• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

2 more DmC reviews

AngelMode

Lol. Boss fights are important because they are unique enemies that are much more in-depth (in terms of move set, strategies, etc) than your regular enemies. They also make the action that much more intense because they are harder than regular enemies. The game WILL suffer if it lacks boss fights. And... to tell the truth, right now, I am not liking the boss fights at all in DmC.

The Demon Hunter seems like a fun one overall, but he's probably easier since he's the first boss. Poison is stuck to a tube and attacks you from one spot. Bob stays at one spot and does not move at all. And Killing Face seems like a rehash of the Demon Hunter. We have yet to see a human sized boss fight yet (which are my favorites) and if Mundus turns into a huge demon thing then the only one we are going to have like that is Vergil's final battle.

Comparing it to DMC3 bosses, Poison is like Cerberus (held down by something but still moveable). Bob is like Leviathan's Heart thing, where it stays at one spot until it exposes weaknesses. Killing Face and Demon Hunter are like Beowulf... big, but pretty mobile.

ZeroLove

I'm not saying boss fights aren't important, just that they aren't what makes the game. 7 bosses are still many bosses and as it was stated earlier, there were 7 bosses in DMC4 as well, so it's not like it's drastic changes. Plus we will probably see more bosses in the Vergil DLC.

Valcorn

At least Hunter, Poison and Bob are, they are nothing in comparison to DMC3 bosses, not even DMC4's

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Hey! I got killed by Berial when I was noob ._. I don't see myself dying at the hunter gorilla vagina forehead demon dude.
If you think Berial was hard, that's fine with me but from my perspective, DMC4's bosses aren't exactly challenging as I could beat every one of them on my first try without too much hassle. The only boss that I had trouble with was Sanctus but that's because I didn't know what the hell I was supposed to do.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Every boss fight is easy if you know what to do. If the boss fights serve a purpose to the story they are fine with me. The poison boas fight shows Dante's brash side will the barbas fight shows his witty side. That's fine.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Finally no more recurring bosses for game. I remember DMC4 where I sometimes sweared in end when I played other character and I been yellow in changing tactics to beat again same enemy.

Blacko

Most important thing to me is the atmosphere/story on a game and the charismatic characters. It's all there. And the gameplay is fun as hell. I don't ask for more, it's enough.

9/10 9/10 8.9/10 > looking great.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Lol. Boss fights are important because they are unique enemies that are much more in-depth (in terms of move set, strategies, etc) than your regular enemies. They also make the action that much more intense because they are harder than regular enemies. The game WILL suffer if it lacks boss fights. And... to tell the truth, right now, I am not liking the boss fights at all in DmC.

The Demon Hunter seems like a fun one overall, but he's probably easier since he's the first boss. Poison is stuck to a tube and attacks you from one spot. Bob stays at one spot and does not move at all. And Killing Face seems like a rehash of the Demon Hunter. We have yet to see a human sized boss fight yet (which are my favorites) and if Mundus turns into a huge demon thing then the only one we are going to have like that is Vergil's final battle.

Comparing it to DMC3 bosses, Poison is like Cerberus (held down by something but still moveable). Bob is like Leviathan's Heart thing, where it stays at one spot until it exposes weaknesses. Killing Face and Demon Hunter are like Beowulf... big, but pretty mobile.

You should also try and appreciate the sheer absurdity of some of the bosses. That's why I like poison and barbas. They're both so ****ing ridiculous.

But I still agree with you on the game play part. They all look so easy.

MilkmyDragon

Well it sure isn't going to milk itself...
All that's really left is Lilith, her baby, Mundus, and...him.

So all in all; seven bosses.

Plus there's Vergil's downfall with his bosses.
*spoilers*
I'm not so sure about Lilith beeing a full boss fight, since we saw that you fight the baby in the club level, I would imagine, if anything she is probably just the first phase of the Killing Face fight...

btw aren't you forgeting about Tyrant from the Flock Off, Feather Face achievement

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not so sure about Lilith beeing a full boss fight
There are two health bars for the Killing face baby fight. With other bosses in DmC, the health bar is layered, so it could be Lilith and baby together.
Looks like maybe (from the performance capture vids) Lilith pukes up the baby and it joins with her.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Where have you seen someone puking up babies? :troll:
Silent hill 3, of course ^_^

But, to do with DmC, if you look at the performance actor video it shows a clip of her at the club confronting Dante then she's puking up black stuff. Which led me to believe it had to be the kid. It looks all black gooey, plus the legs look kinda like Lilith's. Also, I can't think of another reason why there would be 2 health bars when other bosses had layered ones.

Devil Player

One of the "leaks" ( posted by 4chan) did show several lists for enemies, including regular ones, bosses and weapons and moves.

Regarding the boss list, one of them is listed as being called Max. So far, we haven't seen anything about that boss, if it's true. All the other bosses listed are already known to the public. Lilith isn't listed as being a boss.

Regarding that double health bar for the Killing Face, I don't think we'll have a battle against 2 bosses. I believe it's a battle against the baby alone. I guess he has more than 1 weak point and you'll have to destroy all of them. For example, his hand may be a weak point. Once one of the health bars is empty, the boss will change the attack's pattern, using another part of its body ( obviously another weak point, like perhaps the head). So, each weak point has a different health bar.

Also, Lilith won't die in that mission ( Devil's Dalliance), because if you watched the TGS trailer, you'll see that Dante got Lilith and it seems we'll have a hostage/trade situation. Kate was kidnapped by Mundus forces and Lilith was "kidnapped" by Vergil and Dante,

Common sense says Mundus won't give Kat back and she'll get shot. Then, Vergil probably kills Lilith with his rifle. Then Mundus sees that, notices that his baby is nowhere to be seen, because he was killed. Then we have the "you don't fu--k with a God" line, probably leading Mundus to reveal his true form ( probably that one shown in less than 5 secs during the Vergil reveal trailer, some months ago).

Top Bottom