• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
The more I think on it, the more I'm convinced this commission isn't happening. I was so excited--she wanted a full gown with all the decorations and specialized fabric; high-ball estimate would have been $600-$800 depending on how much stuff I had and what I had to buy/get specially made and I really need the money--but she hasn't sent her measurements and she hasn't sent pics of the fabric or said which of the designs she wanted or anything. So all I know is that she wants this gown by early February, which means I should have been allowed to start in November. Almost a week into December and still no word. Sent her an email last night to try and get info out of her, but nothing. If she no longer wants the commission, then I wish she'd just say it. It would be better than me sitting here, twiddling my thumbs.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I have a hard time believing not one out of six people had any critique to give. You don't have to be a frigging writer to know there is everything wrong with that sentence structure--and well, pretty much everything but the actual concept. FFS, a casual reader would suffice! Are you all so busy kissing ass and sparing her feelings that you can't be bothered to save her from the sharks she'll have to deal with later on? And let's face it, it's going to happen, and following in its wake will be one of two things:

1) She'll have an emotional breakdown and give it up, because everyone's been pulling their punches to the point that she's bordering on special snowflake status, and thus will think "this needs a complete overhaul=never write again".

OR

2) When she receives genuine feedback--however blunt--her ego will be so inflated that she'll think, "What do they know? These other six people said it was great, so that one person must be wrong/jealous".

In short: I have no respect for her other so-called "friends"--because at least one of them is knowingly bullshitting her. Now it falls to me to be the goddamn heavy, and even if it hurts her feelings, at least she can have no illusions of me being jealous, and with time, will hopefully realize it was for the betterment of her writing.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Go ahead, completely ignore what I've said. It's not like I actually took time out of my precious day, or anything. By all means, sulk to your heart's content--just don't expect me to give a damn anymore. Whine to me when you actually respect what I have to say.

As of now, I wash my hands of you.

Viper

Premium
Life has a strange sense for humor and I ain't laughing. After all the trouble I went, when i finally thought I could relax and start thinking how to build my life, I am facing the danger of losing my job before it even starts.
In short I had a medical exam for work yesterday, turns out my hemoglobin is really low and the doctor refuses to sign the certificate. I have to quickly pass iron therapy and get second blood test, and if it's fine I get green light. I have less than three weeks to do it and my womanly trouble is right in the middle of it.
No fair, I'm fully functional, this should have been dealt just as a warning, not the deal breaker. :'(

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I never thought my landlord(s) would actually turn out to be as childish and vindictive as all that. Especially since all the bad blood is basically their fault in the first place. I should have looked for somewhere else a long time ago. Stupid me for thinking people could actually grow up.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Death does one of two things to people: either they become incredibly selfish and greedy or they realise how short life is and get their act together.

Sadly for my very good friend, this particular person has opted for the former.

So her disabled children could be homeless by Christmas thanks to someone holding out for the possibility of a few grand more than offered.

He doesn't need a 4 bed adapted home that he knows is adapted specifically for those kids. He knows the wishes of his deceased wife for the house to go to the kids. He has a new girlfriend and she owns her own home anyway, so he has somewhere to go. He agreed to all this while his wife was alive.

Now the pound signs are shining and he wants everything - none of which he is entitled to. If the will had been ratified correctly, he'd be out already as it specified all of the above, which he agreed to.

But, as usual, money means more than family. Disgusting.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had another interview yesterday and i didnt get the job. So that opened up old wounds of what am i doing with my life because whats the point of a film studies degree if you cant get a film studies job?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I have a hard time believing not one out of six people had any critique to give. You don't have to be a frigging writer to know there is everything wrong with that sentence structure--and well, pretty much everything but the actual concept. FFS, a casual reader would suffice! Are you all so busy kissing ass and sparing her feelings that you can't be bothered to save her from the sharks she'll have to deal with later on? And let's face it, it's going to happen, and following in its wake will be one of two things:

1) She'll have an emotional breakdown and give it up, because everyone's been pulling their punches to the point that she's bordering on special snowflake status, and thus will think "this needs a complete overhaul=never write again".

OR

2) When she receives genuine feedback--however blunt--her ego will be so inflated that she'll think, "What do they know? These other six people said it was great, so that one person must be wrong/jealous".

In short: I have no respect for her other so-called "friends"--because at least one of them is knowingly bullshitting her. Now it falls to me to be the goddamn heavy, and even if it hurts her feelings, at least she can have no illusions of me being jealous, and with time, will hopefully realize it was for the betterment of her writing.

Man does that feel familiar!

Top Bottom