• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
23 has no religious meaning, it all boils down to the 23 Enigma, now I read up about it, I suppose there is something interesting about it, a lot of events have been linked to the number, for example, and this is from the Wikipedia article upon the subject.

"I first heard of the 23 enigma from William S Burroughs, author of Naked Lunch, Nova Express, etc. According to Burroughs, he had known a certain Captain Clark, around 1960 in Tangier, who once bragged that he had been sailing 23 years without an accident. That very day, Clark’s ship had an accident that killed him and everybody else aboard."

It's intriguing, yes, but really, being how I am,, I'm very skeptical about it, you'd probably find that many of these events are also linked to many other numbers in some way, form or permutation.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
its not that 23 is special its that people have searched for things with 23 in them, and found stuff, you could do the same with 42 or 89 or any other number, but someone just picked 23 randomly IMO lol

Evil Nero

Sorry, I have to go against my word, I love this number business!

My real name.
J=10/ O=15/ E=5/
C=3/ O=15/ N=14/ D=4/ R=19/ E=5/ N=14

15+5+3=23
10+14=24 [5-4=1] 24-1= 23
15 1+5=6 [19-14=5] 6*5=30

kinda stuck XD

Keaton

Premium
^lol what did you think of the film once you have finished watching it?

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
RUBBISH!
it didnt have a great plot and it didntmake make full use of jim carrey's comic style
just before i watched 23 i watched death note movie with was bad ebcause it took 2 years to come out over here and there was little difference as it was subbed. i thought that 23 was better than the death note movie, lol,

Keaton

Premium
LOL, 23 is a new angle for Carrey a more serious role :D
I loved him in Ace Ventura and the Mask (lol), but this is a new side that will allow him to grow further as an actor.

After all, it is rumoured that he will be playing Carnage in the next Spider-Man film...only speculation though ;)

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Jim Carrey as carnage :lol:, he'll suit that role :lol:.

I never got obsessed after watching 23, maybe because maths isn't my strong point.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I think with the right make up and costume, Carrey could look really evil. In Batman, he made the Riddler too jokey, and it wasn't serious. Looking back, he could've made the Riddler really foul, but they were not going for that approach back then.

I much prefer the serious side, as we all know he's a funny guy... We just want him to try and act as something other than what he is use to. Comedy and looking silly is his typical comfort zone, and he should try to ease out of that and develop as an actor who can star in almost any role ;)

Top Bottom