• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you all think of nero?

How did you feel about Nero?

• Loved him

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hated him

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
evilweevle;92743 said:
jesus i cant believe that all of you got so offended by nero just because he is a cliche character. and where is this massively deep plot that you all speak of in the previous games? Dante is just as much of an archetype character as nero yet he apparently has as much depth of the ocean according to some of you. surely the reason that you guys play DMC is not for the amazingly gripping storyline but for the awesome bosses, sweet cutscenes, brilliant weapons and just overall kickass action.

basically all the DMC games have equated to - bad guy wants to create hell on earth, Dante (and co) stops him.

not exactly advanced quantum physics

We're mad because Nero basically f**ks up the series in a way. Now everything the twins are envolved in Nero has to be a part of it too, with his bootleg a$$. :dry:

And yes, DMC did have a deep plot and a crapload of plotholes. That's one thing that ticks me off about Capcom. They make plotholes and then instead of filling them in, in the next game, they freakin make more plot holes. Who the hell is Nero?

The entire game of DMC4 was, "Yo, this is Nero, he loves his foster sister, he has demon blood and a demon arm." I've said it before and i'll say it again. Does it really take 20 damn missions to state all that???!! Hell all of that is stated in the little bonus book they gave us with the game purchase! I waited 2 years for that?!

Sparda™

^ Seriously, Nero didn't need that much of attention, that much, to replace Dante as a protagonist. Vergil was introduced as a non-playable character, as the antagonist in DMC3: Dante's Awakening, and when Capcom saw the popularity he brought, they made him a playable character in the Special Edition.

NEROROCKS

Why as this thread even been made if all you are going to do is criticise Nero.

There as got to be other people out there like me who thinks he is a compassionate, funny character, with great integrity who will do anything for the people he loves and cares about.

Quite frankly these people who say there is nothing to his character are obviously missing the journey we see him go through from an headstrong young lad, to a young man who at the end when he is talking to Dante as realised the goal he wants his life to pursue as a Devil Hunter.

So can we stop bagging him and have some proper discussions please.

Quite honestly most of you are just biased cause Dante wasn't the lead role. (no offence to Dante as i love him too.)

Sparda™

^ Huh?:huh:

Dante is Devil May Cry and Devil May Cry is Dante. There's no other person replacing that. Especially, a new character entering without an introduction to the series.

Keaton

Premium
Loved Nero.

After a while playing as Dante will be the same as taking control of God - he can't be stopped. Bringing Nero in returns the fragility of playing against such impossible odds (s-t-s).

After all, if you have ever cheated at a game and unlocked invunrability or infinite ammo you will know how borning it gets -- it is also why DMD and HoH exists... =p

ps.

Devil Arm/Buster is something Dante would love for bosses =p (can you imagine what Nero would've done to Mundus?)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
NEROROCKS;93049 said:

There as got to be other people out there like me who thinks he is a compassionate, funny character, with great integrity who will do anything for the people he loves and cares about.

Quite frankly these people who say there is nothing to his character are obviously missing the journey we see him go through from an headstrong young lad, to a young man who at the end when he is talking to Dante as realised the goal he wants his life to pursue as a Devil Hunter.

Quite honestly most of you are just biased cause Dante wasn't the lead role. (no offence to Dante as i love him too.)
...Dude, the name of the topic is, "What do you think of Nero?" of course there is gonna be critisism. We're ****ed that Capcom would be dumb enough to blow off a character that brought so much to the series, both twins, so of course we're gonna be mad that one of the twins wern't the main character to Sparda's legacy.

And Nero was a Demon hunter way before Dante even showed up. He really didn't change or mature or anything. All he developed was respect for Dante, like all of Dante's other fans.

And what's so compassionate about Nero? And give us something that makes Nero so special that doesn't have to do with the twins other than his arm and love interest.

Im not trying to be mean, I just think that Capcom should have given it more thought before they brought Nero into the picture.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Lots of emotion in this thread, glad I gave you all a chance to argue so passionately!!

Anyway Nero has more Love votes right now, so I guess you all didn't hate him that much.

In my opinion, he is alot better than Lucia frum DMC2.

Sparda™

Bladesofhell;93107 said:
Anyway Nero has more Love votes right now, so I guess you all didn't hate him that much.

You forgot to mention the Don't care ones, which are kinda like disregarding Nero's presence to the series, and adding them the hate ones, makes Nero less loved...

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
NEROROCKS;93049 said:

Look, I think what got most of our backs up with Nero is the fact that he was thrown in with no introduction and replaced the character that MADE Devil May Cry.

It's like this, picture yourself coming home and finding a Walrus sitting at your table in the place of say, your brother, except you're the only one that notices and there is no reason given to why it's even there in the first place, it just takes up space and you're left wondering what the hell happened to the brother you loved.

It's like that with die hard DMC fans, Nero replaced what always made Devil May Cry, he replaced Dante, the badass demon slayer who was full of attitude and took down beasties 20 times his own height with ease, and he gets replaced after such character success by some snot nosed little brat chasing his cardboard love interest throughout a good part of the game.

And even the bits that did include Dante basically was nothing like any other DMC game, there was no real plot around Dante and game time with him was limited at best.

You've also got the Vergil fans who, after the character's insane success in DMC 3, got booted out almost immediately, a lot of Vergil fans were hoping to see him return in DMC 4, instead they're stuck with a Vergil/Dante look-a-like with none of the personality and who happens to take Vergil's blade for his own.

I could expand more, but I think you get the gist of things by now.

Sparda™

Angelo Credo summed up all what was needed to say. It is pointless going further in this discussion. What was said about Nero, was said.^_^

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
^Seriously, almost everything I admire from Nero isn't anything the twins haven't already laid out.

Dante Aseroth;93214 said:
You forgot to mention the Don't care ones, which are kinda like disregarding Nero's presence to the series, and adding them the hate ones, makes Nero less loved...
Exactly.

Look, I think what got most of our backs up with Nero is the fact that he was thrown in with no introduction and replaced the character that MADE Devil May Cry.

It's like this, picture yourself coming home and finding a Walrus sitting at your table in the place of say, your brother, except you're the only one that notices and there is no reason given to why it's even there in the first place, it just takes up space and you're left wondering what the hell happened to the brother you loved.

It's like that with die hard DMC fans, Nero replaced what always made Devil May Cry, he replaced Dante, the badass demon slayer who was full of attitude and took down beasties 20 times his own height with ease, and he gets replaced after such character success by some snot nosed little brat chasing his cardboard love interest throughout a good part of the game.

And even the bits that did include Dante basically was nothing like any other DMC game, there was no real plot around Dante and game time with him was limited at best.

You've also got the Vergil fans who, after the character's insane success in DMC 3, got booted out almost immediately, a lot of Vergil fans were hoping to see him return in DMC 4, instead they're stuck with a Vergil/Dante look-a-like with none of the personality and who happens to take Vergil's blade for his own.

I could expand more, but I think you get the gist of things by now.
You totaly just scored brownie points with me.

Angelo Credo summed up all what was needed to say. It is pointless going further in this discussion. What was said about Nero, was said.
What about all that stuff I said. D8

Top Bottom