• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
Here's a full-on first world problem for you all:

My favourite perfume has a price-tag of £90 a bottle. I can only afford 30ml at a time.

Clearly, my life is over and I can never show my face in public again.

#dramallama :laugh:

:eek::eek:

I demand the staff to dismiss you from the post of a moderator that blue thingie! How dare you stay in such a position since you don't clearly have the certain capabilities!
*holding tight for my Gucci-Versace-Vuitton-fake bag (which cost half of my student loan)*

// Oh crap, she isn't a moderator. Am I screwed?

----

Just to let you know: I'm editing my own posts here and removing everything I said about the fight I had with someone. I'm not removing the posts completely so they can be tracked more easily if it's needed (if it's okay for the staff to leave them hanging there?). I've taken screenshots of them and I'm printing them out to prove what I've said and what I haven't said, but there's no need for them to stay here in public since I'm leaving this case for the police today and I don't want to drag other parties to this in any way. From now on, this is to be handled only by police and maybe prosecutor.

(No, I'm not in trouble. Someone else might be)

Edit. Went to the police station, decided not to file a report since they said I can very well do it, but the investigation could be tricky for one spesific reason. They told me to keep the evidence though since it might still be needed.
For some reason I'm actually relieved, because now there's an objective party who has seen it all and even though I didn't report after all, even chatting with the officer felt right.

Also, I'm amazed how smooth and sensitively the hearing was handled! They were so nice and understanding even though they didn't choose sides. :laugh:

Last edited:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
You ever just feel so full of emotions that you want to scream but you're afraid that you won't be able to stop screaming if you start, so you end up sitting there, dissociating horribly, unable to do anything at all? Yeah, it's one of those nights.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Eh, if you didn't like the first game then it doesn't seem like the KH franchise is for you fam.
To be fair, KH1 was a bit confusing and clunky. Just a little bit. KH2 was better especially if you complete all the levels. By the end of the game, you will fall in love with it. KH3 feels like one of those "two steps forward, one step backward" situations. I like most everything about the game, but the difficulty level was turned way, way down from KH2. I was half-way through KH3 when I finished renting it (Redbox).

For example, I like the battle with the doll for the music, and the difficulty. For me, it took a few tries to get it right. The spaceship toy boss battle was another hard one, because it forces you to fly to the ship, attack it, and wait for the weak point to come through. It's not extremely difficult, but it was annoying.

Last edited:

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
It's about 10am here on 25th Dec and I've been crying since last night. Merry fcking Christmas.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
What? Whhhy?

Nah, just that it's Christmas, the most difficult time of the year for me, and a simple misunderstanding was enough for me to get pretty upset. But it's OK now. And the holidays are soon over, so it's getting easier for me.

I don't actually hate Christmas time, I love it, but I hate all the memories it reminds me of. Seeing a bottle of wine is enough to startle me, or hearing a family fight in a TV show. Not to mention hints about domestic violence and such.
You know, some kids never actually had a happy christmas, and they grow up to be adults whose only childhood memories about this time of the year are somehow related to alcohol, parents fighting, the sound of shattering glass, crying and escaping through the night without shoes.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Nah, just that it's Christmas, the most difficult time of the year for me, and a simple misunderstanding was enough for me to get pretty upset. But it's OK now. And the holidays are soon over, so it's getting easier for me.

I don't actually hate Christmas time, I love it, but I hate all the memories it reminds me of. Seeing a bottle of wine is enough to startle me, or hearing a family fight in a TV show. Not to mention hints about domestic violence and such.
You know, some kids never actually had a happy christmas, and they grow up to be adults whose only childhood memories about this time of the year are somehow related to alcohol, parents fighting, the sound of shattering glass, crying and escaping through the night without shoes.
Whatever, however you like or dislike TheQuartering, but that video, just listen.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
That wonderful feeling when you get on a train after multiple delays only to find out three quarters of the way into the journey that the train will terminate two stops away from your destination. Without warning or announcement.

Ugh...

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
That wonderful feeling when you get on a train after multiple delays only to find out three quarters of the way into the journey that the train will terminate two stops away from your destination. Without warning or announcement.

Ugh...
I know right? I've had similar situations. Sometimes, you planned to go somewhere, and your train comes delayed without any explanation until the last 5 minutes or 10 minutes. Sometimes during cold weather.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I know right? I've had similar situations. Sometimes, you planned to go somewhere, and your train comes delayed without any explanation until the last 5 minutes or 10 minutes. Sometimes during cold weather.
It's so regular with our train line lately - so much so that they are completely overhauling how they do things next year because of the overwhelmingly bad service.

Last time I was stranded it took over 4 hours to make a 50 minute journey...it was almost freezing, raining and I had my disabled son with me, crying his eyes out because he was so tired and confused. At least this time it was just a case of waiting another 10 minutes to get a replacement train home from where I was dumped.

