• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
*falls over laughing* God dang it you people XD

chowthumbsup.gif

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC1 Dante would never have talked about his pingas when using a weapon. Actually, he never would have talked about it period. As in, never.

He'll probably say something about "Filling dark souls with light".

If you don't think that line is a sexual innuendo in itself then lets break it down.

A. It didn't make any sense at all in the context of the scene. How was he going to fill Trish's dark soul with light and what he even meant by that.

B. Kamiya is a pervert. All of his other games all have sexual innuendos, even if small, and well he made this.

C. Kamiya is probably sexually depraved, just an assumption. He is in his mid-40s, isn't married, he is very perverted, and no signs of being in a relationship and is probably too busy getting drunk to get laid....ok I'm just joking.....I'm sure he might...and I mean MIGHT be getting some.....granted considering how the sex situation is going over there in Japan nowadays not really sure. He might have gotten some when he was younger....but enough about whether or not Kamiya has had sex.

D. The fact that the 2 ending themes in DMC1 were titled "Seeds of Love" then followed by "Pillow Talk". I know Seeds of Love could refer to Eva's feelings for her kids but with Pillow Talk coming after it.............I'm thinking semen.

The only difference was that the Lucifer scene was extremely obvious about it and was most likely an over the top homage to the "Fill Your Dark Soul with Light" scene in DMC1 or the other sexual connotations in DMC1 as are a lot of things in DMC4 are homages to DMC1.

If Kamiya stayed around we probably would've gotten something far worse than the Lucifer scene.

Also, Dante wasn't talking about his penis he was talking about how he f*cks girls. If he was talking about his penis he would be discussing its size (width and length), girth, hardness, and smoothness and not about "ramming it in". Its like talking about sword vs talking about stabbing someone with your sword. One is describing an object while the other is describing an action with said object. Me talking about my penis and talking about jacking my penis are 2 separate things. The only similarity is that I'm talking about my penis, which by the way is glorious.

Plus its Devil May Cry, gotta have at least 1 d*ck reference/joke in there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=p9W7THY3aUs#t=208

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

3d9.png

A. It didn't make any sense at all in the context of the scene. How was he going to fill Trish's dark soul with light and what he even meant by that.

Well it sorta does. It's a corny line about him wanting to be the one that gives her a happy life of not being a demonic construct :tongue:

And then, it was delivered in one of the worst best ways ever.

TheOneGirl

So I decided to play DMC4 again and do DMD mode (a pain in the ass because I gotta play as Nero again and hear Dante's annoying mouth) and I reach the end where Dante gives the wave goodbye, and I realize something. For some this was the last time we see an iconic character. This was the last time we see such a loved character who brought style action and all around badassery to the hack n slash genre. This was the last we'd see of such an up standing fellow who decided to face evil and demonic enemies with a sword and two guns.

This would be the last of Classic Dante...

But for me...this is the last I'd see of Classic Dante...and THIS is what I'm left with?

(You can start Nostalgia's "No" rant right as Dante appears on the first video to see how I feel.)

I mean...really? This is the last memory I'll have of the original Dante? The Dante who use to ooze cool and be witty and stylish all in one go? The Dante that had the iconic style of being a Devil Hunter who didn't give no f*cks about anyone else and did his own thing...

And the last memory I have of him is him hardly helping out a family member, letting said family member be absorbed, allow his own dad's sword to get taken from him THAT easily, Did a stupid **** thrusting dance with a new weapon, and did probably the worst attempt at trying to be funny with a Shakespearean play.

I-I just can't believe this. If fact, I can't accept this garbage and call it a proper way to see Classic Dante off.

I like new Dante and all (more then I do the classic ones for now) but if DMC4 was Capcom's last "HO RAH" for Classic Dante, then I must say they did a lousy job.

