• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What did you all think of nero?

How did you feel about Nero?

• Loved him

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Hated him

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • don't care

Votes: 15 37.5%

• Total voters

Sparda™

NEROROCKS;92534 said:
HI I am a new member to this forum, and i have felt compelled to join cause i am sick of some of the rubbish about Nero.

I loved Nero since the minute i saw him, he is not a copy, clone or imitation of Dante he is a new fresh addition to the game.

Let's face it half the posts on here aren't about to understand him when they still think he's a reincarnation of Sparda or Vergil. Listen and take in the story some of you out there and you might understand him a bit better.

As for the love story, have any of you out there ever had someone you care about that much taken away from you and never thought you'd see them again, especially when he hadn't ever got to tell her how much he loves her. We're not talking about being abducted by local thugs here we're talking about full on demons. Nero knows what they are capable of, especially when he had a run in with Agnus on mission 6, so i think he is justified in worrying about her, if you think of all the times he shouts her name she is always in danger.

Last but not least, i have seen on this forum before that when people of said things about Dante they have been warned about it, so can we not have immature comments about him being run over you're just showing how childish and immature you are.

Sorry my first post is a rant and i look forward to chatting to all you great guys out there who love the game and understand it.

Nero could have been a much better character If he wouldn't be messed with the whole Sparda's blood and Yamato. He needed originality, and that is what he lacks. Capcom miserably failed in obtaining an original character.

Zato-OW

King
I don't like Nero well hes ok but they really messed him up. It wouldve been better if they pulled away from the whole Sparda thing this time around and let Nero be an entirely new character. His game play is good but it gets very boring after awhile, i cant even play 2 missions with him without wanting to switch back to Dante. Once again capcom lied about Dante aswell saying they were tired of having Dante involved with his family and DMC4 was gonna take a break from that which wasn't the case.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
They do need to bring Virgil back.

Badass'est charecter in the game, GONE?????

Why do they do this, can't even play as sparda in DMC4.....

Zato-OW

King
Ive seen a lot of DMC poles where Nero falls short as the most loved character and its almost tied with Vergil and Dante. Capcom knows about Vergils fanbase they even admitted to being suprised on how popular he has gotten and how he can match Dante's fanbase. This is why he will return. So you all can stop hoping its gonna happen because it will happen.

Sparda™

Vergil will definitely make his comeback to the series. Capcom would be making a hara-kiri If he would be wasted as a character...:lol:

evilweevle

jesus i cant believe that all of you got so offended by nero just because he is a cliche character. and where is this massively deep plot that you all speak of in the previous games? Dante is just as much of an archetype character as nero yet he apparently has as much depth of the ocean according to some of you. surely the reason that you guys play DMC is not for the amazingly gripping storyline but for the awesome bosses, sweet cutscenes, brilliant weapons and just overall kickass action.

basically all the DMC games have equated to - bad guy wants to create hell on earth, Dante (and co) stops him.

not exactly advanced quantum physics

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
I just see this getting more and more off topic! We're all talking about Vergil now!

Although admitedly it's certainly an improvement as oppossed to talking about Nero, Capcom would really be shooting themselves in the foot if they ditched a character that had such a HUGE fanbase after such a short amount of time: Vergil.

Now he was fresh, original, I loved his sarcastic, cynical and cold attitude, those traits made him my favourite character in seconds, but Nero...He's arrogant, head over heels in love with a cardboard cutout, (I really am starting to wear that joke down now.) and has the depth equivilant of a puddle.

He's FAR too generic, blinded foolishly by love, which is never a good motivating tool for a DMC storyline, he possesses the intelligence of a flea at times and, as I'm sure MANY of you have noticed, at least 85-90% of Nero's attack quotes, battle quotes and taunts are taken from Dante and Vergil.

EG: Nero executing Streak, often ends up in him shouting "Scum!" or "Be gone!".

Also during him executing Split, often ends up in him shouting such things as "Get outta here!", a quote used by Dante during a good number of his moves in DMC 1, 3 and even during the Swordmaster Rebellion combo where he launches them away from him in an almost baseball like fashion on the last move.

Nero is a generic copy through and through, there is nothing original about him and there never was.

Top Bottom