• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Y'know what? I can't accept this.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
[TooCool74, post: 532001, member: 16229"]Not sure about anyone else, but I'm personally not tired of characters like Mario,Sonic, Link,Master Chief, and other iconic characters who have been around for a long time in their respective games.

Doubt I will be getting tired of Dante anytime soon since I hold him on the same level as the iconic characters I listed above.[/quote]

Completely agree with ya there classic Dante is a legend as is link solid snake ryu hayabusa goku Mario and more he is among the greatest gaming icons of the last quarter of a century

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Because those suits only think of the business side of things...and they see the money CoD makes and wonder why as beloved as their games are they aren't selling as much. Misguided idiocy, really :tongue:

Heh, agreed. :p

Yeah, that makes me think that Nero may have also been another way to get the less than skilled into the game. There's all that talk about how DMC4 was made for the female fans, and I wonder if they felt that they needed a character who wasn't as complicated as Dante for those fans to play.

I hope when it was in development, they weren't thinking solely about the female gamers. After all, I have male gamer friends who have done less in the game than I have. XD That being said though, they probably were trying to cater to new gamers of the franchise in that manner to help them ease into it, while still giving veterans of the series what they needed, as well. Of course, this varies from person-to-person, as not everyone found it sated their gaming "lust". ;)

I'm not sure, the common idea is that Nero was going to be the only character in the game originally, and then they crammed Dante in late in development >.< I think they probably had the same team working on both, but Nero also plays a little bit more fluidly than Dante simply by virtue of his controls being a bit more refined.

That makes sense; after all, Nero is built lighter than Dante, with fewer weapons in his arsenal, so it would be easier to give him that fluidity. Any idea how late in development Dante was brought in? And on top of that, does that mean they simply meant not to have him as a playable character, or did they intend not to have him in the storyline at all? If the latter, I imagine there was a great deal of panicking if they found themselves having to rewrite the entire story. If I had to guess though, they probably intended the former; have him present, but untouchable. Either way, I'm glad he made it into the game. :)

This was a problem I often had in DMC3, too. However, in DMC4 they had a lock-on option for giving priority to whomever you tilted the left stick towards (the same system that is in use in DmC, actually). That stick-modifying option allows for players to change direction really easily, and to ensure your target more easily.

*Nods* Yup, I noticed and utilized it, in fact. :) I can't remember what settings I switched it over to, exactly, (it's been awhile since I did; I'll have to check) but I noticed that it made it easier when multiple enemies were present. Especially when the damned Angelos were involved. XD I prefer to take the Alto out before the Biancos, since their precision decreases without their "leader".

IncarnatedDemon

Not sure about anyone else, but I'm personally not tired of characters like Mario,Sonic, Link,Master Chief, and other iconic characters who have been around for a long time in their respective games.

Doubt I will be getting tired of Dante anytime soon since I hold him on the same level as the iconic characters I listed above.
I am a bit tired of him as protaganist. Though i will be disappointed if he's not playable if dmc5 is made, plus i hope to see Dante in crossover games, and wish to see him and cereza team up.
Dante is definetly one of gaming's most awesome characters.

This is what i would do for dmc games:
dmc5: Nero continueation
dmc6: Vergil prequel
dmc7: Trish spin off
dmc8: Dante returns :::::: GET HYPED B1tches! (End to dmc serie)

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I am a bit tired of him as protaganist. Though i will be disappointed if he's not playable if dmc5 is made, plus i hope to see Dante in crossover games, and wish to see him and cereza team up.

Whose Cereza?

IncarnatedDemon

Wait a sec, isn't that the little girl's name?
Bayo calls Luka for chesire

cereza and her doll chesire:
250px-Cereza_single.png

It's Bayo as a child.

AcidX_Y

This is what i would do for dmc games:
dmc5: Nero continueation
dmc6: Vergil prequel
dmc7: Trish spin off
dmc8: Dante returns :::::: GET HYPED B1tches! (End to dmc serie)
DMC 5 will be the end if anything. The plot would be so twisted if it went 8 games.

IncarnatedDemon

DMC 5 will be the end if anything. The plot would be so twisted if it went 8 games.
Well it doesn't have to go to 8 games but 7. Trish spinoff is just a game i think could be nice.

After Nero's story comes to an end (dmc5), Vergil prequel is begun and shows us Vergil's thoughts and how he fell. Assuming capcom wants to go with dmc1's scenario for dmc3vergil.

Then comes Trish spinoff where Trish is teleported to demon world by a Mundus minion. Here we learn about Trish's creation, Sparda and about demon world.
And Trish's story reveals that Sparda's seal on demon world has weakened and Mundus is close to breaking free.

and in dmc8 Dante kills Mundus.

That is a thought of how the outline of the games could be like.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Spin off games would be alright I suppose, but a DMC5 as the finale would be fine by me. More does tend to feel a bit overboard. ^^;

DragonMaster2010

After Nero's story comes to an end (dmc5), Vergil prequel is begun and shows us Vergil's thoughts and how he fell. Assuming capcom wants to go with dmc1's scenario for dmc3vergil.

This would feel better as an OVA then a game, because there's so little to be explored on Vergil's turning evil that it wouldn't be enough to fit a whole game. Maybe as a DLC with DMC5 like Vergil's Downfall was with DmC, but as a full game, I don't see it.

Plus didn't the manga for DMC3 already show what happened to Vergil after his mother's death?

Caiden

This would feel better as an OVA then a game, because there's so little to be explored on Vergil's turning evil that it wouldn't be enough to fit a whole game. Maybe as a DLC with DMC5 like Vergil's Downfall was with DmC, but as a full game, I don't see it.

Plus didn't the manga for DMC3 already show what happened to Vergil after his mother's death?

I think a Vergil OVA would be pretty cool. Use the first couple to show Vergil fighting demons before DMC 3 and then use the final episode to show his battle with Mundus.

DragonMaster2010

I think a Vergil OVA would be pretty cool. Use the first couple to show Vergil fighting demons before DMC 3 and then use the final episode to show his battle with Mundus.

No I mean it's all one hour long OVA of Vergil before DMC3.

If they do one after his defeat, it wouldn't really be as interesting because when we last saw Vergil he had already gotten to Mundus and by then Mundus had already fought and killed him.

Caiden

If they do one after his defeat, it wouldn't really be as interesting because when we last saw Vergil he had already gotten to Mundus and by then Mundus had already fought and killed him.

I just thought it would be cool to see Vergil battle Mundus and maybe we could get some insight on his last thoughts.

IncarnatedDemon

Perhaps they could make us go through Vergil's life up until where he's on Mundus's door step.
And Vergil could be the narrator.

Like first show how he split up with Dante, then show when he's in his late teens, and let us play as him from there.
And have two bosses, one Mundus and one a boss from his past.
What i mean is that in the moment Vergil sees Mundus he reflects on his life for 30 seconds, and we could use his reflection to make more of the story.
Bu a dlc would be nice too, i just hope they do it right.

Top Bottom