• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you all think of nero?

How did you feel about Nero?

• Loved him

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hated him

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Virgil was better....

Maby they created Nero so he could somhow get Virgil back frum hell?
That's why he has Yamato?

Sparda™

^ Too weak as a possibility. Vergil will probably come back on his own from the Underworld, changed, with newfound powers.

Enigmatic_soldier

Evolve today!
Nero is a clone of Dante and if capcom is thinking of changing Vergil for Nero capcom is going in the rong way they have to bring Vergil back for us and if they are thinking to keep Nero well then bring Vergil back to its not fair bring Vergil back please:)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Dante Aseroth;93647 said:
^ Too weak as a possibility. Vergil will probably come back on his own from the Underworld, changed, with newfound powers.
Yeah, but im kinda sad about it. It'd be kick *** to have him back, but even though they're twins their connection may have faded. It's been 10 years, im hoping that connection will still be there. If not, im gonna miss that immature teenage sibling fighting. I mean yeah they're still gonna be rivals and fight, but it won't be the same. You guys don't know how much I enjoy their silly little conversations.

"Give me that."
"No way, you got your own."
"Well I want yours too."

Priceless, unreplacable, and all that.

"You sure know how to throw a party, no food, no drinks, and the only babe just left."
"My sincerest apologies brother. I was so eager to see you I...couldn't consentrate on preperations for the bash."
"Whatever."
*Sniffle* DMC will never be the same. I guess i'll just have to rely on good fanfics to entertain me.

NEROROCKS

Since when did Nero only be interesting from aspects of Dante and Vergil. one of the major plot lines of this game is Nero finding out that the whole life he is leading is a lie as he thinks the order are against demons, not trying to resurrect them, so for a start nothing to do with Kyrie or his arm, or the twins.
Secondly he wasn't a demon hunter in the way we class Dante or how he becomes at the end of the game, he goes out on jobs as part of the order as they took him in as a child you can tell from his attitude the order itselfs beliefs don't always really wash with him, once him and Kyrie are fine at the end he could just live happily ever after with her but he talks to Dante like he wants to see him again hinting he would now like to help as a proper demon hunter.
As for compassionate for a start he could just go and kick Credo's *** the minute he challenges him but he is worried for Kyrie's sake, secondly at the end if Kyrie really hadn't have wanted to be with him he would have backed off, last time i looked compassionate meant caring for others feelings more than you're own, a point i have just proven.
I'm also sick of people across the boards claiming he as no personality, if he didn't he'd talk in droning monologue from beginning to end of the game no matter what the situation. Instead we have scenes of utter wit and sarcasm on a par with other scenes of intense love, sincerity, nobleness, COMPASSION, and a spirit that can take all the knocks and rejection of his arm, the knowledge that is life is a lie, and still not be held back or conquered
Sorry again for this rant but Nero's character as affected me in a way nothing as for a very long time, and he gets me mad that people wont give him a chance just cos he upset the apple cart and was the lead character.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
^ One, paragraph yourself and punctuate properly, it's painful to read your arguments.

Two, what you don't seem to understand is that Nero feels like little more than an invasion of the series, he's not given a real introduction, it's not even really told why he's involved in the story in the first place.

He's an intrusion into the series for the true DMC fans, Dante made Devil May Cry, Capcom get bored, so they throw in a new character, but what they forgot is that Dante is the definition of Devil May Cry, not some new boy who's basically a reskinned Dante. (Face it, it's true, he looks like Dante, acts like Dante, talks smack like Dante and attacks like Dante.)

I personally gave him a chance, and I still hated him, Nero is the character that killed Devil May Cry for me, and I'm sure for others too, if he's in Devil May Cry 5, it'll be the game that I'm not buying, the only exception to that would be if Vergil was made playable as compensation for having to put up with a whiny, snot nosed brat who's trying to be too much like Dante.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ I agree with you in certain aspects... Seems they are adding Nero in, just because Dante is getting older... That's NOT right. I expect that NEROROCKS started playing 4 before the others, and probably first saw Nero as the greatest character. Newbies to Dmc usually class Nero as the greatest... They need to get to know the series for what they are... Dante rules.... enough said.

Keaton

Premium
^agree love Dante :D

(well not as much as Virgil =p)

-but Nero needs more Dante-eque moments, some cockyness...some reallly cool stunts lol. Nero would never allow Echidna to eat him, Dante is uber cool...Nero needs it too :D

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Angelo Credo;93723 said:
^ One, paragraph yourself and punctuate properly, it's painful to read your arguments.

Two, what you don't seem to understand is that Nero feels like little more than an invasion of the series, he's not given a real introduction, it's not even really told why he's involved in the story in the first place.

He's an intrusion into the series for the true DMC fans, Dante made Devil May Cry, Capcom get bored, so they throw in a new character, but what they forgot is that Dante is the definition of Devil May Cry, not some new boy who's basically a reskinned Dante. (Face it, it's true, he looks like Dante, acts like Dante, talks smack like Dante and attacks like Dante.)

I personally gave him a chance, and I still hated him, Nero is the character that killed Devil May Cry for me, and I'm sure for others too, if he's in Devil May Cry 5, it'll be the game that I'm not buying, the only exception to that would be if Vergil was made playable as compensation for having to put up with a whiny, snot nosed brat who's trying to be too much like Dante.
I agree. And what we meant about Nero's personal and story is that other than what reminds us of the twins, there is nothing special about him.
^ I agree with you in certain aspects... Seems they are adding Nero in, just because Dante is getting older... That's NOT right. I expect that NEROROCKS started playing 4 before the others, and probably first saw Nero as the greatest character. Newbies to Dmc usually class Nero as the greatest... They need to get to know the series for what they are... Dante rules.... enough said.
I agree with that too. ;)

Top Bottom