• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Achievement list

majeh116

ah dang i guess there will be no more actual weapons
I guess it makes switching between them easier but still
sigh...
I still want at least one more weapon to the angel and demon alignments
Id personally be content with up being guns and down being human melee weapons since we have one human weapon so u can have force edge/sparda as your second human weapon

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I for one do not consider this site my home. :p But it is disconcerting to be a long time member and then suddenly not be able to say anything without feeling like I'm walking on eggshells because I don't like DmC.

Although, as much as I dislike what I've been seen of the game, the reboot has lead some great people to this site (you know who you are), and that makes the reboot existing in my eyes. I mean, have you guys seen some of Chocoghost's sigs? :w00t:

Yeah I own one of choco signatures but this not makes me automatically DmC supporter, Im overall DMC fan.

Reactions: Meg

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
I for one do not consider this site my home. :p But it is disconcerting to be a long time member and then suddenly not be able to say anything without feeling like I'm walking on eggshells because I don't like DmC.

Although, as much as I dislike what I've been seen of the game, the reboot has lead some great people to this site (you know who you are), and that makes the reboot existing justified in my eyes. I mean, have you guys seen some of Chocoghost's sigs? :w00t:
Thank you very much Meg. :)

Reactions: Meg

berto

I Saw the Devil
That's been the mood for a long while. The problem is when people get mad that you don't like it, it's like someone just told them that they'll shot their family if they don't convince you otherwise and by not liking it you are getting their family killed. It get so personal and agressive, as though you just insulted them. You can't say you don't like it or why or you get assulted by who knows who or why.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Don't all the anti-DmC fans outnumber us greatly? I figured it was us who were up against the ropes...

Every time there's a new trailer, there's always more dislikes than there is likes.

Well, I like the game, but it doesn't mean I like everything about it. Even if there were a few things that were missing from the overall package, there are other games that give me almost everything I would want out of a game anyway, like Darksiders II. So, in the end, it doesn't make that much of a difference to me. *shrugs* :/

It's the way that the people who dislike the game present themselves. Even the most innocuous of arguments seems to have a hint of malice behind it.
Actually no, look up the earliest DmC trailers. Many of them still have comments pouring in. Now that's silly, why would people still comment negative things about a trailer that came out almost 3 years ago? It's because people just want top comment. The laity want to feel accepted by the "hardcore" community by hating on this game. I would also like to add that a lot of it is people who have made multiple accounts just to hate more and thumb up their own videos. Trust me, I've done tons of research on this and have literally written essays on the topic of hating DmC for my Psychology class.

Azurel

Actually no, look up the earliest DmC trailers. Many of them still have comments pouring in. Now that's silly, why would people still comment negative things about a trailer that came out almost 3 years ago? It's because people just want top comment. The laity want to feel accepted by the "hardcore" community by hating on this game. I would also like to add that a lot of it is people who have made multiple accounts just to hate more and thumb up their own videos. Trust me, I've done tons of research on this and have literally written essays on the topic of hating DmC for my Psychology class.

That's pretty awesome on your part. And I'm glad to hear that there aren't as many haters out there as I thought there might be. Mind if I read one of your essays? Or, perhaps even all of them? It's a pretty personal favor to ask, but I'm genuinely interested.

Well, I'm gonna call it a night.

Domenic93

I feel like this list is incomplete because if you look at it there is no achievement for beating Bob Barbas, Lillith, or Poison. There's also no Bloody Palace achievement and Ninja Theory has heavily hinted at a Bloody Palace. There's also no achievement for unlocking all bonus art or anything like that. perhaps there will be more.
I did the math for the achievements, the total number of points must be 1,000. it reaches it there is a margin of error because I was using the calculator on my computer and I got 1010. but yeah if the total points is less 1,000 then there are secret achievements,

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I did the math for the achievements, the total number of points must be 1,000. it reaches it there is a margin of error because I was using the calculator on my computer and I got 1010. but yeah if the total points is less 1,000 then there are secret achievements,
The maximum gamerscore allowed for a game is 2000.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

Do you happen to make mention in your essays that many of those who argue against the game are those who hold their skill of past DMC games up like it makes them better than everyone else.

There's also the fact that the side who doesn't like something is always more vocal than the one that does. The cynics are always the loudest, while everyone else is just happy doing whatever else, and doesn't feel the need to counteract downvoted videos and lopsided, uninformed arguments. I've seen a lot of the same people complaining on any new DmC video that gets released, and it really shows that the "anti-DmC" crowd doesn't have a lot else to do except continuously seek out content for something they hate :s

There's a lot of extremely contrived bullshit, too :/
-----------------
On-topic! I'm a bit wary of that achievement list, but that's just how I am with anything that I don't see from the developers themselves. I'm still skeptical of the November 20th demo release, because my buddy heard straight from the developers at the GameStop conference that it wasn't until December. I'm hopeful for Nov 20th, though :p

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
Do you happen to make mention in your essays that many of those who argue against the game are those who hold their skill of past DMC games up like it makes them better than everyone else.

