• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who is the strongest dante between the two?

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."
For a second I thought you meant who was the strongest Dante out of all interpretations. If so I'd say DMC2>DMC4>DMC1>DMC3>DmC.

But to answer your question the original Dante takes this without any effort really. I kind of like that Dante ended up in hell at the end of DMC2, so if they were to make a DMC5 it could take place there and he could probably find some decent challenges now.

Obviously DmC Dante, I mean just look at how overpowered he is...
2048x1280.resizedimage

:troll:

AlastorSword

Classic Dante would win.
It'd be an unfair fight, though.
Indeed. It would be like when my older cousin using my arms to punch me in the face when I'm 7. I could see Dante saying "Why are you hitting yourself?" before coming to the realization that it literally is an alternate him. Then he'd probably lose interest and laugh all the way home at the thought.

adios-kid-o.gif

AlastorSword

If we go game to game, DmC Dante could take out DMC3 Dante with his superior speed and ability to tell physics to go take a break. DMC1 Dante without Sparda trigger is either another win or a tie, but DMC4 and DMC2 Dante curbstomp DmC Dante hard
You aren't selling me on reDante tagging DMC3 Dante let alone DMC1 Dante. It would be like Usane Bolt trying to grab roadrunner.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
You aren't selling me on reDante tagging DMC3 Dante let alone DMC1 Dante. It would be like Usane Bolt trying to grab roadrunner.

Sorry. I just think DmC Dante casually punching building sized demons and freezing time in cutscscenes outclassed a lot of the stuff DMC3 Dante did. He also seems to be immune to getting shot (the SWAT scene)and is pretty resilient (The Vergil fight).

AlastorSword

Sorry. I just think DmC Dante casually punching building sized demons and freezing time in cutscscenes outclassed a lot of the stuff DMC3 Dante did. He also seems to be immune to getting shot (the SWAT scene)and is pretty resilient (The Vergil fight).
Strength is one thing but then again Mundus wasn't that resilient to begin with. He was staggered for a moment by Vergils tiny swords and even broke a part of his hand slamming on the roof. Pfft that's pretty pathetic in my book. Also are we forgetting that Dante was shot in the head twice by a magnum while reDante was pierced a few times in the back by a P-90. Not nearly as impressive in my opinion. Also DT is negated since Dante does have quick silver to counter.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Strength is one thing but then again Mundus wasn't that resilient to begin with. He was staggered for a moment by Vergils tiny swords and even broke a part of his hand slamming on the roof. Pfft that's pretty pathetic in my book. Also are we forgetting that Dante was shot in the head twice by a magnum while reDante was pierced a few times in the back by a P-90. Not nearly as impressive in my opinion. Also DT is negated since Dante does have quick silver to counter.

We could do this all day. Agree to disagree?

>>Yamato<<

Vergil's sword and #1 fan!
DmCDante:My name is--
Dante:DIE! *shoots*
DmCDante:*dead*
NT:What hell?!
Dante:They made me do it!
NT:Who?
Dante:The fans... And this nervous trigger finger itch.
NT:Well who will replace the new character?
DmCVergil:My name is--
Vergil:DIE! *stabs*
DmCVergil:*dead*
NT:....
Everyone:*turn*
Kat:My name is--
Dante:Want to leave before we find out what happens with the series?
Vergil:Mhm.
Both:*walk away*

That's who wins... In the war...

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Thinking about it now, I'm gonna have to go with DmC dante if it were DMC3 dante vs DmC dante. And I don't mean the current DmC dante, I mean the Dante from 2010.

While old Dante is half demon half human, he's still only half of a powerful being. Meanwhile 2010 new Dante is two powerful species combined in one body and is actually a tougher guy to handle. While DMC3 Dante is all about trying to look cool and talking on liners all the time, it's only dwindled his actual power from what it should be. Meanwhile, DmC 2010 Dante's been fighting demons all his life and it shows. The way he doesn't mess around, and the way he's stone cold with these demons. He has gained a lot more strength by making the one liners less and his actions more.

So in my opinion, it would go like this.

"LET'S START THE PARTY!!!"
tumblr_mhzwy4AYMA1qd2j3wo1_500.gif

"The f*ck you just say?"
tumblr_mngxr2Ia9P1qhqpozo1_500.gif

tumblr_mp6ehg5HZc1s8xc8yo2_500.jpg

tumblr_mndlunYzh21rvbmexo1_500.gif

"That's what you get for bein' smart."
tumblr_m95b0iLE5V1rr7dyto1_500.gif

"Peace out, bitches!"
dmc.gif

*DMC4 Dante comes in to see his past self lying on the ground*

tumblr_lyhsnjCxyy1qfriu3o1_500.gif