• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A more sexual ending?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Because that actually ruins it for original fans in the first place. Other part already have DmC, they should be satisfied with that.
Oh, come on! We already have Gloria's labia majora , boobs physics, sexual content in manga and so, now "Love for sale" theme too, so why wouldn't women got their share of visual pleasure too? If DMC was so explicit as DmC, it would be a hentai.Sure original series have a lot of ...things...passing under the radar.
The only real difference in DmC it was everything was shown on screen.DMC has harder stuff hidden under their childish approach.

PS:
I've been thinking about sexual themes in original DMC and these came to my mind ( this is a "your mile may vary"situation):
  1. Pedophilia
  2. Rape
  3. Prostitution
  4. Nudity
  5. Oedipus complex
  6. Lesbianism
  7. Sexual harassment
  8. Incest
  9. Incest simulation
  10. Sexual innuendos
  11. Fetishism
So male nudity is quite classy if compared to this, so a guy in speedos is always welcome.

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Oh, come on! We already have Gloria's labia majora , boobs physics, sexual content in manga and so, now "Love for sale" theme too, so why wouldn't women got their share of visual pleasure too? If DMC was so explicit as DmC, it would be a hentai.Sure original series have a lot of ...things...passing under the radar.
The only real difference in DmC it was everything was shown on screen.DMC has harder stuff hidden under their childish approach..
Because you know it's difference between being classy and being vulgar. You don't need any more character depth in Guardians of the Galaxy, because they have enough of it, without showing some disgusting stuff like explicit torture, experimentation and mass slaughter, including children. DmC uses vulgarity as part of it's style and it should remain where it is. If you want more of it, I think you need to look for another franchise or wait for DmC2.
PS:
I've been thinking about sexual themes in original DMC and these came to my mind ( this is a "your mile may vary"situation):
  1. Pedophilia
  2. Rape
  3. Prostitution
  4. Nudity
  5. Oedipus complex
  6. Lesbianism
  7. Sexual harassment
  8. Incest
  9. Incest simulation
  10. Sexual innuendos
  11. Fetishism
So male nudity is quite classy if compared to this, so a guy in speedos is always welcome.
wonder how you come up with half of them :meh:

outoftheblue

@Gel I don´t think DMC5 should be expected to be grittier and more explicit. Could it be? Everything is possible, but I don´t see where this new formula extended to every game is coming from. Has there been any anouncment on the matter?
The nudity and sexual content warning could very easly be only a way of avoiding problems after the game release, concerning just the Gloria and Lady issue commented before. Again, could it be something else...maybe, but I don´t see it fitting the series.

@Viper I totally agree with you, but we had some girl fan service in DMC3. Coatless Dante and Vergil. Would I enjoy the James Bond reference type of material you mentioned? Absolutly.
What I know I don´t want to see in DMC is anything near DmC. Not that I would faint in my advanced age, it just doesn´t seem right for me to be in the original series...And if it had to be, I wouldn´t trust Capcom with it, sorry.

Viper

Premium
Because you know it's difference between being classy and being vulgar. You don't need any more character depth in Guardians of the Galaxy, because they have enough of it, without showing some disgusting stuff like explicit torture, experimentation and mass slaughter, including children. DmC uses vulgarity as part of it's style and it should remain where it is. If you want more of it, I think you need to look for another franchise or wait for DmC2.
But we don't want vulgarity, you can have romantically enticing images featuring men that are made tastefully. I point you again to my example of Dante getting out of sea. He would be wearing speedos, a standard clothing item for men at beach in summer, so there would technically be no nudity in need of warning.

Also, stop telling me and other people to switch to DmC just because your imagination is running too wild at what they are saying to you, I ****ing hate DmC's approach to certain subjects, so it irks me when you push me and my opinion that way.

Capcom will never really put actual on-screen sex or penis revealed to unsuspecting woman in original series, that is not the series' style. All I want is balance, if I have to look at Rusalkas smooching each other and Dante praising their butts, then surely I can have something that would make me whistle, but done tastefully, god forbid heterosexual men feel uncomfortable.

@outoftheblue
Praise you for approaching this calmly. I don't actually want oversexualization of the series, that is just fanboys panicking. The most I want is what you pointed out we already got, Dante and Vergil giving us look at their torso. Considering how sexualized female characters are, I just need a little more than Dante with no shirt in one game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
But we don't want vulgarity, you can have romantically enticing images featuring men that are made tastefully. I point you again to my example of Dante getting out of sea. He would be wearing speedos, a standard clothing item for men at beach in summer, so there would technically be no nudity in need of warning.

Also, stop telling me and other people to switch to DmC just because your imagination is running too wild at what they are saying to you, I ****ing hate DmC's approach to certain subjects, so it irks me when you push me and my opinion that way.

