pure hearted" saiyans to hold hands like merry go round bullcrap and BOOM you're SSjgod ! that's just so laaaame.
Goku did nothing to earn this form all he did was hold hands like a little girl.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah, after all the training involved in the previous super saiyan forms, you'd think they'd put more effort in that one.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I agree they should've put more into but in DragonBallZ there's no other pure hearted character other than Goku.
He wouldn't be corrupted by evil, he doesn't kill out of hatred or petty reasons. So he's perfect for it.
No that's not it they need 5 more pure hearted saiyans and supposedly Vegeta is a "pure hearted" saiyan.. and even unborn fetuses count.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
On DBGT:-
images

Like holy crap ! i just found this blog/wiki which lists TONS of inconsistencies in GT.. and i never really even thought about them earlier.

And there's also one for DBZ&Dragonball.. i don't even.. its just a cartoon but still man does it have such insane inconsistencies.

Blade8513

I definitely will be getting that game, but I really want a budokai tenkaichi 4 so it pretty much has every single character from db/z/gt including bills from battle of the gods, but if its called the battle of z im assuming no GT characters will be making an appearance in that game.

Placido

Yliaster
Wow a DBZ thread here? Neat! DBZ is my favorite anime, I've watched it since I was real little.My fandom for it led me to get a DBZ tattoo. >_<

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
sounds cool ha ive a tattoo myself its of an open engine though and its on my upper back i got it when i finished my apprenteship 7 years ago

Placido

Yliaster
I have 2 tattoos, one is the afore mentioned Perfect Cell and the other is Pyramid Head from Silent Hill . Both of them are located on the inner part of my forearms.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
sweet i cant get one on my left forearm as ive a mssive scar there from a grinder accident but on my right arm i plan to get something at some stage

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I have no tattoos because I dread needles. I don't know what to say... what if General Riddo turned Son Kun into a metal being like himself?!

Top Bottom