• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

A Better Stance Switch

What do you think?

• Total voters

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I would use rebellion E&I when fighting demos cause those are the weapons I only use in EVERY DMC I've played. It's fun that way.^_^

izaya___cool_story_bro_by_yukinekomura-d4ezylt.jpg
Wait you insult me for liking ponies yet you watch Anime

Have fun with your filler episodes and cheap sex gimmicks while I enjoy a quality well written show

Vezild

Taking Back Lordran One Boss At a Time
If you really think launcher, stinger and other moves that requires lock on are optional, I don't see why wouldn't you think that Angel and Demon stances are optional as well. You'll only be actually required to use them on platforming, nothing's stopping you from completely ignoring both stances.

And I honestly think that you'd lose more by not ever using lock on on DMC3~4 than by not using stances in DmC.
I said that the moves are optional and that they're completely different from an actual system. I don't know if you've noticed, but the battle system is completely based around the Angel and Demon stances in DmC.

And yes. You are losing a lot more by not ever locking on in DMC3 and 4. But the stances in DmC...well that's pretty much the entire battle system right there.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
I prefer DMC 4's style system...to be able to switch to five modes in a combo segment is really satisfying....For DmC's stance system....you guys have already tried it....Heavenly sword anyone....I for not one reason understand how NT's system was better than the past....I laugh at that

Nelo_Vergil

the difference between heavenly sword and DmC is one is dial a combo one isn't. Btw as good as dmc4s style system is the gameplay itself wasn't so great it took advantage of that.

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
the difference between heavenly sword and DmC is one is dial a combo one isn't. Btw as good as dmc4s style system is the gameplay itself wasn't so great it took advantage of that.
No it was great...yes people took advantage of that but also DMC 3 had it too...with much practice you become better at a game and you learn new stuff and exploit it....DmC's combat looks all mechanical....unlike DMC 4 had style..come on...don't tell me that when you watch some of the vids from brea or other people you are not in awe on what they do...hell I learn new stuff every day with 4....just learned the reverse star, guard flying and different lucifer cancels...I don't understand how the system wasn't so great if the game is considered high praise for its combat as to which why its dubbed the Over the top action game and bayonetta following behind it

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
being a bronie is nothing to be ashamed or to abuse someone over. while i dont see the appeal in the show, i am a fan of bronie "culture" if you will. so lets lay off the bronie bashing ok. after all many people out there would conisder us less of a man/person/woman/swamp thing seeing as we like dmc, so we are in no place to judge. so can we call a truce and return to stances of DMC

asurai

DMC4's gameplay was good, but not as fast as 3's, IMO. I don't think anyone would argue that DmC's system is better then 4's considering that we haven't played DmC yet. However the potential for DmC is there for it to be good. The major difference is also that people have had time to play DMC4 and find all of it's secrets and all. While DmC isn't even out yet and the combat is far as we know continuing to still be polished and refined. Once the game is out, let us see what combo videos are made for it, if any, and then we can compare the two and see the major differences between them. Until then it is entirely irrelevant and ignorant to defend either game since there is no real comparison that can be made as of yet.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Have fun with your filler episodes and cheap sex gimmicks while I enjoy a quality well written show
Dude, no. What DM said ain't right, you can watch whatever you want, but you returned it by insulting him for enjoying a media that isn't ether mainstream enough or you just don't like, telling him what he should or shouldn't watch. You don't like it when people give you sh!t for been a brony you shouldn't retaliate by doing the same, its hypocrecy.

Also, like I said before, it's the difference between holding the shift botton or tapping the caps lock. Each has it's bennefits and drabacks, depends on how you like it.

ZeroLove

So much for being open-minded and acceptive of other people's opinions. Shame on you! That's not the brony way, to feel superiour of others and look down on them for watching other media than your preferred one! Shaaaame!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But really if you guys think bronies are bad than get off of the internet, you are clearly not prepared for it

I've got nothing against Bronies. A few of my friends are bronies. I just like to mess with them about it is all. I was thinking of at least seeing an episode since I can't say I hate it if I haven't seen it yet.

I prefer DMC 4's style system...to be able to switch to five modes in a combo segment is really satisfying....For DmC's stance system....you guys have already tried it....Heavenly sword anyone....I for not one reason understand how NT's system was better than the past....I laugh at that

Yet you haven't even played the game to see if it's like Heavenly sword or not.

Yeah, that's fair...no, that's just hateraid to me.