Point is; I just hope that if they do an actual DMC5 and it's the last of the original series, please PLEASE do NOT f*ck Dante up, Capcom.
Do NOT worry this has been confirmed!!!! You can share this if you like http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/10...ps4-also-rival-schools-3-and-devil-may-cry-5/

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
That's actually not 100%. It says he'd LIKE to do a DMC5, not that he would be able to.

DMC5 does seem to have a higher percentage rate than a DmC2.

If Capcom ever wanted to pour money into another Devil May Cry game DMC5 seems like a stronger or more likely investment for them.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He said he's also like to continue Dragon's Dogma, which makes me a happeh boi. Just hope they include legitimate co-op, because that would make the game effin' bonkers! So much of the game's skills and tactics are wasted on the Pawn's silly AI :(

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

If you don't think that line is a sexual innuendo in itself then lets break it down.

B. Kamiya is a pervert. All of his other games all have sexual innuendos, even if small, and well he made this.

Uh...I really don't think that was actually meant to be a sexual innuendo. Sounds like it, buuuut I donno...

C. Kamiya is probably sexually depraved, just an assumption. He is in his mid-40s, isn't married, he is very perverted, and no signs of being in a relationship and is probably too busy getting drunk to get laid....ok I'm just joking.....I'm sure he might...and I mean MIGHT be getting some.....granted considering how the sex situation is going over there in Japan nowadays not really sure. He might have gotten some when he was younger....but enough about whether or not Kamiya has had sex.

He's not married? I thought he was married to her.
2411829-1357957498330.jpg

D. The fact that the 2 ending themes in DMC1 were titled "Seeds of Love" then followed by "Pillow Talk". I know Seeds of Love could refer to Eva's feelings for her kids but with Pillow Talk coming after it.............I'm thinking semen.

Uh...No comment.

The only difference was that the Lucifer scene was extremely obvious about it and was most likely an over the top homage to the "Fill Your Dark Soul with Light" scene in DMC1 or the other sexual connotations in DMC1 as are a lot of things in DMC4 are homages to DMC1.

yeah...except Dante in general.

If Kamiya stayed around we probably would've gotten something far worse than the Lucifer scene.

Oh, god don't remind me. It's not like I have low confidence in Kamiya, but...I dunno. It's obvious that this is a different Kamiya as oppose to 12 years ago. :facepalm:

Also, Dante wasn't talking about his penis he was talking about how he f*cks girls. If he was talking about his penis he would be discussing its size (width and length), girth, hardness, and smoothness and not about "ramming it in". Its like talking about sword vs talking about stabbing someone with your sword. One is describing an object while the other is describing an action with said object. Me talking about my penis and talking about jacking my penis are 2 separate things. The only similarity is that I'm talking about my penis, which by the way is glorious.

Plus its Devil May Cry, gotta have at least 1 d*ck reference/joke in there.

What about DMC2 then?

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
If DMC4 is an homage to DMC1, it could means it was probably to be the last DMC to be made.
And yes, I still not get why some people in general are so against DmC. Ok, it has its problems, but its not worse than DMC, which had a being kinda silly and creepy since the very beggining.
Oh come DmC Dante says f*ck, but DMC Dante said farts, b*lls and even f*ck you on the novel, sh*t on Anime .He is even unpleasant with his adoptive mother , saying she was older than Mathusalem's grandmother, her face looked like an old bible's cover and so on.He was always a c*nt to everyone and a p*ssy towards Trish. He never had b*lls to confront her. He was an IQ average guy, not as intelligent as people want to make him.Neither as generous.He was him, just a guy with a job.DMC Dante wasn't even liked by women in DMC1 novel and he was called a momma's boy by peolpe in town.The only girl he could get was a clone of his mom and even her regected him. So great he was.
I dare even say that I liked more how DmC Dante acted and treated Kat than DMC Dante treated his "friends"( with the usual exception).Kat was treated with dignity, while DMC Dante called people he knows "fast woman" which is prostitute, for the ones who don't know.So, DmC Dante is not so bad as people paint him.
If Kamiya took over the franchise, we would get Dante and Vergil making out, just like in VJ we have Silvia and Goldie(her twin) making out and trying to have sex in the cinema.It's his personal style.
Now most probably we get a DmC2 or a new reboot of DMC.A great part of the original fanbase already left and now Capcom has a new target audience, why would the go back to the past?But at this time everything is possible.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
He said he's also like to continue Dragon's Dogma, which makes me a happeh boi. Just hope they include legitimate co-op, because that would make the game effin' bonkers! So much of the game's skills and tactics are wasted on the Pawn's silly AI :(

He also said he would like to do Rival Schools 3.

