• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you all think of nero?

How did you feel about Nero?

• Loved him

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hated him

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Zato-OW

King
I think a lot of people are mad(DMC 1-3 fans before 4) about Nero and DMC4 because the trailers made it seem like a totally different game then what it actually was. Well the trailers before the yamato showed up. DMC3 Dante and Nero are alot alike. At first Dante and Nero didn't give a damn about sparda but by the end of the game they admired him, They both are cocky kids that talked alot of smack and didn't care what anybody thought. They wear somewhat of the same hair style. Nero is alot more serious and alot less suicidal then Dante.Im sure there are more about them being alike just too lazy. For me DMC4 seemed un DMCish

Sparda™

Zato-OW;93840 said:
I think a lot of people are mad(DMC 1-3 fans before 4) about Nero and DMC4 because the trailers made it seem like a totally different game then what it actually was. Well the trailers before the yamato showed up. DMC3 Dante and Nero are alot alike. At first Dante and Nero didn't give a damn about sparda but by the end of the game they admired him, They both are cocky kids that talked alot of smack and didn't care what anybody thought. They wear somewhat of the same hair style. Nero is alot more serious and alot less suicidal then Dante.Im sure there are more about them being alike just too lazy. For me DMC4 seemed un DMCish

I have to agree on that. May I also add that the contained character which Nero sometimes showed, were bits of Vergil's persona.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Loved him he was a perfect counterbalance for Dantes new super smugness.

Seriously though what happened to our hero after 1? DMC2 was one extreme and 3 was the other extreme and now that is so popular it will never ever change :(

Anyways loved him reminded me of the old cheesy original.

Sparda™

^ I really can't see him being the counterweight on all this. Devil May Cry 3 Dante was just awesome. Mixing DMC1 and DMC3 Dante resulted in pure awesomeness in DMC4. Basically, Dante was the only character which gave light to the second prequel of the saga.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Two, what you don't seem to understand is that Nero feels like little more than an invasion of the series, he's not given a real introduction, it's not even really told why he's involved in the story in the first place.

He is involved in the order(the bad guys), thats why he is involved, to stop them.

He's an intrusion into the series for the true DMC fans, Dante made Devil May Cry, Capcom get bored, so they throw in a new character, but what they forgot is that Dante is the definition of Devil May Cry, not some new boy who's basically a reskinned Dante. (Face it, it's true, he looks like Dante, acts like Dante, talks smack like Dante and attacks like Dante.)

Dante is not neccesaraly the "definition" of DMC

I personally gave him a chance, and I still hated him, Nero is the character that killed Devil May Cry for me, and I'm sure for others too, if he's in Devil May Cry 5, it'll be the game that I'm not buying, the only exception to that would be if Vergil was made playable as compensation for having to put up with a whiny, snot nosed brat who's trying to be too much like Dante.[/QUOTE]

Saying you wont buy the next game for that is childish.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I do agree with all you Dante lovers, but Nero(while no Virgil, by any stretch) was still a good character.

But they should have kept him out of sparda's bloodline, done somthing new.

I liked him, and I played 3 first.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Bladesofhell;93942 said:
Saying you wont buy the next game for that is childish.
No, it really isn't. Im not gonna spend my money on something I don't want. How is that childish? I want another Dante game, and if DMC5 is another Nero game, then guess what, im not buying it. It has nothing to do with being childish.
Like what Angelo Credo said, I gave him a chance and I still don't like him, so why the heck would I buy another game that's dominated by a character I don't even like?

Sparda™

Actually, Mrs. Wesker here and Angelo Credo are right. I'm not going to spend money for Nero, and I wanna see Dante in the spotlight, with all of his bada$$ery taking on demons.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Thank you to the people that agree with me, it's not at all childish to not buy DMC 5 if Nero is in it, I hated Nero, so therefore I refuse to pay for a game with a lead character I despised in the first place, it's as simple as that.

I also don't see why Nero has to be involved with Sparda's bloodline, I mean, that doesn't bother me too much, I just don't understand it myself, it just seems like Nero is taking up space where he isn't welcome for a significant portion of the Fanbase.

Really, I know I've said it before, but wen I started playing DMC 4 and heard Nero talk smack, I though, "Hang on, I've seen this guy before...Oh right! It's Dante from DMC 3!"

That's what first came to my head, Capcom didn't portray the character in a way that would make me like him and it's as simple as that, he feels too much like Dante in terms of cocky attitude and looks too much like a mesh of Vergil and Dante to be considered the "new guy".

Sparda™

^ Exactly! No originality in him.

Besides, what did he bring to the series. He was just thrown there without a past, without a history. Plain mystery.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ Precisely Dante! He had no real backstory, nothing was revealed about him, no history, presumably his parents were killed if he's with Kyrie and the now deceased Credo, what happened to his parents? Why has he got such an attitude? How did Nero even come into contact with Kyrie and Credo in the first place?

We know nothing about him, he's unoriginal, has no background, he's a ghost, nothing, there is nothing in the game that defines him in the slightest!

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
I do think that you have a good point about why you hate Nero so much.

He shouldn't have messed with sparda's bloodline, or the Yamato.
Yamato was my favorite DMC sword, so seeing Nero using it wrong sort of hurt...I died inside when I learned of how Yamato would be wielded in 4(Not even a main weapon!!!!!)

But I can see capcom doing alot with Nero, like ressurecting Virgil thru him or somthing(would you haters play 5 if that was the case?). I can also see capcom ruining him in some stupid way.
I also see that most of Nero's fans are new to the series.

I still say he has potential, but Virgil would have been better.

Zato-OW

King
I just don't understand if they were going to bring in a new character why involve him in Sparda's bloodline. They couldve added so much more to the series if there was another powerful demon out there as strong as Sparda that was involved with Sparda as in killed by Sparda or friends. But making Nero a decendant of him was a bad idea, well to me it was.

Sparda™

^ It has pretty much screwed up the whole Sparda bloodline and Vergil's character. I really don't know in how in the world the Dark Slayer will come back in the series.

slapsus

Well Nero isn't exactly an all-new addition to the series, as he has quite a few similarities with both Dante and Vergil, but he's not at all bad.

I say he's a great character and he'll be great in future DMC games.

All 3 are kick A$$ :p

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Angelo Credo;94121 said:
Thank you to the people that agree with me, it's not at all childish to not buy DMC 5 if Nero is in it, I hated Nero, so therefore I refuse to pay for a game with a lead character I despised in the first place, it's as simple as that.

I also don't see why Nero has to be involved with Sparda's bloodline, I mean, that doesn't bother me too much, I just don't understand it myself, it just seems like Nero is taking up space where he isn't welcome for a significant portion of the Fanbase.

Really, I know I've said it before, but wen I started playing DMC 4 and heard Nero talk smack, I though, "Hang on, I've seen this guy before...Oh right! It's Dante from DMC 3!"

That's what first came to my head, Capcom didn't portray the character in a way that would make me like him and it's as simple as that, he feels too much like Dante in terms of cocky attitude and looks too much like a mesh of Vergil and Dante to be considered the "new guy".
...You're awsome. Ya know what? You've been making the best points in this topic. Plus rep. :cool:

logokas

Whoever has said 'Virgil' while referring to VErgil, has no right to bash Nero.

Saying Virgil is like mocking Vergil for not having gotten laid yet.

Top Bottom