There's also the fact that the side who doesn't like something is always more vocal than the one that does. The cynics are always the loudest, while everyone else is just happy doing whatever else, and doesn't feel the need to counteract downvoted videos and lopsided, uninformed arguments. I've seen a lot of the same people complaining on any new DmC video that gets released, and it really shows that the "anti-DmC" crowd doesn't have a lot else to do except continuously seek out content for something they hate :s

There's a lot of extremely contrived bullshit, too :/
-----------------
On-topic! I'm a bit wary of that achievement list, but that's just how I am with anything that I don't see from the developers themselves. I'm still skeptical of the November 20th demo release, because my buddy heard straight from the developers at the GameStop conference that it wasn't until December. I'm hopeful for Nov 20th, though :p

I totally agree with you man, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the saying that I believe best suits this predicament, but seeing as NT will not magically change this game to suit the haters' needs at this point in time, it's just pointless hating.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I totally agree with you man, "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" is the saying that I believe best suits this predicament, but seeing as NT will not magically change this game to suit the haters' needs at this point in time, it's just pointless hating.

It's getting to a point where many are falling back on tired nit-picky excuses, because a lot of the time they've been proven wrong in their other arguments. I had a guy argue with me that DmC has no depth, and he knows because he played the demo. The out-dated showfloor demo from several builds ago...even citing that there weren't "many jump cancels" when there has already been a handful of different ones shown (Helm Breaker to Helm Breaker, Helm Breaker to Rake, Shotgun cancels, etc), and we sorta need to whole game, with all the weapons and skills, in order to really know the actual "depth" of the whole thing :/ There was another thing I read from Greg Moore's twitter where someone flat-out commented on a DmC Preview that DMC was always about trying to through scrapes without getting hurt, and was "never meant to be fun." And accessibility being a bad thing :/
A6-iP4uCUAAN4PS.jpg

In the end it all comes down to hubris and ego. The people who put so much stock in their DMC skills feel that their merits are threatened because DmC is different and accessible to a wider audience. It's as if their entire being is devalued because the "bar has been lowered."

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
It's getting to a point where many are falling back on tired nit-picky excuses, because a lot of the time they've been proven wrong in their other arguments. I had a guy argue with me that DmC has no depth, and he knows because he played the demo. The out-dated showfloor demo from several builds ago...even citing that there weren't "many jump cancels" when there has already been a handful of different ones shown (Helm Breaker to Helm Breaker, Helm Breaker to Rake, Shotgun cancels, etc), and we sorta need to whole game, with all the weapons and skills, in order to really know the actual "depth" of the whole thing :/ There was another thing I read from Greg Moore's twitter where someone flat-out commented on a DmC Preview that DMC was always about trying to through scrapes without getting hurt, and was "never meant to be fun." And accessibility being a bad thing :/
A6-iP4uCUAAN4PS.jpg

In the end it all comes down to hubris and ego. The people who put so much stock in their DMC skills feel that their merits are threatened because DmC is different and accessible to a wider audience. It's as if their entire being is devalued because the "bar has been lowered."
You have summed it up pretty well, I can't say all people feel this way but I feel like this is how some of them feel.
I can't believe that guy said that DMC was never supposed to be fun, what we be the point of learning such a complex combat system if it wasn't fun?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You have summed it up pretty well, I can't say all people feel this way but I feel like this is how some of them feel.
I can't believe that guy said that DMC was never supposed to be fun, what we be the point of learning such a complex combat system if it wasn't fun?

I dunno. It's a very elitist way to think. It's thought processes like that which can build up a game, but also completely ruin the experience for many. It's great when people learn all the little aspects of a game, but to say a form of entertainment isn't inherently about having fun is putting too much emphasis on the expanded playset, and excluding the over appeal of a game, especially personal appeal :s

It's like saying no one is allowed to have fun playing Street Fighter, Tekken, or BlazBlue unless they're within a certain ranking percentile. It's that same attitude that spills over into people saying "unless you've completed DMC3 DMD with all S ranks, you're not a true fan." That's a little too much zeal for me :/

berto

I Saw the Devil
The original DMC was a form of chalange from the makers to the players. (Bayonetta was the same)

However, if the games weren't fun to beggin with this wouldn't be an issue because no one would play them they would stop making sequels. While they were chalenging the overall apeal came from feeling like a bad ass while kicking ass (and you can't tell me that ain't fun). These games were genre defining and they were so unacsessible why are there so many fans, including the people making it over at NT, who've mentioned more than once that they were are, infact, huge fans of the game. If they don't find it accesible why are they fans? Why are so many people fans? Doesn't anaccesible imply that the game repels audiences?

