• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Me: Oh...are we talking about the same "friend" who NEVER wishes me a happy birthday? The same "friend" that doesn't even talk to me anymore? The same "friend" that lives somewhere nearby to me, but may as well be in another country since we never see each other.
*Sees Batman across the street*

*sinks lower in chair*

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I just wonder why anyone still cares what happens in CoD, given its reputation.

Because this is not just COD's concern. It's no secret that microtransactions in AAA titles nowadays are a thing, and a despicable one at that. Companies are trying to see how much they can get away with, how far they can go. Things like this set bad precedents for the gaming industry as a whole so they have to be kept an eye on and called out.

Viper

Premium
Because this is not just COD's concern. It's no secret that microtransactions in AAA titles nowadays are a thing, and a despicable one at that. Companies are trying to see how much they can get away with, how far they can go. Things like this set bad precedents for the gaming industry as a whole so they have to be kept an eye on and called out.
Believe me, it's not the companies you should be blaming for figuring out a good money making scheme, as much as the lazy players with too much money or daddy's credit card on their hands. I've seen people spend money on any stupid thing that will make sure they rise in status.
I don't think it will really live for very long outside CoD or any similar game designed for immature brats to feel badass, most other fanbases have people that do need to keep track of their spending and play for experience.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Believe me, it's not the companies you should be blaming for figuring out a good money making scheme, as much as the lazy players with too much money or daddy's credit card on their hands.

Oh sure, players are also at fault, but they're just as despicable as the companies that come up with these greedy schemes. L'occasione fa l'uomo ladro, it takes two to tango etc etc.

Viper

Premium
What are the chances that you cut your finger on a razor while grabbing your toothbrush?

Goddammit dad, covers for razor blades exist for a reason.
No offense, but eyes exist for a reason, too. XD
I keep my razor uncovered and in the same cup with my toothbrush, never cut my finger in all these years.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
No offense, but eyes exist for a reason, too. XD

I know but my eyes are ****. I was sleepy and with no glasses on nor lenses (just woke up).

And now that I think about it, it was also a single use razor. He was supposed to throw it away after use. Will have to tell my father a couple words. <.<

Viper

Premium
As unfair it is, one can somewhat tolerate when people only mention director when talking about the game, he is the one to hold the strings and push them into certain direction, but to actually praise Kojima for the music in MGS series and even MGR, as if he did all the work and without him any future music will surely suck, is like spitting in the faces of all those composers and performers.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
i love and respect the fact that college professors are passionate about the subject that they teach. but i seriously hate when they think that their expensive ass class is the only class that i'm taking. and if i, for whatever cosmic reason say that i can't afford to buy a textbook, they flip out. my history professor is a great guy, and is really into history. that said, he acts like his students aren't taking any other classes. and when i told him i couldn't afford to get the textbook (which cost $150...used btw) he says "how much did your shoes cost?". buddy, my shoes cost $30, my shirt cost $15, my pants cost $30, and my underwear and socks (if we're gonna get into the nitty gritty of it all) cost me maybe $15-$20 combined. and that's STILL less than the damn text book. he also says dumb stuff like "you got phones don't you? if you got a phone, then you can surely afford this book.". i'm sorry, but last i checked, this overpriced text book didn't wake me up in the morning, help me make appointments, or help me fact check information when the internet is out at my job. also, unlike this book, i'll be using this phone for more than 3 months...so **** you. also, this class cost $500. and i'm taking 3 classes right now, which all cost around the same price. and while i do have some help from my parents, that's still a lot of money on them. not only that, but i had to pay for **** for my other classes, which started before your class. which means i had to buy the text book for my theatre class which cost $100, and i had to download the software for my math class which ALSO cost me $100.

and it's not just him it's a lot of other professors with this mentality. it sickens me, this belief that students just have money laying around, and these professors pretending like we don't have bills to pay, or other classes to pay for. it's insane.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Not entirely sure what you mean by your "financial team will look into it".

You have copies of my receipts.

