• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

All about Dragon Ball/Z/GT/Super

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
In ALL honesty IF kai is the accurate dialog from the manga, then the funimation english dubbed original makes me happy i never read the DragonBallZ manga
Well it is a the most accurate adaptation of Japanese version of DBZ .. that's all

DBZ's original version was "Americanized" adding one liners and quotes like :-

"Pop goes the weasel" "Adios majin buu!" "MY aim is as GOOD AS EVER! Soo good to be BACK!" with personalized voices making it charming&entertaining whereas the original version was just serious all the time.

For example Vegeta's wisecracks are always hilarious in DBZ dub.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'm sorry but to me the funimation kai dialog sounded tacky, cheesy, so unfitting, half of it didn't make sense while the other half was ridiculous.
LOL i hear the exact same thing from Kai fans they complain that DBZ's dialogs are cheesy,out of place and unfitting and they also say that Voice actors were not experienced so their voice acting sucks

I personally think Kai just takes itself wayy to much seriously IMO and the curses are just throw in there to just "Sound cool"

like vegeta saying "Damn" for like 10 times and goku saying "bast@rd" 14 times just because its "uncut" dvd personally i prefer the oddball/personified voices of older DBZ
The funimation kai dialog is like something that sounds great in your mind but comes out poorly written without Proofreading it.
It was perfectly translated from Japanese to english it might not really sit well for people who're accustomed to the DBZ's older dubbing style

And i kinda appreciate that not many dubbing companies actually take this much effort to restore the original script.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I liked Multiverse in the beginning but now its showing its "fan fiction" mindset and I'm getting bored of it. I liked Toyable's DBAF much better. Xicor for the win!

I liked Dragon Ball Evolution. (Dodges sh@t storm)

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I really love the synopsis DB:Online (Its written by Akira so i'd say its canon)
DragonBallOnline_PC_Divers_001.jpg

Meanwhile, on Earth, many Humans have taken up advanced martial arts; some have trained under Krillin's revived New Turtle School, Tien Shinhan's re-established New Crane School, and Goten and Trunks' new Kikoukenjutsu Sword School; schools made popular due to Gohan's book, which explained ki control and martial arts to the public. King Kai also taught the populous of Earth (Humans and Namekians) the Kaio-ken technique, and Majins have managed to mimic it. Also, what appear to be Yardrat have appeared in the Southern Galaxy, and most recently, a gulf formed in time.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I liked Multiverse in the beginning but now its showing its "fan fiction" mindset and I'm getting bored of it.
(Dodges sh@t storm)

I agree there.

The concept is great, and it was great at the beginning, but as soon as it got to the broly vs Vegito fight that is where the "true fanfiction" mindset came in if you ask me.

- SPOILERS AHEAD -

The guy admitted he is a huge Broly fan and purposedly nerfed him to the high heavens to this completely unbeatable guy that it took SSJ3 Vegito just to "beat" him, and even then he was not "beaten" but was simply blown out of the galaxy or some ****.

Its been downhill every since then in my opinion.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I
The guy admitted he is a huge Broly fan and purposefully nerfed him to the high heavens to this completely unbeatable guy that it took SSJ3 Vegito just to "beat" him, and even then he was not "beaten" but was simply blown out of the galaxy or some ****
LMAO it took SSJ3 vegito ?? SSj2 goku would've owned broly big time.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
LMAO it took SSJ3 vegito ?? SSj2 goku would've owned broly big time.

I know and agree.

A weakened SSJ2 Gohan was able to land a blow on him in the second movie that made Broly release him from a hold.

So a SSJ2 Goku would definitely be able to handle Broly in my opinion.

SSJ3 Goku would be overkill.

And Vegito should be able to own Broly even without turning SSJ.

THats why I said the "fanfiction" really showed during that fight, before it was something that was believable to the canon, but he messed it up by letting his fanboy side get the best of him in that fight.

And I feel that it will continue since Broly - SPOILER ALERT - Broly is still being hinted at returning and coming back.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
A weakened SSJ2 Gohan was able to land a blow on him in the second movie that made Broly release him from a hold.
I still feel that gohan really had it in the bag if he got angry like he always used to get broly only had an upper hand because of the Zenkai boost and gohan was pathetically weak during the buu saga.
So a SSJ2 Goku would definitely be able to handle Broly in my opinion.
I've watched Goku vs Majin vegeta like 50 times and i can sure say that SSJ2 goku can totally annihilate Broly.
Broly is still being hinted at returning and coming back.
LOL now it feels like DC comics.. they can't keep the villains dead for more than a week.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i loved em all standouts for me were dragonball goku vs jackie chun tien nd piccolo junior and senior in dbz goku vs frieza the entire majin buu saga esp goku vs majin vegeta and goku goin ssj3 and in gt id have to go with the baby and evil shenrons fights

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

I don't care what fans have to say about GT, but I really do like some of the characters/transformations and outfits from GT such as SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Gogeta,Omega Shenron, Baby Vegeta, and Super 17.

So if this game doesn't have any GT characters its going to be a letdown for me...

And not really a fan of the SSJG form, would much rather have the SSJ4 form anyday.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't care what fans have to say about GT, but I really do like some of the characters/transformations and outfits from GT such as SSJ4 Goku, SSJ4 Gogeta,Omega Shenron, Baby Vegeta, and Super 17.
Actually i don't care about either i just want a game made by new devs for years and years only Dimps or Spike was making DBZ games leaving us with only Budokai&tenkaichi styled games.

Now we have a totally new dev team making a new DBZ game i hope they include elements of RPG and free roam.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
new game looks awesome and has co-op play woohoo fighting environments look much bigger too i cant wait for it

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Actually i don't care about either i just want a game made by new devs for years and years only Dimps or Spike was making DBZ games leaving us with only Budokai&tenkaichi styled games.

Now we have a totally new dev team making a new DBZ game i hope they include elements of RPG and free roam.

I actually preferred the gameplay of tenkaichi series vs any other DBZ game.

It gave you more freedom in battle.

I would love to see something akin to that only expanded much more so, Ultimate Tenkachi failed to live up to its tenkaichi name if you ask me.

And yea, a free roam story mode would be great, I remember something similar appearing in previous DBZ games but it was only a VERY small scale of being only able to fly around a small world and land in certain spots.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I actually preferred the gameplay of tenkaichi series vs any other DBZ game.
I know but i think we already have enough fighting games already. i want to play RPG's based on DBZ and there only a handful of them on ds.
Ultimate Tenkachi failed to live up to its tenkaichi name if you ask me
But it tried something new alas it failed.
And yea, a free roam story mode would be great, I remember something similar appearing in previous DBZ games but it was only a VERY small scale of being only able to fly around a small world and land in certain spots.
that is because the game was 99% just 1 on 1 fighting and we need to move out of that fraction and make it even bigger !

They should just remove all the existing story and just make a game which tells us a whole new story with RPG elements and exploring the universe.

Top Bottom