• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So I decided to play DMC4 again and do DMD mode (a pain in the ass because I gotta play as Nero again and hear Dante's annoying mouth) and I reach the end where Dante gives the wave goodbye, and I realize something. For some this was the last time we see an iconic character. This was the last time we see such a loved character who brought style action and all around badassery to the hack n slash genre. This was the last we'd see of such an up standing fellow who decided to face evil and demonic enemies with a sword and two guns.

This would be the last of Classic Dante...

But for me...this is the last I'd see of Classic Dante...and THIS is what I'm left with?

(You can start Nostalgia's "No" rant right as Dante appears on the first video to see how I feel.)

I mean...really? This is the last memory I'll have of the original Dante? The Dante who use to ooze cool and be witty and stylish all in one go? The Dante that had the iconic style of being a Devil Hunter who didn't give no f*cks about anyone else and did his own thing...

And the last memory I have of him is him hardly helping out a family member, letting said family member be absorbed, allow his own dad's sword to get taken from him THAT easily, Did a stupid dick thrusting dance with a new weapon, and did probably the worst attempt at trying to be funny with a Shakespearean play.

I-I just can't believe this. If fact, I can't accept this garbage and call it a proper way to see Classic Dante off.

I like new Dante and all (more then I do the classic ones for now) but if DMC4 was Capcom's last "HO RAH" for Classic Dante, then I must say they did a lousy job.

Point is; I just hope that if they do an actual DMC5 and it's the last of the original series, please PLEASE do NOT f*ck Dante up, Capcom.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If your idea of cool is a gaudy Vegas rodeo clown wearing more leather than a gimp all while thinking he's cooler than he actually is then, I guess? :cautious:
He's cooler than a skinny swearing a**hole who swings his sword like a drunken wanker and dresses like a homeless bum, but if that's what you guys consider cool, whatever floats your boat.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Magic Mike floats yours, then? :cool:
You actually watched Magic Mike?

I'd rather have Dante dress in leather and cowboy boots acting like the overpowered badass he knows he is instead of a skinny a**hole who was likely designed to catter to girls with extremely low standards and gay guys......with extremely low standards.

DragonMaster2010

Pfft.....

DMC4 Dante rocks hard enough to register on the f**king Richter Scale.

In your opinion.

To me, he sucked and that's what I'm sticking to. period.

You actually watched Magic Mike?

I'd rather have Dante dress in leather and cowboy boots acting like the overpowered badass he knows he is instead of a skinny a**hole who was likely designed to catter to girls with extremely low standards and gay guys......with extremely low standards.

It's not even about DmC. It's about having Classic Dante BE cool not ACT cool. That this is the last I'll see of Classic Dante, and I'm stuck with douche McDickhead in leather chaps.

Since when did Dante have to act like Shakespeare to be cool? Since when did Dante have to talk about having sex while using a weapon just to act cool? Why can't he just BE cool instead of do all this bullshit?

Last edited by a moderator:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Does it always have to be DmC vs. DMC with you people? No matter what I say it's looped around to just me and my preference to lean towards DmC all the the way even though I think I've already stated like a billion times my favorite Dante is the one in my forum signature right here.

I do think Dante's coat in DmC is pretty badass though. I like the hooded black with red lining. That looks pretty cool. Could disregard the wifebeater though.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Since when did Dante have to act like Shakespeare to be cool? Since when did Dante have to talk about having sex while using a weapon just to act cool? Why can't he just BE cool instead of do all this bullshit?
That's subjective, I liked it when he acted Shakespeare, I found it amusing and entertaining, the sexual innuendos while using the weapon was amusing as well, Dante can be stupid fun as well as cool, especially considering that in DMC4, it seemed that Dante did not care if anyone thinks he's cool or not, he's just having fun.
If he was just serious the entire game it would be boring, but doing things like DMC3 Dante did as well as DMC4 Dante would did make for a hell of a fun character.
I like DMC1 Dante, he was fun at times, but if DMC5 just had a more fleshed out clone of him I wouldn't be impressed nor would I forgive & forget Donte.
Btw, WHAT IN THE FLYING F**K....is fun about Donte?