I understand that they are trying to say that games lack univesal appeal and that they are hard but I don't agree that they are no fun and are made to be no fun. THat is BS and if DmC is indeed build to have the DMC DNA and they worked truely hard to keep it intact then they are going at it the wrong way, aren't they? If the thing that makes DMC unaccesible is the combat then why is are they trying so hard to keep the combat, out of all the things in DMC, the same? Isn't one of their key phraces that it feels like a DMC game when it's on your hands? So it feels no fun?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Accessibility is an aside from whether a game is fun or not, really. A game could have some of the greatest concepts, but be insanely difficult to get into (lacking accessibility) though wonky controls or even bad conveyance, which isn't the right kind of difficulty you want. Some of what they say is more accessible with DmC is its revamped control scheme, which prevents some of the convoluted mechanics, making them more simplistic for simplicity's sake. Like Hightime for example; the classic Hightime wasn't necessarily difficult to do, but it was still three different inputs, while DmC was able to streamline that into one input key. Hell that's why after DMC1 they didn't require you to hold R1 just to shoot - simplicity. That's why weapon switching was made instantaneous after DMC1's Devil Arm swapping animation that broke game flow - simplicity. Ninja Theory is following suit with DmC's accessibility, allowing more people to get into it, and where it then pulls them further down the chaotic rabbit hole that DMC's dizzying combat is. That's why DmC's controls have all combo attacks for ground and air on one key, and vertical attacks on another - simplicity.

Making something more simplistic because it's possible, and makes the game more accessible shouldn't ever really be seen as a bad thing, unless the rest of the game doesn't follow a similar trend to make everything still relevant based on those changes. There's an EgoRaptor Sequelitis that actually explains what I'm talking about, how all the items in Castlevania served a purpose, giving you different angles of attack. In Super Castlevania IV, they let you attack in different angles with just the whip, which rendered the items pretty much useless. The game was still great, but the item system was there just to remain similar to what people remembered, instead of also expanding like the regular attacks did. The same can be applied to what's happening in DmC - people see the changes made, but are still thinking of how those changes work in the older DMCs, when they should be thinking about how that changes or opens up the rest of the game in other ways. DmC doesn't have a Style system because NT refined the finer parts of each Style within the regular control scheme. DmC doesn't have a Hard Lock because they reworked the controls to a point where it wasn't entirely necessary.

Difficulty should be in the challenge of the game itself, like DMC is, and not in trying to master controls that could easily be better. To do a lot of the absurd-level stuff in DMC3 and 4, people have completely changed their control scheme. They are making the game more accessible to them by changing their control scheme. Once it's more accessible to them, they can focus more on tackling the game's ball-crushing difficulties. Itsuno has now even said they wanted to get rid of Hard Lock back in DMC3, possibly because it was an old holdover from DMC's RE roots, and was less compatible with the type of control they wanted for the series.

The really odd thing about what that guy says in the image, that "DMC is about honing your skills and trying to come out of a fight with as little damage as possible, not to have 'fun,'" is that honing your skills is fun, blazing through enemies with little to no damage because of those honed skills is fun. Those are harrying, heart-pounding moments full of excitement. What other reason is there to even bother doing it, if not because it's fun and exciting...? If you're not doing it because it's fun...then it just seems like a chore to me >.>

Woah, damn. Sorry for the long post :x

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
@TWOxACROSS: You hit the nail on the head my friend. Just because Ninja Theory is making the control scheme more simplistic and the combat more accessible doesn't mean that you can't go into complex difficult combat. In fact, because the control scheme is more simplistic I wouldn't be surprised to see even more crazy combat and combos in the game than previous entries.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ah you see, but that's apparently ruffling a lot of DMC pros' feathers, because if more people are able to get a grasp of the controls and some (hopefully) deeper, complex gameplay, it means they won't be seen nearly as "pro." Granted, that's just one of the complaints, but it's a silly complaint nonetheless :p

I couldn't care less for other peoples' hubris, but I'm excited to see if there's anything unique we'll find with DmC, and if sales are good it'll keep the franchise going in a much better state. Otherwise it could end up like Bayonetta 2, funded into exclusivity because it's only popular as a cult hit, with little mainstream appeal to a wider audience.

I'm still very interested to see what the Aquila weapon is like, and I really just wanna get my hands on the Osiris - I love scythes, and Osiris' moveset is just so graceful :D

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Ah you see, but that's apparently ruffling a lot of DMC pros' feathers, because if more people are able to get a grasp of the controls and some (hopefully) deeper, complex gameplay, it means they won't be seen nearly as "pro." Granted, that's just one of the complaints, but it's a silly complaint nonetheless :p

I couldn't care less for other peoples' hubris, but I'm excited to see if there's anything unique we'll find with DmC, and if sales are good it'll keep the franchise going in a much better state. Otherwise it could end up like Bayonetta 2, funded into exclusivity because it's only popular as a cult hit, with little mainstream appeal to a wider audience.

I'm still very interested to see what the Aquila weapon is like, and I really just wanna get my hands on the Osiris - I love scythes, and Osiris' moveset is just so graceful :D
I have to agree. I think that's what it really comes down to in alot of people's case. I understand that some people just don't like the game such as Meg and SpawnShooter and they are very respectful in their reasoning, hell they even wish us Pro DmC fans to enjoy the game. But I feel like alot of people are just afraid that people will get good at the game because it's more accessible and therefore newcomers may exceed their skills.
And I am also super excited to see the Aquila weapon. :)

Top Bottom