Capcom will never really put actual on-screen sex or penis revealed to unsuspecting woman in original series, that is not the series' style. All I want is balance, if I have to look at Rusalkas smooching each other and Dante praising their butts, then surely I can have something that would make me whistle, but done tastefully, god forbid heterosexual men feel uncomfortable.
Wait. My imagination running to wild? I just responded to Gel about opinion that DMC may/should include pedophilia, rape, fetishism and god knows what else. So yeah, I still stand by my opinion that topics like this shouldn't be remotely in DMC games and rather suit DmC with it's vulgarity.
And I don't mean what DMC3 or 4 done. I don't mean half-naked men or other fan-service. Instead I meant that explicit sex scenes shouldn't be in DMC (please no more Mundus sex :vomit:)

Viper

Premium
Wait. My imagination running to wild? I just responded to Gel about opinion that DMC may/should include pedophilia, rape, fetishism and god knows what else. So yeah, I still stand by my opinion that topics like this shouldn't be remotely in DMC games and rather suit DmC with it's vulgarity.
And I don't mean what DMC3 or 4 done. I don't mean half-naked men or other fan-service. Instead I meant that explicit sex scenes shouldn't be in DMC (please no more Mundus sex :vomit:)
Dude, that wasn't a list of things she wants, that was a list of things there already are. Some are a stretch or hidden more cleverly, but they are still there.
Tell me, how did you feel about 12 year old Alice trying to seduce adult men?
About Enzo recruiting women for strip club and brothel?
About closeup of Gloria's naked genitals?
About Rusalka lesbians seducing Dante?

Gel doesn't want any explicit stuff either, but with things pointing more and more that Nero's origin might get explained through Vergil taking a pause from trip to get some quick lay, she was just exploring possibilities that they are turning to more mature themes. And I continued that thought with the idea they might make it fair to fangirls this time around, that all of a sudden was insult to series or something.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Gel doesn't want any explicit stuff either, but with things pointing more and more that Nero's origin might get explained through Vergil taking a pause from trip to get some quick lay, she was just exploring possibilities that they are turning to more mature themes. And I continued that thought with the idea they might make it fair to fangirls this time around, that all of a sudden was insult to series or something.
Actually pedophilia works other way. IT's like if Dante was seducing Alice :/ (I can continue with saying that Rusalkas a) played role of strippers b) were essentially same being. Also rape? Seriously?) but it's not about it. And no offence, but they already tried with "mature" themes. And we all know how it ended. I really dunno what else there need to be there to be for more sexualised. Unless Dante suddenly starts to act like male counterpart of Bayonetta, which he already does to certain amount, I have hard time imagining what else is supposed to be on screen :/

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I rather we come into the scene as it just begins or after it ends and we see Vergil get up, put his coat back on and leave.

its just comes down to whether you think these themes should be tackled in this franchise or whether or not you trust the creative team to pull it off.

i'm more concerned with the latter because its not really what the story is but more how you tell it that matters.

Viper

Premium
Actually pedophilia works other way. IT's like if Dante was seducing Alice :/ (I can continue with saying that Rusalkas a) played role of strippers b) were essentially same being. Also rape? Seriously?) but it's not about it. And no offence, but they already tried with "mature" themes. And we all know how it ended. I really dunno what else there need to be there to be for more sexualised. Unless Dante suddenly starts to act like male counterpart of Bayonetta, which he already does to certain amount, I have hard time imagining what else is supposed to be on screen :/
Rusalkas were playing out the lesbian fetish. You don't see the frog until ladies are done with their act. I didn't say anything about rape, tbh I'm not sure for which reason that got included.

*sigh* Let's see...

I see female fans expressing desire for alternative costume being that shirtless example from artbook.
The wet Dante emerging from sea. Or being in shower (with bottom part not visible), and I don't know, hearing/sensing something while water runs over him.
Lady stealing a kiss from him.
etc.

Surely none of that is so scary?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
To get a bit more on topic, why do you think we'll get a more sexual ending anyway (granted that with "more sexual" you meant Vergil doing Nero's mother)? It was already stated that the cutscenes won't contain important stuff about Nero and Vergil.

You're implying they lied to us?

Gel

Premium
You didn't read the manga, did you? Did you see the anime? You can find these there, unless you want me to explain them.
No, not that.DMC4 is full of titillating women to please the boys, but women get nothing. And a big part of DMC fanbase were females, so asking a little more is not too much either....

To get a bit more on topic, why do you think we'll get a more sexual ending anyway (granted that with "more sexual" you meant Vergil doing Nero's mother)? It was already stated that the cutscenes won't contain important stuff about Nero and Vergil.

You're implying they lied to us?

And you still trust Capcom?After all these years and all this hype, we probably will get nothing, but they still insist we will find interesting hints in the cutscenes, BUT I already know V is Nero's father. Is it so difficult to tell, even quickly who is his mother and how he met her? Good Lord, Wesker had a better story related to his son! Is it so difficult, Capcom?!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Personally I couldn't care less about the relationship between Vergil and Nero. So I don't mind them not focusing on that in the cutscene ending, choosing to give hints instead. Like ok, explain it, but don't focus on it.

