• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
Hair is a filamentous biomaterial that grows from follicles found in the dermis. Hair is one of the defining characteristics of mammals. The human body, apart from areas of glabrous skin, is covered in follicles which produce thick terminal and fine vellus hair. Most common interest in hair is focused on hair growth, hair types and hair care, but hair is also an important biomaterial primarily composed of protein, notably keratin. Attitudes towards hair, such as hairstyles and hair removal, vary widely across different cultures and historical periods, but it is often used to indicate a person's personal beliefs or social position, such as their age, gender, or religion
The word "hair" often refers to two distinct structures:
  1. the part beneath the skin, called the hair follicle or when pulled from the skin, called the bulb. This organ is located in the dermis and maintains stem cells which not only re-grow the hair after it falls out, but also are recruited to regrow skin after a wound;[2]
  2. the shaft, which is the hard filamentous part that extends above the skin surface. A cross section of the hair shaft may be divided roughly into three zones.
Hair fibers have a structure consisting of several layers. Starting from the outside:
  1. the cuticle which consists of several layers of flat, thin cells laid out overlapping one another as roof shingles,
  2. the cortex, which contains the keratin bundles in cell structures that remain roughly rod-like; and in some cases,
  3. the medulla, a disorganized and open area at the fiber's center.[

I Make The Devils Cry

Oh dear... this actually had something to do with DmC: Devil May Cry, but it seems we moved to hair rather quickly. It was originally about the reaction many people had to the new game solely based on the change from lengthy silver/white hair, to the short black (now white) hair; and what your thoughts were about it. Before you say, that's just silly, it's me passing something on from another post/forum.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I bet you if Dante's hair had been white, not so many people would've complained...well, aside from the fact he looked terrible in that debut trailer.
Not just that....poor guy looked like he was on drugs, really skinny- needed to eat a burger or something. >_< I get that he was probably like that because of being held in that detention centre, but still, that look was a bit of a shock considering how Dante used to be.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Not just that....poor guy looked like he was on drugs, really skinny- needed to eat a burger or something. >_< I get that he was probably like that because of being held in that detention centre, but still, that look was a bit of a shock considering how Dante used to be.
Yeah. I'm so glad they changed that. I know they were trying to do something different, but that too different. And I know there's that saying of 'beauty in the eye of the beholder' and 'don't judge a book by it's cover' but Dante now it just looks friggin hot and I love it lol. MUSCLES!

I Make The Devils Cry

Everyone's first complaint, even the fans of DmC.
ADMIT IT.
I was in more shock/negative reaction over the weight and new voice actor, or the voice in the trailer anyway. Over time as it changed, and became more likeable, I will admit, the hair irritated me a bit, but I find it somewhat appealing (at the right angles)

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Everyone's first complaint, even the fans of DmC.
ADMIT IT.
well, that and how dante's face looks like. i mean he looks really really sick, its like he has cancer or something. but he performs some badass move like the cigarette torture and the gunslinger moves (which wasnt actually in the game).

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Hair is an odd phenomenon among the demonic legions. it is present in the more powerful lower and feral demons. they are mammalian in appearance and are highly intelligent capable of working in pairs and even higher thought levels such as mourning and desires for vengeance. it is common in these species to have their hair also serve as a weapon. by releasing their demonic powers the hair hardens into a spine capable to tearing through flesh. the alpha males of such species often demonstrate the capacity to launch such spines at their opponents also.

higher level and more intelligent demons rarely have hair as they are descended from (chaotic)energy based life forms, rather than created by the energy. however while many are capable of shape shifting to have hair few do as they prefer to keep their human appearance as similar to their demonic one as it makes it easier for them to live with.
the family of Sparda is an exception to that rule with his natural "human" form having hair and his full demonic form having white horns. in his youth as a savage warrior sparda was well recognized by his mane of white hair. his hair was originally black when he was born. but exposure to concentrated demonic power proceeded to bleach it in a similar was that sunlight can bleach things and requires similair magnitudes of power. this trait runs through his family line from his great great great grandfather Azazel to his sons Dante and Vergil.

its worth noting that unlike his ancestors or even his own brother, Dantes hair remained black for the entirety of his childhood. it was only when he reached his early twenties that he emitted enough demonic power at once to bleach his hair all white. this has been linked to many things; most exprerts agree that it is most likely that Vergil was the dominant twin while the angel Eva was pregnant. as such he took the kings share of demonic energy. in demons twins are incredibly rare in higher demons. 1 in 10,000 are twins and only 1 in 1,000,000 cases do both twins live long enough to be born. as usually one twin completely devours the other. this is because when twins (identical) are formed they each gain 1 half of the power that would be given to them. so one often takes the other half be devouring its twin. in this case when Dante was born he was less than a half but "grew it back". like star fish; when you cut one in two each piece grow to become two different star fish. so Vegil grew to be whole and so did Dante. there are many other theories on this matter for full documentation consult "Dreams guide to hell and beyond "

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
The reaction to Dantes black hair was only the inital reaction at the time.

To say that people still only complain about hair today is stupid and silly.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
MudWPwA.gif

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
This is a touchy issue since its something that is used a lot to demean and belittle the "haters" opinions.

This seems like nothing but a flamebait thread to me...

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems nothing but a thread to get people arguing again. No topic title then one word to kick others off with no explanation as to what it was regarding exactly... silly.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
Seems nothing but a thread to get people arguing again. No topic title then one word to kick others off with no explanation as to what it was regarding exactly... silly.

dont say you werent impressed with my amazing piece on demonic hair :D even tho it was completely out of nowhere ;)

Top Bottom