• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Would it kill you to be a good manager for once?

Why do you shįt on me from great heights on a consistent basis?

You’re two faced and so full of crap and you don’t care about your own staff. Stop false smiling and just admit that your people skills are non existent and you’re not cut out for the job.

In the nicest way possible, you pįss me off!
I had a boss like that before the changes. After the change, I had a better boss, who was one of us! :D

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
People are quick to scorn vaccines but when a virus pops up, like this new one everyone is talking about, they panic.

Such consistency.

Nobody panics when things go according to plan. Even if the plan is horrifying.

See a fool, leave a fool as my great-grandma use to say. If stupid want to die on their own pathetic terms, that is their idiotic choice. I just hope they keep others out of it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The Coronovirus seems to have already escaped China well before we even heard about it. But the W.H.O. were umming and ahhing about whether or not to classify it a serious outbreak up until a couple of days ago. Just what we need, a committee that worries about semantics while the virus goes nuts worldwide. Hopeless.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If stupid want to die on their own pathetic terms, that is their idiotic choice. I just hope they keep others out of it

That's the problem with antivax people. By definition, they can't keep others out of it. Their choice doesn't hurt just themselves. By refusing to take vaccines, they can become living carriers of all kind of diseases and the more of those people are around, the weaker herd immunity becomes for the rest of the populace.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
If stupid want to die on their own pathetic terms, that is their idiotic choice. I just hope they keep others out of it.
That's the problem with antivax people. By definition, they can't keep others out of it. Their choice doesn't hurt just themselves. By refusing to take vaccines, they can become living carriers of all kind of diseases and the more of those people are around, the weaker herd immunity becomes for the rest of the populace.

What Fox said, tbh. My mother has an autoimmune disease which means that, even with vaccines, mum catches literally every illness she comes into contact with--her immune system is just that weak. Both of us are allergic to the vaccine for the flu and can't take it. However, because everyone we're in frequent contact with can take it, their immunity means we don't get the flu very often. That's the purpose of herd immunity: to keep everyone, including people with vulnerable immune systems, from getting sick. But when a large group of people choose not to get vaccinated for no reason other than idiocy, they run the risk of making everyone sick. By default they're not keeping their opinions to themselves, they're being irresponsible and endangering others.

--

Rant:
If I'd known she had no intention of fixing up the spare room, I wouldn't've put my sewing stuff into storage. I wanna do needlework, I have no idea which box it's in. >_<

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
People who get to refuse vaccines don't appreciate the absolute privilege they have to be able to make that choice, regardless of how utterly selfish it is. There are still too many out there for whom vaccines are either incompatible or unaffordable.

I will never ever understand the anti vaxxers. Especially the ones who spout autism as a reason to not vaccinate - which is laughable given how there is zero link. As a parent of a child who is pretty far gone on the spectrum, I still vaccinate and always will. I'd rather have a child with autism than a dead child.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
The Coronovirus seems to have already escaped China well before we even heard about it. But the W.H.O. were umming and ahhing about whether or not to classify it a serious outbreak up until a couple of days ago. Just what we need, a committee that worries about semantics while the virus goes nuts worldwide. Hopeless.
The thing is, they don't want panic. They want to see if it is a wide-spread issue, before declaring "emergency." The reason for this, is that some viruses aren't easy to contain. Ebola for another example isn't easy to contain, there's no real cure for it.
People who get to refuse vaccines don't appreciate the absolute privilege they have to be able to make that choice, regardless of how utterly selfish it is. There are still too many out there for whom vaccines are either incompatible or unaffordable.

I will never ever understand the anti vaxxers. Especially the ones who spout autism as a reason to not vaccinate - which is laughable given how there is zero link. As a parent of a child who is pretty far gone on the spectrum, I still vaccinate and always will. I'd rather have a child with autism than a dead child.
That stumps me, also, because autism isn't a disease. It's actually a blessing if you got a friend that has it. A doctor with Autism is even a bigger blessing than you'd think. Those people think outside of the box. I urge anyone curious to find "The Good Doctor."

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
This is going to seem very ironic all things considered, but aaaaa, I can't tell if my communication issues the last couple days is autism going "none of these people make sense and we're not even going to try; either you zone out and retain nothing of any of these conversations or we're going into immediate overstim and sensory overload" and the rest of my brain's just going "sure, sounds good; we're out" or if I just don't have the mental energy this week. I don't like either of these options. It's annoying, especially while trying to chat with rp partners. Gdi brain. ...I wanna go to bed early. But at least I'm not currently in overstim...so...thank the gods for small miracles I guess.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
The thing is, they don't want panic. They want to see if it is a wide-spread issue, before declaring "emergency." The reason for this, is that some viruses aren't easy to contain. Ebola for another example isn't easy to contain, there's no real cure for it.

I understand, but the hallmarks of Corona being a real problem were there weeks ago and it was already being noticed and talked about all over the internet. The way China has been handling it has led to panic among many people there anyway. I doubt they are giving us the real numbers from over there.