In fact, what I want them to do with Vergil, story wise, is just bring him back from the dead, or wherever he's been all this time. I hope THAT is the ending we'll get.
They can focus on the whole Vergil/Nero matter in a sequel. Just use the SE to establish his comeback.

But I'm going off topic now.

Gel

Premium
Personally I couldn't care less about the relationship between Vergil and Nero. So I don't mind them not focusing on that in the cutscene ending, choosing to give hints instead. Like ok, explain it, but don't focus on it.

In fact, what I want them to do with Vergil, story wise, is just bring him back from the dead, or wherever he's been all this time. I hope THAT is the ending we'll get.
They can focus on the whole Vergil/Nero matter in a sequel. Just use the SE to establish his comeback.

But I'm going off topic now.
The problem is that we will have to wait 4 or 7 more years to get answers that will never be given; this if we are lucky enough to have such a thing as DMC5.

Rape is hinted heavily in a episode of the Anime, where guards usually rape their prisoners.Dante is locked in that demonic prison and finds it out.You can see guards half naked in the end.

Now a demonstration how DMC could be classy as h****:
Vergil:"So I take it you still yearned for adult hood like so many girls wishing to be painted whores."

Alice:"Shut up! You bastard!"

Alice:"I hate you,I hate those eyes of yours, the way they look at me."

Alice: "Hey! Where the hell are you going!?"

Vergil:"I tire of you girl, something I'm sure you'll be hearing that from a lot of guys soon enough."

Extracted from DMC3Code 2 Vergil manga.

Last edited:

outoftheblue

@Viper I could make it without the kiss. Not that I find it scandalous, but it would be too explicit for my taste. Maybe the teasing of a kiss....I just find the insinuated stuff better suited for the videogame format. If we were talking about a CGI movie, I would be totally for it, even for a little bit more.
This goes for other franchieses as well. I found Leon giving the mouth to mouth to that soldier woman in Resident Evil Degeneration more than acceptable. If I remember correctly, was there even a kiss in the end? But I wouldn´t have liked it in the games..Am I making any sense?

@Foxtrot94 It was already a shock to find out Vergil was actually Nero´s father. I only need the answer as to how he came to be, I don´t need to SEE it.
What I totally would like to see is Vergil coming back from hell, death or wherever they make him out to have been stuck. That and seing it linked to a possible DMC5 story.
Just give me a simple answer(wife, prostitute or magical origin) and bring Vergil back and I will be more than happy.

Viper

Premium
@outoftheblue
Maybe it's my age or the fact internet has corrupted me, but on the scale of scandalous, kiss is a meh to me. To be honest, I wasn't really thinking of tongue action and groping, but sneaking a smooch before one of them goes for a mission, thus just hinting for something romantic in background, would be perfectly okay in my book.

@Gel
Holy smile of Vergil, I completely forgot "delicious" Dante and that fat warden, and it was such a big hint of prison rape happening behind scenes.

Gel

Premium
Just give me a simple answer(wife, prostitute or magical origin) and bring Vergil back and I will be more than happy.
We just wanna a simple answer like" I had a wife" or " a girl I met", I don't wanna to see intercourse, for God's sake.
I would like to see her face and her name, nothing more.I want to know who was the girl who made V break his code.

outoftheblue

@Viper I understand.
The next thing that comes to my mind would be for another thread, but I don´t see Lady stealing a kiss from Dante.She would more than likely kick him in the...shin than kiss him. I always found the DMC4 Lady horrible in the way she generally behaved and treated Dante. I would have thought that after all they went through together and all the time they know each other, there would be either a past or present romantic relationship or ,at least, a good friendship. What we got instead is a bikering and sexual tension that is impossible to mantain for over a decade....just no. You either give in to it or it turns into something else.
So maybe Dante trying to steal a kiss from Lady... to rile her....I don´t know.

@Gel I understand.
I love those Vergil lines to Alice. He´s soooo my kind of man.

Reactions: Gel

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I see female fans expressing desire for alternative costume being that shirtless example from artbook.
The wet Dante emerging from sea. Or being in shower (with bottom part not visible), and I don't know, hearing/sensing something while water runs over him.
Lady stealing a kiss from him.
etc.

Surely none of that is so scary?
I included rape as example from gel's quote. And I already told, I was talking exclusively about explicit stuff.

You didn't read the manga, did you? Did you see the anime? You can find these there, unless you want me to explain them.
No, not that.DMC4 is full of titillating women to please the boys, but women get nothing. And a big part of DMC fanbase were females, so asking a little more is not too much either....
!
I saw anime, though i don't remember any of those stuff, unless dante was hitting on Patty which is…i dunno probably never happened o_O Never read mange though.
DMC4 yes. On the other hand there was scene with Dante and sexual innuendo. As for DMC3 etc, honestly fan service was close to non existed for male part, yet Dante ran half-naked half of the game, so guess it makes it pretty much square?

As for me honestly, i don't care for amount of fan-service on either side, unless they add explicit stuff, like Mundus scene from DmC, which was just disgusting.

Top Bottom