• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who is the strongest dante between the two?

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
i think old dante would win... even nero could win over him... but then fan boys and girls think that their favorite character would win... old dante experienced devil hunter versus new dante... not much really history background..... and there is nero most people hate but hey u got to admit nero is pretty strong for 7/8 of human and 1/8 of demon lol

I thought he was 1/4 demon. Let's me do the math

Vergil-Half demon

Nero's mom-implied to be full human

Yeah, Quarter demon

death vador

DMC2 dante glides. he doesnt truly fly...either that or i've been doing it wrong

remember when u r glidin you are fallin down but slower and if u knw how 2 do it u can use ascend not only descend

if you remember correctly in a cut scene when lucia was fallin dante saves her by turnin into a devil and in that cut scene u can see him flying

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
remember when u r glidin you are fallin down but slower and if u knw how 2 do it u can use ascend not only descend

if you remember correctly in a cut scene when lucia was fallin dante saves her by turnin into a devil and in that cut scene u can see him flying

only for a second. when playing the game he could jump then, we descended slowly

death vador

only for a second. when playing the game he could jump then, we descended slowly

dude if you put the amullet that allows dante to fly you can press X and he will ascend

the reason why dante descends when he is in the air is becouse they knew people will use the flight ability 2 run away from enemies

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Old Dante, but I think new Dante would give him a run for his money.

I mean even beings who are weaker could beat gods. We've seen it constantly in anime and cinema, so why not new Dante? It all depends on the circumstances, plot, and who's writing the actual fight.

Railazel

I thought he was 1/4 demon. Let's me do the math

Vergil-Half demon

Nero's mom-implied to be full human

Yeah, Quarter demon

Actually, the only way a race dilutes is if another race is introduced into a gene pool, so Nero is still a half- demon like Vergil.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Old Dante, but I think new Dante would give him a run for his money.

I mean even beings who are weaker could beat gods. We've seen it constantly in anime and cinema, so why not new Dante? It all depends on the circumstances, plot, and who's writing the actual fight.

Those are usually due to BS writing, plot convenience, or a deux machinima.

We are assessing 2 fighters stats, skills, and abilities to see who will win in a hypothetical fight this is not a story written fight where the writer can twist it however he wants but a calculated fight with no strings attached or bullsh*t.

So then DMC Dante will demolish DmC Dante no competition.

DMC Dante is faster, stronger, has greater durability, is smarter, more skilled in combat, more diversed abilities, and has better weapons.

DMC Dante defeated Demonic Gods who were at full power and even toyed with Argosax (a demon king) before finishing him off quite easily as well.

Dante will probably crush a full powered DmC Mundus.

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Those are usually due to BS writing, plot convenience, or a deux machinima.

But yet people consider that as such.

We are assessing 2 fighters stats, skills, and abilities to see who will win in a hypothetical fight this is not a story written fight where the writer can twist it however he wants but a calculated fight with no strings attached or bullsh*t.

But even so, we still wouldn't know because are we using the game version of the characters or are we doing this cutscene wise? and even so, which Dante are we using here? DMC3? DMC4? And then you also have to remember that stats differ from universe. Old Dante's stats could be nothing to new Dante in his universe. Both beat gods under circumstances, and both have taken wounds that would kill people.

So then DMC Dante will demolish DmC Dante no competition.

Again, if Nero could hold his own against Dante, then New Dante could do a hell of a lot better. Yeah, new Dante would lose, but not before f*ckin' up Old Dante good.

DMC Dante is faster, stronger, has greater durability, is smarter, more skilled in combat, more diversed abilities, and has better weapons.

Dante's actually not that fast. He just as fast reflexes. I don't see him instant transmission like Vergil during cutscenes. Yeah, Old Dante has great durability, but that doesn't mean he can't die. Old Dante isn't even smart. both are just idiots using brute strength and skill. True, but last time I checked, skill isn't always going to win the day. May I refer you back to Neji vs Naruto? That "Diverse ability" differs with every game so there's no exact skill he has. So just because he's got prettier weapons he's better? Plus his weapons also differ so there's no stationary weapons he carries on him besides his shotgun, handguns, and sword.

DMC Dante defeated Demonic Gods who were at full power and even toyed with Argosax (a demon king) before finishing him off quite easily as well.

DMC1 Dante defeated Mundus because he was still sealed and wasn't at full power. And again, what could be considered god in DMC's universe could be childs play in DmC. Plus, Argosax was during when DMC Dante was in DMC2 Dante, which is over-kill.

Dante will probably crush a full powered DmC Mundus.

True, because DmC's enemies are at DMC3 level, and depending on which DMC Dante you use, then yeah he could. But DMC3 Dante against DmC Mundus will probably be a problem for him.

death vador

we all knw that the old dante beat mundus fair and squere

1-mundus wanted 2 kill dante and virgil becouse after both dante and virgil awakened(the ability to becoume a devil), he knew that they were actually stronger than sparda himself.

2-sparda killed mundus when he was @ full power and dante was using the sparda sword when he defeated mundus

IncarnatedDemon

Dante was never fighting Nero seriously. The only time he got serious is when Nero was pummeling him, thats when Dante went Devil trigger to endure the damage, but otherwise he never went on the offensive with intent to kill.

Here we see DMC 4 Dante going for a kill but then again he was fighting fodders.

Also in beginning of DMC 4 we see Dante checking out Nero, whether he was a enemy or not. Even Nero said "I feel like youve been playing me from the start" i.e not taking him seriously.

Sure Dante broke a sweat with Nero, but that says more about how strong Nero is and not how weak Dante is. Considering Nero has demonic herritage or something.

Here you see an angry Dante
and Dante angry again

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Original, because he was designed as a Unbeatable badass while new dante is a more realistic one with a super natural feeL

Dante47

Considering that old Dante was practically a demonic god by the end of the original series, I'm going to place my bets on him. DmC Dante is going through a slow progression to becoming the cocky demon hunter we know.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Original Dante, DmC Dante whatever.
They both pale in comparison to Shin Megami tensei Dante. A fanfiction dante who can literally instant kill Gods who are planet f*ckers with just a stinger.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Well....

If we're referring to DmC Dante vs DMC4, DMC1 or DMC2 then the Dante from the original series would be stronger from experience hands down. DMC3 would be stronger slightly but the only reason why I think this is because of the lack of a true Devil Trigger for DmC Dante. Otherwise, they'd be equal.

Now, if the DmC series were to continue with multiple sequels like the original did, then I do think that eventually DmC Dante would be equal if not ridiculously stronger then the DMC1 Dante and further. For god's sakes the dudes half-angle half-demon. Seriously, if that's not the concoction for a super overly powerful character I don't know what is. That's just a hunch though made at 5 in the morning. Who knows what could've been in store for DmC in the future.

Top Bottom