We are probably going to need much better early warning systems that are taken seriously and methods of dealing with it because I think this is going to become more common. (Incidentally RT just reported that bird flu has broken out again in China now, on top of the Corona outbreak. No human cases reported as yet but it says H5N1 has been reported on farms in the last few days). If anything, watching the Corona coverage over the last couple of weeks has shown that containment is useless if some form of travel check or restriction isn't going to be in place at the first sign of it. They didn't stop people travelling out of China or the infected region in planes until the last week or so, even though they knew the Corona was asymptomatic yet spreadable for weeks. The response of China to the outbreak was interesting though. Not even with the swine flu or the bird flu before have they responded in the way they did this time. And it hasn't helped, because it's already in dozens of countries now, including UK, grounded and spreading out from there.

There probably isn't anything to be done, besides maybe encouraging people to just stay home for a while and cease travel to danger regions. There was an infected individual bragging on twitter about avoiding quarantine just so they could go on holiday though. With things as they are, should an even deadlier virus appear, it'll be a disaster scenario.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I'ma slap the next **** who recommends "grandma methods" against headaches. Screw that nonsense. It's never worked for me, EVER. "Just sleep it off", yeah sure, every time I've done that I woke up still aching, sometimes it got even worse. I'll take a pill, thank you very much.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Why, no, I do not want to watch your demon-get first thing tomorrow morning. But I guess I have no choice right, because "working at home" apparently means "endless free time".

Full disclosure: Being a mom doesn't mean I like other people's kids--and my friend's kid is a constant reminder of that fact.

Fml...

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I understand, but the hallmarks of Corona being a real problem were there weeks ago and it was already being noticed and talked about all over the internet. The way China has been handling it has led to panic among many people there anyway. I doubt they are giving us the real numbers from over there.

We are probably going to need much better early warning systems that are taken seriously and methods of dealing with it because I think this is going to become more common. (Incidentally RT just reported that bird flu has broken out again in China now, on top of the Corona outbreak. No human cases reported as yet but it says H5N1 has been reported on farms in the last few days). If anything, watching the Corona coverage over the last couple of weeks has shown that containment is useless if some form of travel check or restriction isn't going to be in place at the first sign of it. They didn't stop people travelling out of China or the infected region in planes until the last week or so, even though they knew the Corona was asymptomatic yet spreadable for weeks. The response of China to the outbreak was interesting though. Not even with the swine flu or the bird flu before have they responded in the way they did this time. And it hasn't helped, because it's already in dozens of countries now, including UK, grounded and spreading out from there.

There probably isn't anything to be done, besides maybe encouraging people to just stay home for a while and cease travel to danger regions. There was an infected individual bragging on twitter about avoiding quarantine just so they could go on holiday though. With things as they are, should an even deadlier virus appear, it'll be a disaster scenario.
It's not just China themselves, it's the local media. Even here in U.S. the media hasn't reported the other strains you mentioned here. They only wanted to report on Coronavirus, for two reasons: More people know about it now, and it's a new strain (I know it's old, I meant to general public.)

I know it's sick, but the media preys on your emotions to get money. They cherry pick stories, and bury the other ones.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's not just China themselves, it's the local media. Even here in U.S. the media hasn't reported the other strains you mentioned here. They only wanted to report on Coronavirus, for two reasons: More people know about it now, and it's a new strain (I know it's old, I meant to general public.)

I know it's sick, but the media preys on your emotions to get money. They cherry pick stories, and bury the other ones.
They sure do. Ebola is still ongoing in parts of Africa but they've got bored reporting on it. I guess Corona and pandemic scenarios are selling more papers.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I find it maddening that thanks to crappy genes, it costs more than my holiday for two to Hungary to get new glasses prescribed.

Like, this isn't for cosmetic reasons - I literally cannot function visually without glasses. Even with NHS help, it's still close to £300.

My family doesn't cost that much to FEED in a MONTH.

Ugh...

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I’m actually going to go mad if I have to keep working overtime what feels like every single ****ing week.

I don’t care if it’s a little bit of extra money each month I’m physically exhausted with these 15 hour shifts followed by 12 hour shifts and my manager expecting me to do all the cover like sure I’ll just work every single day. Not like I don’t work 6 days a week anyway! And on top of all of THAT my manager apparently slag all of us off behind our backs saying we’re crap at our jobs etc

So glad I’m off next week, for real...

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wonder if people realise just how hurtful saying "compassion and sympathy are meaningless if you don't have empathy for others" is to someone who fluctuates wildly between being a low and high empathy autistic...like no, I can't put myself in your shoes, but I can acknowledge your point of view and that we have differing povs and I can still care about your position. Isn't that better than having the ability to put myself in your shoes and completely refusing to use it? Ffs...

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
First world problem inbound:

I have to change the tariff for my electricity supply. I tried calling up the company and spent 15 minutes not understanding a word each other were saying. So I opted for web chat instead.

45 minutes and four "agents" later, I am no closer to this nonsense getting sorted.

It's not supposed to be this complicated. Little irritations like this send me into rage overdrive and I'm a heartbeat away from smashing something with the frustration of other people's ineptitude.

In other parts of the world there are wars, famines, diseases and natural disasters. In my mine, there is British effing Gas.

Top Bottom