AngelMode

They have said countless times that the gameplay has a crap ton of in-depth mechanism that people are still discovering in DmC. Enemy step is in there and I'm sure we will see some people beating demons or bosses without touching the ground once (unless the bosses have stupid mid-battle cutscenes and so forth). While I agree that the gameplay in previous DMCs seems faster, it only looks that way because it is played by experts. I'm sure a regular Joe who is still learning about a game, doesn't matter in what DMC game it is, the gameplay is gonna look slow as hell.

Vezild

They have said countless times that the gameplay has a crap ton of in-depth mechanism that people are still discovering in DmC. Enemy step is in there and I'm sure we will see some people beating demons or bosses without touching the ground once (unless the bosses have stupid mid-battle cutscenes and so forth). While I agree that the gameplay in previous DMCs seems faster, it only looks that way because it is played by experts. I'm sure a regular Joe who is still learning about a game, doesn't matter in what DMC game it is, the gameplay is gonna look slow as hell.
You should've seen me when I started playing DMC 3 xD My fingers got calluses from playing too hard! And I was STILL too slow. I'm no master, but I can definitely hold my own in the game now. AND! I went through an entire mission in Very Hard untouched. I thought I was a god.

I'd say that nobody should worry about how "hardcore" this'll be when it comes to the actual mechanics. If it's really that deep, I'm sure it'll satisfy a few detractors. I'm worried about difficulty. Alex Jones said it'll be challenging...how challenging is 'challenging' for Alex Jones?

AngelMode

You should've seen me when I started playing DMC 3 xD My fingers got calluses from playing too hard! And I was STILL too slow. I'm no master, but I can definitely hold my own in the game now. AND! I went through an entire mission in Very Hard untouched. I thought I was a god.

I'd say that nobody should worry about how "hardcore" this'll be when it comes to the actual mechanics. If it's really that deep, I'm sure it'll satisfy a few detractors. I'm worried about difficulty. Alex Jones said it'll be challenging...how challenging is 'challenging' for Alex Jones?

Hahaha! Yeah, I remember when I started out as well. I didn't read any of the tutorials or anything so I started learning how to do moves AFTER I beat it on Easy because I could not, for the life of me, beat the damn game on Normal. Eventually, I got good enough to beat the game on DMD and go untouched in one or two levels, but that took like a couple of months of training and... enemy stepping. Sometimes I amaze myself at some of the stuff I pull and wonder how the hell I just did that.

I think Tameen mentioned it was going to be up there with DMC3 and might even be harder.... I wonder...

Vezild

Hahaha! Yeah, I remember when I started out as well. I didn't read any of the tutorials or anything so I started learning how to do moves AFTER I beat it on Easy because I could not, for the life of me, beat the damn game on Normal. Eventually, I got good enough to beat the game on DMD and go untouched in one or two levels, but that took like a couple of months of training and... enemy stepping. Sometimes I amaze myself at some of the stuff I pull and wonder how the hell I just did that.

I think Tameen mentioned it was going to be up there with DMC3 and might even be harder.... I wonder...
If it's harder...Bring. It. On. I want a challenge.

It took me 3 days to get passed Mission 2 on Normal when I started. Seriously.

Nelo_Vergil

lol i remember starting out playing DMC2. After sometime i learned there was a 3 and bought it and my experince was well; It was more or less easy to pick up for me, since i read beforehand, i got hold of the basic combo and after a few deaths against cerberus, i barely got past mission2 due to the reaper, it was all a cakewalk. Though thats because i adapt quickly don't know how the average joe would've done.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
When I played DMC3, I went in like a noob. I was just randomly swinging while shooting. Finally I learned how to do more moves on mission two and I beat the witch lady easy. Cerberus took me atleast two tries but I beat it. The first Vergil fight was tough, and the second was even tougher! All and all, I thought I was neve gonna get a Devil May Cry game cause I thought Dante looked like a fashionista who only cared about looks and seemed to bishounen for my taste in a video game character, but then I saw a walkthrough and I fell in love. not with Dante, but with the way he used his sword. Wierd right? Buut I like a game with stylish sword styles.;)

Railazel

Here's a personal system I made up:

3 Attack Types:
-Rebellion (Normal)
-Demon (Charged/Heavy)
-Angel (Rapid/Light)

Example:
-Combo A- Triangle, Triangle, Triangle
-Arbiter Drive Combo A- hold Triangle at any point during Combo A (i.e. Triangle, (hold)Triangle, Triangle)
-Osiris Spin Combo A- pause at any point during Combo A (i.e. Triangle--Triangle, Triangle)

This way, you don't have to hold onto any buttons in order to change modes. Plus, it would allow all weapons to be have a demon and angel form.

Top Bottom