Out of DMC5, RS3, and DD2 I would want Rival Schools 3 the most. I would love to beat up a Christian priest with a busty cheerleader in high definition graphics. DMC's wacky style would suit Rival Schools (which is already wacky) pretty well.

As for the pawns......well at least they were creative. I saw keep both the pawns and had co-op because the pawn system did granted benefits like items from other players and I felt like a pimp....no other game could grant that feeling of being a literal boss/manager of someone.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He also said he would like to do Rival Schools 3.

Out of DMC5, RS3, and DD2 I would want Rival Schools 3 the most. I would love to beat up a Christian priest with a busty cheerleader in high definition graphics. DMC's wacky style would suit Rival Schools (which is already wacky) pretty well.

As for the pawns......well at least they were creative. I saw keep both the pawns and had co-op because the pawn system did granted benefits like items from other players and I felt like a pimp....no other game could grant that feeling of being a literal boss/manager of someone.

I don't hold out much hope for a Rival Schools 3, just in terms of it not having been a huge hit here, so it would most likely not be seen as a profitable move :( Would love to play as Zaki again, though :3

And yeah, I do like the Pawn system, but let you take other players in place of pawns as well. Sorta like filling out a multiplayer game with bots. It's just I felt like launchers and springboard abilities really ended up lost one the Pawns. I had literally one crowning moment of me launching a goblin and my main pawn peppering it with a five-fold arrow shot. It was awesome, but I want more moments like that!

The best way they could improve the Pawn system is letting you give actual commands to them. Like holding in a D-Pad button corresponding to that Pawn and then hitting one of the face buttons which would have their skills listed. Essentially, holding in their D-Pad direction would be like holding in R1 for your character - it lets you access the special abilities.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I don't hold out much hope for a Rival Schools 3, just in terms of it not having been a huge hit here, so it would most likely not be seen as a profitable move :( Would love to play as Zaki again, though :3

And yeah, I do like the Pawn system, but let you take other players in place of pawns as well. Sorta like filling out a multiplayer game with bots. It's just I felt like launchers and springboard abilities really ended up lost one the Pawns. I had literally one crowning moment of me launching a goblin and my main pawn peppering it with a five-fold arrow shot. It was awesome, but I want more moments like that!

The best way they could improve the Pawn system is letting you give actual commands to them. Like holding in a D-Pad button corresponding to that Pawn and then hitting one of the face buttons which would have their skills listed. Essentially, holding in their D-Pad direction would be like holding in R1 for your character - it lets you access the special abilities.

I see your point and why not all the players can have their pawns with them. It'll be crazy fun watching 2-4 players all climb the same gigantic flying dragon and stab it all over in its no no parts.

As for Rival Schools, who knows? Capcom still continues franchises that have small successes such as the Ace Attorney and Sengoku Basara series and have a tendency to bring back older franchises that weren't huge hit either like Bionic Commando and Strider......although the Bionic Commando reboot was a load of bullocks....gameplay was a least decent even if controls were a bit odd......story on the other hand.....in one minute can turn from a mediocre story into a bag of WTF did I just watched.

IncarnatedDemon

I've said it before and will reiterate it: PG is best studio to hire for dmc5's gameplay.
And i dont care if it's Dante or a new character.

I would have loved a female spin off with either Trish, Lucia or Mary, or all of them with each their own campaign, made by PG.

Top Bottom