They want people to use public transport more...but it sucks.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
It's so regular with our train line lately - so much so that they are completely overhauling how they do things next year because of the overwhelmingly bad service.

Last time I was stranded it took over 4 hours to make a 50 minute journey...it was almost freezing, raining and I had my disabled son with me, crying his eyes out because he was so tired and confused. At least this time it was just a case of waiting another 10 minutes to get a replacement train home from where I was dumped.

They want people to use public transport more...but it sucks.
Public Transportation is a good thing, but it sounds like infrastructure in your area is horrendous. We have infrastructure in Silicon Valley (which runs from San Francisco, all the way down to San Jose, which is the size of 5 to 7 cities in between.) But sometimes, they don't tell us anything until like, 10 minutes later or something like that. We get PSA's on mic, and those signs you see on freeways? Those, but electronically.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ah, winter. Season of cold, sneezing, cold, sore throat, cold, frozen hands, cold, snot, cold, cumbersome overdressing, cold, sensitive nose, cold...

**** winter. I hate this season.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
This is my fifth bronchitis in two years time, and the eighth time I've got some kind of a lung illness. In two years.

I'm a tad too tired for this, and not only because I'm starting to feel feverish and having trouble breathing. Let's see if I'm going to cough up blood again. :dead:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
During the last year of being ill with rheumatic symptoms I did a lot of research on it, looking at science papers and stuff.

They still don't know exactly what causes it, but they do know that having a calorie-restricted diet helps. I tried this in August-October and it did seem to help the symptoms. Unfortunately RA is permanent once you have it and even if the source of it like an infection is gone, the body's immune system is hypersensitive from that point on. I'm getting a flare-up of it again after Christmas, probably because I ate more than I normally would. I'm going to go back to intermittent fasting and off days of no eating for a bit.

Another interesting thing I found from the science is that fasting extends your life. They did hundred of studies and found a link between cancer and telomere length and fasting, and that cancer and ageing effects are reduced when you eat less and less often in the day. So not only does it help RA symptoms for someone like me, but it doesn't really have any downsides, provided you don't overdo it.

This is great to know, but it also sucks because I love cake.

therogis

ʙʟᴏᴏᴅ ғᴏʀ ғʀᴇᴇᴅᴏᴍ
There was a traineeship position available in the Supreme Administrative Court of Finland. My best friend got it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not jealous. I didn't even apply. I still have my bachelor's thesis to write, so I didn't even fulfill the requirements. I was all happy for her and ready to throw a party, because getting selected for a Junior Trainee position in a freaking Supreme Court is a dream come true for any law student.
Just that she informed me that she's moving to Helsinki (the capital) at the end of January, because traveling to work by train every day would take too long if she stayed here.

I knew this was coming some day, since she's ahead of me with her studies and I know she's the kind of person who doesn't bother staying years in one place. She's a traveler, an adventurer. I just thought that we would have at least a year more.

She's the one who got me through my freshman year. The first one to ask my name when I was getting lost at the campus. She's the one who gave me a private lecture about a super important Private International Law lesson which I couldn't attend because of fever. She's the one I shared my lecture notes with.

Also, I was going to launch a small business during the next summer and I was going to ask if she would like to have a 50 % share of it, but now it doesn't matter anymore. I've got to find a new business partner, but I don't really have much to choose from. I've got two other friends, but I would rather keep them out. As for all the other students at the campus, it's a matter of trust. I won't give half of the business to someone I don't know well enough. I could make a deal for a 49 % share to keep myself on the charge, but I don't think any law student would agree to my other terms on that.
Also, sharing the company unequally would mean that I would have to make it an LTD, which I don't want to do because of taxation and such.

I'm trying to keep myself busy thinking about a new business partner rather than the farewell party we're gonna throw for her with a bunch of other people. I've never cried for money, but when it comes to goodbyes, I'm like a damn waterfall. If I can assure to myself that "it's only business, not personal", everything's fine.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
The amount of dissociating I've been doing regarding my brother is...alarming. Granted, he was out of my life for about 22 years, but it's also been a little over a year since we started talking... And I still don't know what I feel vs. what I'm "supposed" to feel.

There was a good reason for him being banished from my life, but he was also a teen then, and regardless of how ****ed up he is now (because drugs), he's still not whoever he was back then.

But he also can never have a real place in my life, and in all honesty, when he says he loves me, I can't say it back. I used to, but the more I did, the more I realized I didn't--and I'm not in the habit of lying, not even to spare someone's feelings. Especially if it requires me to lie about my feelings in the process. I've been grappling with letting this charade play out until he inevitably burns out (the way he lives doesn't lend itself to old age) or whether to burn yet another familial bridge. Some part of me must care, because I'd feel cruel doing that, and given his instability, it might lead to him taking the initiative to do something permanent...

Gods, I ****ing hate how my past misery keeps infringing on what should be the happiest years of my ****ing life.

Top Bottom