Does it always have to be DmC vs. DMC with you people? No matter what I say it's looped around to just me and my preference to lean towards DmC all the the way even though I think I've already stated like a billion times my favorite Dante is the one in my forum signature right here.

I do think Dante's coat in DmC is pretty badass though. I like the hooded black with red lining. That looks pretty cool. Could disregard the wifebeater though.
Just like no matter what I say I'm always called a Micheal Bay hound and lover of a gaudy Vegas rodeo clown wearing more leather than a gimp?

DragonMaster2010

That's subjective,

Thus why I said in YOUR Opinion.

I liked it when he acted Shakespeare, I found it amusing and entertaining, the sexual innuendos while using the weapon was amusing as well, Dante can be stupid fun as well as cool, especially considering that in DMC4, it seemed that Dante did not care if anyone thinks he's cool or not, he's just having fun.

Well I seriously don't give a rat's ass. He was stupid in DMC4 and if this was the last we'd see of Classic Dante, then this was a garbage way of showing it.

If he was just serious the entire game it would be boring, but doing things like DMC3 Dante did as well as DMC4 Dante would did make for a hell of a fun character.

But that's the thing; do the moves like DMC3 Dante, but have a more cooler personality. Hell, be like Duke f*cking Nukem for God sakes! At this point, I don't care. He was just being so freaking dumb in DMC4 that I honestly could've mistaken him for any other pretty boy cocky anime lead.

What set Dante apart from the rest was his cool wittiness, his style of all around cool, and how he handled things.

in DMC4...was that suppose to be cool? All I got was anime cliched lines, Final Fantasy cowboy edition clothes, and a thick neck that would make Fat Albert jealous.

I like DMC1 Dante, he was fun at times, but if DMC5 just had a more fleshed out clone of him I wouldn't be impressed nor would I forgive & forget Donte.
Btw, WHAT IN THE FLYING F**K....is fun about Donte?

I just said this has nothing to do with DmC. This is about the fact that the last time we see Classic Dante being this fool being a pretty f*cked up way to see an original legend go.

And ya know what? Here's why I think "Donte" is fun;
Because I can.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I just said this has nothing to do with DmC. This is about the fact that the last time we see Classic Dante being this fool being a pretty f*cked up way to see an original legend go.

And ya know what? Here's why I think "Donte" is fun;
Because I can.
DMC4 Dante is actually the 2nd most loved Dante from what I've seen off this forum, back before DmC released I got into some discussions and even asked quite a few people which game and Dante was their favorite and the most answers I got was DMC4 Dante, DMC3 Dante was close behind of course, but DMC4 and DMC4 Dante were really loved.
(NO LIE, but actually I got more DMC2 Dante lovers than DMC1 Dante lovers as well :( That kinda upset me, Then again that may have been the hatred for DmC talking.)
So no, DMC4 Dante being the last we see of Classic Dante was not awful, it left the fans wanting more, LOADS more, instead we got DmC and fans outraged because they wanted the last Dante back.

Also PLEASE STOP replying INSIDE the quotes!

IncarnatedDemon

"Listen...and remember well. There are two kinds of fights. As long as we place ourselves in battle , we must always know the difference.
Fights to defend life...and fights to defend pride.
Right now, he is fighting for pride"

guy fighting for his pride says (as he is dying):
"captain...thank you so much...for letting me fight"

Those two quotes is my reply to one of the points DM made.

berto

I Saw the Devil
DMC4 Dante is actually the 2nd most loved Dante from what I've seen off this forum, back before DmC released I got into some discussions and even asked quite a few people which game and Dante was their favorite and the most answers I got was DMC4 Dante, DMC3 Dante was close behind of course, but DMC4 and DMC4 Dante were really loved.
(NO LIE, but actually I got more DMC2 Dante lovers than DMC1 Dante lovers as well :( That kinda upset me, Then again that may have been the hatred for DmC talking.)
So no, DMC4 Dante being the last we see of Classic Dante was not awful, it left the fans wanting more, LOADS more, instead we got DmC and fans outraged because they wanted the last Dante back.
I think the point isn't which is loved by most but rather how much he, him personally, hates DMC4's rendition and the out most disappointment he feels at this been his final act.