You have the authorisation numbers from my bank.

You have irrefutable evidence that I was overcharged.

And at the end of the day, who in the hell spends £140 on pizza??

Well aside from the Turtles and Dante, presumably.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
"To Hillary Supporters: Unhappy with the election outcome?... You brought this on yourselves. There is a lesson to be learned here. You can't continually kick a dog and expect not to get bit. Maybe you should have tried convincing people to support Hillary with calm and logic, instead of spending all your time calling them dumb, uneducated, racists, bigots, misogynists, and deplorable irredeemable non-Americans. There's a big reason the polls were so wrong. Those who didn't support Hillary were treated as villainous to the point that they just kept their mouth shut in fear of being attacked by bigoted Hillary supporters, and quietly awaited Election Day. By the way, the definition of bigot is someone who is intolerant of differing opinions and views of others, not someone who disagrees with you."

Last edited:
Reactions: Jak

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I think I've come to realize that what bothers me most about this election is not Trump, but his followers. Trump is one man and the people around him are aware of what he's like. He can be contained to reduce damage. Bills can be refused. Accidents can happen. But his followers? They're worse. Because they've seen all the hateful, cruel, derogatory things he's said and promised, they've seen him admit to all-but raping women and that he thinks that's perfectly acceptable, and they've seen how he treats anyone who is not a rich, "mentally stable", white man as sub-human...and they're agreeing with him. They're saying that's okay. And, now that he's going to be in a position of power, he's giving them permission to be just like him. And that? That scares me. And I'm scared for both myself and those I care for. How long is it before someone accepts that permission and uses "well, my president did it, so it's okay for me to do it, too" as a defense for their actions? How can that be defended against? How can you justifiably say "well, it's okay that he did it, but not you"...when Trump is as much a citizen as anyone else and should be held accountable for his actions...and he's not.

Look, I know some people had good reasons for voting for him. I'm sure not everyone who voted for him is a bigoted, racist, sexist prig, but that doesn't change that that is what Trump is. This is a man that was supported by more hate groups than any other nominee. This is a man who has repeatedly expressed a desire to bomb anyone he disagrees with. And this is a man who has blatantly flaunted that the only life that matters to him is his own. And you still stood with him. I hope those reasons were worth it to you.

At this point, I think I'd be a lot less angry if Trump supporters stopped acting like children. Egging and threatening people because of how they look. Sending hate messages to anyone who expresses fear. Acting like bullies by making fun of those who are now afraid--to walk out their house, to celebrate their religion, because of their heritage, because of just being who they are. Am I surprised? No. The biggest bully has just been elected president, of course all the wannabe-head-bullies are coming out of the woodwork. Am I disappointed? Yes. Yes, I am. I'm disappointed because I thought our country was better than this. I thought we knew how to be progressive and accepting and that we were slowly becoming better. I thought this was a country I could speak well to any future children I might have. I thought this was a country where people where supposed to have great opportunity--isn't that what ideal the US was supposedly founded on? The right to liberty and freedom from oppression? So why is it suddenly okay that people are terrified? This is the first presidential election where suicide prevention hotlines and links were circulated frequently the entire night. People should not be afraid of their government. People should not be afraid that, when they wake up in the morning, the entire country will have been destroyed because of a man with bad hair. And yet they are. And it's not funny. It's heartbreaking.

All in all, this election has shown more about the people in this country than I feel has been shown before. And it's shown strange things. Strange, terrible things. And I suppose I can't hate the people that voted. Hatred, after all, is consuming and negates healing. But I can disdain their decision and, above all, I pity them. And I can prepare for the future, even if I still don't understand the present.

Are people afraid of a woman leading the US? Are people just hateful and brutish? Perhaps time will tell. I guess I'd just rest easier if I understood.

Exejpgwmv

This fool couldn't last for more than 48 hours of what Obama went through.

Suck it up Trump, if you don't get impeached, it's going to be 4 straight years of obstruction and protests .

Top Bottom