• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

IncarnatedDemon

Jee, which one is worse;

A game developer calling a favorite character a bad name
or
A game developer telling you to f*ck off or to use your own brain like you're an idiot?

you can vouch for Kamiya all you want, but unlike you, I can actually admit that Tameen said things that were out of line and he's already apologized for them (apparently) but Kamiya's still being a douche and I'm not suppose to question that?
No, babe. It doesn't work like that.
So this is what it's about, i am vouching for Kamiya.
Simply because i told you that you bought a game from a guy that treated fanbase and source material with disrespect. And that's just Tameem.

Want to know what capcom did? Neglected fanbase, listened to Keji Inafune, and catered to casuals. As result, they alienated the fanbase.
Infact capcom rebooted dmc primarily for the money.
And you bought a game with these people behind it.

But PG are jerks because Kamiya told people to **** off. But capcom and NT are ok to buy from as they only disrespected fanbase and the source material. No biggie.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
@Lionheart I understand what you mean but I try to think about it like this: Imagine how many people saw that comment and article. People who aren't aware of him or what he's done but heard about him through Smash/ Bayonetta 2. How does that comment look to them? Would you want to buy a product from a guy who thinks you're an idiot? It could turn off potential new customers instantly. Sure he could've been having a bad day but that's not an excuse. You still need to act professional. Act like an asshole all you want but don't let everyone see it. Sheesh lol. On the other hand, it could've been a mistake. At least he doesn't do it too often...right?

Well, from what I heard, he's been an asshole to people who asked him stupid things and things they could've already known. Yeah, I guess he could've just ignored them, though. Never heard him say to everyone that he thought they were idiots. Besides, I personally wouldn't care. If he made good games, I would buy them. Just how I feel about it.

They appear to both be pricks sometimes. Still, I'd rather buy games from somebody who insulted fans on Twitter (social media) than somebody who insults fans through official interviews AND acts like the previous product was sh*t.

Last edited:

IncarnatedDemon

Being nice for giving people a "dlc" that should be there considering capcom's goals with the reboot. Yes, that's being nice, or it is just a pr stunt, just like how we never saw the "death threats" that Tameem mentioned.

In light of what had happened with reboot, it's quite disrespectful to joke about rebooting a character after having rebooted one already. Just like it's human trait to joke around it's also a human thing to be considerate and not joke about something that is serious to fanbase.

Trish a prostitute according to Tameem:
“We did that in Enslaved with Trip. People loved her, not because she had big breasts and high heels, but because she felt like someone who could be your girlfriend. That to me is more attractive than a prostitute walking around with a big gun. Not to demean prostitutes.”
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...truth-behind-devil-may-crys-unlikely-saviour/

Dante not cool anymore guys, but themes from 1970s are:
"If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar outside of Tokyo, he'd get laughed out. What Devil May Cry did when it launched was it brought everything that was great about action cinema like the fashion, music -- it was like a cultural melting pot -- and I feel like now, for Devil May Cry to have that same impact, it needs to draw on new things. New music, new ways of cinematography, new fashion."

We never saw the death threats that Tameem said he received. Neither have we seen any attempt of killing Tameem nor any news of police investigation. But we heard of death threats because Tameem told us he received a comic and a anti reboot dmc metal song.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Yeah, I guess he could've just ignored them, though. Never heard him say to everyone that he thought they were idiots.
I was referring to the smash article

"Enough of smash idiots. **** off"

Rather he called anyone else idiots on different occasions I have no idea lol.

But yeah that's fine. To some people, it doesn't bother them as much.

Maybe you have nerves of steel man ^^

Last edited:

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I was referring to the smash article

"Enough of smash idiots. **** off"

Rather he called anyone else idiots on different occasions I have no idea lol.

But yeah that's fine. To some people, it doesn't bother them as much.

Maybe you have nerves of steel man ^^

Ah, well, if he thinks Smash Bros (or its fans) is stupid, he should have the right to say that. I guess it may cost him consumers, but if he's not bothered about that, so be it. I personally wouldn't stop buying his games because of what he said, even if I were a fan of Smash Bros.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Ah, well, if he thinks Smash Bros (or its fans) is stupid, he should have the right to say that. I guess it may cost him consumers, but if he's not bothered about that, so be it. I personally wouldn't stop buying his games because of what he said, even if I were a fan of Smash Bros.
I guess it's okay to think I'm stupid then too *sobs*

Naw I'm kidding lol. You have a point though. It just doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't feel right. It's that naggy feeling I get.

Edit: I really hope my comments aren't coming off as harsh or anything. I have a tendency of doing that by accident sometimes -_-'

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So this is what it's about, i am vouching for Kamiya.
Simply because i told you that you bought a game from a guy that treated fanbase and source material with disrespect. And that's just Tameem.

Want to know what capcom did? Neglected fanbase, listened to Keji Inafune, and catered to casuals. As result, they alienated the fanbase.
Infact capcom rebooted dmc primarily for the money.
And you bought a game with these people behind it.

But PG are jerks because Kamiya told people to **** off. But capcom and NT are ok to buy from as they only disrespected fanbase and the source material. No biggie.

I just said I'm not one to deny the things Tameen said, but don't sit there and pretend Kamiya and PG are okay in all this.

Being nice for giving people a "dlc" that should be there considering capcom's goals with the reboot. Yes, that's being nice, or it is just a pr stunt, just like how we never saw the "death threats" that Tameem mentioned.

Weither PR stunt or being nice, at least we GOT Bloody Palace as a DLC.

In light of what had happened with reboot, it's quite disrespectful to joke about rebooting a character after having rebooted one already. Just like it's human trait to joke around it's also a human thing to be considerate and not joke about something that is serious to fanbase.

So when Kamiya said Bayonetta could curb stomp Dante, that was all good?

Trish a prostitute according to Tameem:

“We did that in Enslaved with Trip. People loved her, not because she had big breasts and high heels, but because she felt like someone who could be your girlfriend. That to me is more attractive than a prostitute walking around with a big gun. Not to demean prostitutes.”
http://www.computerandvideogames.co...truth-behind-devil-may-crys-unlikely-saviour/

HOW. THE ****. DOES THAT MEAN TRISH? Did he SAY Trish's name? Trish isn't the only woman who wears high heels and has big breast. You're being SO anal with that one.

Dante not cool anymore guys, but themes from 1970s are:
"If Dante, dressed as he was, walked into any bar "outside of Tokyo", he'd get laughed out.

OUTSIDE TOKYO. You said "IN" Tokyo.

We never saw the death threats that Tameem said he received. Neither have we seen any attempt of killing Tameem nor any news of police investigation. But we heard of death threats because Tameem told us he received a comic and a anti reboot dmc metal song.

Yeah, because like I said "two" death threats is all they recieved.

Goodness there were only two pages when I was last here. What in Zeus' beard is going on here!

Also why is this a DMC vs DmC war zone? Is this the social norm or is everyone just having an off day and needs to vent? o_O On a side note Kamiya and Tameem are both pricks in my book. I wouldn't sit down and talk to either of them by choice.

Because when someone says one of the original games is bad, the reboot must be brought up to make the original look better by SOME of the people here.

IncarnatedDemon

You know what i have no time for this childlish game of yours. Because i simply aid "PG is best for dmc5's gameplay" we went on a "Kamiya is bad" train. And then you say "I dont buy games from jerks" as a way to argument for PG is wrong, and i tell you...Tameem and capcom are exactly the same. Then you go "No matter how big fan of Kamiya you are" - wtf does that have to do with you having bought a game from a two jerks, capcom and Tameem?
Oh right, when my opinion is right, i am a PG purist, a kamiya fanboy, even though earlier i expressed i had mixed thoughts about Kamiya's behaviour and think he should get off twitter.

Not once did i bring up reboot to make the original look good.
But remember this, you bought reboot game from capcom who neglected the fans and disrespected the source material. And why did they do it? MONEY.

Yet, "No, PG are jerks and i dont want to buy dmc5 from them".

As for calling Trish a prostitute, the question asked by interviewer was in context to devil may cry females. It was not a general question about all video game female characters but dmc's females.
There is only one female who's known for high heels, nice breasts and a big gun in devil may cry - Trish.

And what does it matter if he said in or outside Tokyo?

Kaim Argonar

I guess it's okay to think I'm stupid then too *sobs*

Naw I'm kidding lol. You have a point though. It just doesn't sit well with me. It doesn't feel right. It's that naggy feeling I get.
Very understandable. I like SSB as well, but then I remember a couple years back, I labeled all Kesha fans as dolts. Then I met a girl who sat in my study lab. She would just sit there quietly studying with her headphones in. She would frequently ask questions and she was just a joy to be around. One day her headphones slipped out and all I heard was, "Don't be a little b**** with your chit chat, Just show me where your d***s at!!"
My reaction was:
the_fugitive_05.jpg

Needless to say, I was a lot less judgment from then on... sort of. So I guess to him it's one of those moments where he views something as really bad but has yet to run into that person who shares his exact interests yet likes that one exact thing he hates. It's obvious the guys wayyyy to heavy opinionated.

IncarnatedDemon

Man what a pathetic attempt at villainizing Kamiya. He said that Bayo would beat Dante? Oh no call the polices!
Who cares? He just said that Bayonetta is stronger than Dante.
Since he's creator of both i am sure he has the right to say who is stronger.
If you think Kamiya dislikes Dante, go look at his tweets where he says "I miss him too". The guy cared for the character, and that MIGHT BE why he hates PSA because NTDante is in it, not Dante.

I dont care what you think of Kamiya. You have right to think what you want, but to say "Kamiya is bad so i wont buy game off him" when Tameem and capcom are also bad, and you bought games from them ---is just hypocrisy.

EDIT: If i recall correctly Kamiya's answer to "Dante vs Bayo" was something along lines of "No man can handle a woman".
And thats exactly how i feel about Dante and Bayo crossover. Bayo is to much for Dante lol, even though he loves women.

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

You know what i have no time for this childlish game of yours. Because i simply aid "PG is best for dmc5's gameplay" we went on a "Kamiya is bad" train. And then you say "I dont buy games from jerks" as a way to argument for PG is wrong, and i tell you...Tameem and capcom are exactly the same. Then you go "No matter how big fan of Kamiya you are" - wtf does that have to do with you having bought a game from a two jerks, capcom and Tameem?

No. you dicide to get all up in my face just cause I said Kamiya was a jerk. you couldve been mature enough and ignore my comment.

Oh right, when my opinion is right, i am a PG purist, a kamiya fanboy, even though earlier i expressed i had mixed thoughts about Kamiya's behaviour and think he should get off twitter.

And? Like I said I just say what Ive seen. You didn't have to comment back.

Not once did i bring up reboot to make the original look good.

I never said you do that. I said SOME do that.

But remember this, you bought reboot game from capcom who neglected the fans and disrespected the source material. And why did they do it? MONEY.

Its better then being told to f*ck off. I bought it, liked it, and that's all.

Yet, "No, PG are jerks and i dont want to buy dmc5 from them".

Is that so wrong?

As for calling Trish a prostitute, the question asked by interviewer was in context to devil may cry females. It was not a general question about all video game female characters but dmc's females.

Even so he still didnt say right out TRISH IS A PROSTITUTE. But whatever you wanna choose to see.

There is only one female who's known for high heels, nice breasts and a big gun in devil may cry - Trish.

If thats how you wanna see it...

And what does it matter if he said in or outside Tokyo?
Because in Tokyo it wouldnt be as big of a thing. Cosplay is common there. Shibuya has a lot of that. But in a bar in the west, someone dressed like Dante would obviously get commented on in a negative way.

But Y'know what **** it, I dont care anymore. God, why does everything have to be an arguement with you? Its like if someone says something bad about something you like, you go off on a ranting franzy and start an arguement.

You're just as bad as Chancey. Well Im done. You win. Kamiya should definitely make DMC5. There.

IncarnatedDemon

No, you argumented for that since Kamiya is an arsehole, dmc5 from him would be no fun for you. And that's when you intiated a discussion with me, and now i am telling you that...that rule you have of "I dont buy from arseholes" was broken when you bought the reboot from capcom and Tameem.
And in mid of all of this you keep telling me "I know your a big Kamiya fan" as if that has anything to do with the topic. I think Kamiya has been an arsehole and should apologize.

For your enlightment sake this is what Kamiya said about Dante and Bayo (word for word):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYE2R4Ioxwg#t=8m50s
8:50 if the link dont take you there.

And that's actually quite funny answer.

Like i said i have no issue with you thinking Kamiya is a douchebag, he has stepped out of the line. But dont give me that bs when you bought a game from Tameem who as a human should known better than joke about rebooting when the fanbase did not want Dante to be rebooted. But you say "Hes a human he jokes around", but humans also do many things else, like being considerate of others.
I could have brought up the wig scene but you know how much that has been beaten by me, you and god knows everyone else.

Taking into account how Tameem behaves, i wouldn't be surprised if he intended to insult fanbase with that wig scene.
But whatever.

Sunaka Marién

No, you argumented for that since Kamiya is an arsehole, dmc5 from him would be no fun for you. And that's when you intiated a discussion with me, and now i am telling you that...that rule you have of "I dont buy from arseholes" was broken when you bought the reboot from capcom and Tameem.
Umm, y'know, maybe DragonMaster simply doen't even view Tameem as an asshole?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
He used Bloody Palace as a way to make himself look good by painting it as free dlc, joked about rebooting Paddington the bear, said Dante would get laughed out if he entered a bar in Tokyo, said the material he received was death threats when it was most likely anti-DmC and called Trish a prostitute.
That qualifies as an arsehole.

You and I have been over this MANY times, and you're pretty much wrong on every point here.

Bloody Palace was a joke about how DLC is always paid content in general from the practices at the time. Rebooting Paddington Bear was a joke and him making light of people being so p!ssy about the decision for a reboot, and he never called Trish a prostitute - we have specifically gone over that f#cking sh!t; he was talking about action movie bimbos in general, and Trish was never mentioned. Even though the interviewer was asking about DMC specifically, Tameem was talking about the concept as a whole, and how it's better to make a female character that was more that a prostitute with guns - no mention of Trish anywhere in his response.

Him talking about Dante getting laughed out of a bar was never specified as "in Tokyo," and in a common western town, it's true.

Just stop talking...there is no evidence of him treating the fanbase or source material any disrespect. Find me some of this crap if it's so evident, and not just something in your head.

somebody who insults fans through official interviews AND acts like the previous product was sh*t.

FIND ME THIS! SERIOUSLY. WHERE IS ALL THIS SH!T COMING FROM? WHAT HAVE YOU SEEN THAT I HAVE NOT?

Show me definitive proof of this crap, and that it isn't all some mass f#cking delusion people have cooked up!

If you think Kamiya dislikes Dante, go look at his tweets where he says "I miss him too". The guy cared for the character, and that MIGHT BE why he hates PSA because NTDante is in it, not Dante.

Did you know that while the guy he was replying to was specifically talking about the reboot, Kamiya himself was referring to how he hadn't worked on Devil May Cry in nearly a decade?

------------------

FWOOOO~ Sorry 'bout that little outburst there, just had to get that stuff out. Carry on!

1y4.gif

DragonMaster2010

And in mid of all of this you keep telling me "I know your a big Kamiya fan" as if that has anything to do with the topic. I think Kamiya has been an arsehole and should apologize.

For your enlightment sake this is what Kamiya said about Dante and Bayo (word for word):
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYE2R4Ioxwg#t=8m50s
8:50 if the link dont take you there.

And that's actually quite funny answer.

Like i said i have no issue with you thinking Kamiya is a douchebag, he has stepped out of the line. But dont give me that bs when you bought a game from Tameem who as a human should known better than joke about rebooting when the fanbase did not want Dante to be rebooted. But you say "Hes a human he jokes around", but humans also do many things else, like being considerate of others.
I could have brought up the wig scene but you know how much that has been beaten by me, you and god knows everyone else.

Taking into account how Tameem behaves, i wouldn't be surprised if he intended to insult fanbase with that wig scene.
But whatever.

Dude. Its over. I dont care, so stop trying start an argument AGAIN.

DragonMaster2010

FWOOOO~ Sorry 'bout that little outburst there, just had to get that stuff out. Carry on!

Please don't. It's not worth it anymore.

Umm, y'know, maybe DragonMaster simply doen't even view Tameem as an asshole?

Of course I view Tameen as an asshole, in a comical sense. But not to the point where I curse his name and hope he's fired.

Oh well, who knows, maybe? :laugh: The thing is, if DM doesn't view Tameem as an asshole, he did not break his rule.

I have a rule?

Top Bottom