I have to agree. Not because I hate DMC4 Dante, I don't love him, not really, but that isn't the reason.

I can't stand that Dante spent the last 5 years been so absent from his own franchise. DMC4 slaps a new protagonist into the spotlight for BS reasons. They introduce Nero and that ultimately lead nowhere, Nero I don't like, wasted potential, top it off with his mere presence diminishes Dante's. Then, yeah, DmC, which an entirely different direction for the same reasons Nero exists. That bugs me, the lack of commitment, the lack of imagination. I can't think of any other franchise that's made so many drastic changes in the name of introducing itself to new audiences.

If DMC4 is Dante's final appearance then I honestly feel Capcom has done wrong by Dante.

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
To be really honest, I find DMC4 Dante to be better and cool rather than 'acting cool'. It also confuses me how you state and classify those scenarios of Dante you mentioned as 'acting cool' and overlook NTDante's scenes of middle fingers and f.uck yous.

If you have time, feed my curiosity and tell whatcha think about these;
*Dante shown being with sluts.
*Hey Bob, put a spin on this.
*club entry scene when he writes f.uck you and smacks that guy's face.
*infamous succubus f.uck u-f.uck u time.

Just reiterating - Not beating up a dead horse here; just curious to know.

berto

I Saw the Devil
To be really honest, I find DMC4 Dante to be better and cool rather than 'acting cool'. It also confuses me how you state and classify those scenarios of Dante you mentioned as 'acting cool' and overlook NTDante's scenes of middle fingers and f.uck yous.

That' is the very reason DmC is so consciously been ignored, so as to not beat a dead horse. This never leads ends at the parameters people want it to, it always explodes into arguments.

DragonMaster2010

It's not the last time you'll see him.

The way things are going, it sure looks like it, but hey who knows.

I just hope that he'll make a better impression then what DMC4 left us with. That just left a horrid taste in my mouth.

I don't give a solitary f*ck what anyone else thinks. I still call DMC4 Dante garbage. If everyone said cutting your stomach was a good way to lose pounds, would you believe them?

Good for them then.

I don't care about them. I still feel DMC4 was a terrible last time of seeing Classic Dante no matter how much you try to shove in my face how great you see him. It's like Man of Steel; just because you like the big powerhouse action, doesn't mean I have to ignore that it had a bad story.

Also PLEASE STOP replying INSIDE the quotes!

Nope.

"Listen...and remember well. There are two kinds of fights. As long as we place ourselves in battle , we must always know the difference.
Fights to defend life...and fights to defend pride.
Right now, he is fighting for pride"

guy fighting for his pride says (as he is dying):
"captain...thank you so much...for letting me fight"

Those two quotes is my reply to one of the points DM made.

Who says I'm fighting though?

I think the point isn't which is loved by most but rather how much he, him personally, hates DMC4's rendition and the out most disappointment he feels at this been his final act.

I have to agree. Not because I hate DMC4 Dante, I don't love him, not really, but that isn't the reason.

I can't stand that Dante spent the last 5 years been so absent from his own franchise. DMC4 slaps a new protagonist into the spotlight for BS reasons. They introduce Nero and that ultimately lead nowhere, Nero I don't like, wasted potential, top it off with his mere presence diminishes Dante's. Then, yeah, DmC, which an entirely different direction for the same reasons Nero exists. That bugs me, the lack of commitment, the lack of imagination. I can't think of any other franchise that's made so many drastic changes in the name of introducing itself to new audiences.

If DMC4 is Dante's final appearance then I honestly feel Capcom has done wrong by Dante.

Exatly. This is how I feel.

Dante could've been better but Capcom gave him the shaft and now...DMC4 is all that's left of Classic Dante.

Yes, because when someone on the news calls you an asshole and makes you a wanted terrorist, you invite them for tea and give them compliments.

Plus Dante's only told someone f*ck you ONCE. And that was against a demon so it really doesn't matter.

So...what? It's bad he has sex?

After all the sh*t Bob talks, what do you think his response will be?

Will you sit there and wait in line when one of your friends are in danger? And yeah, that was just tongue in cheek humor.

In which Dante only say f*ck you ONCE.

Well curiosity answered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom