• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The ranting thinking thread

Dark Drakan

Admin
ab5c0a5cea.jpg

Great start to the morning when the technician has been changing things overnight and you come into work at 6am to do your work. :banghead:

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
So. Friggen. Angry. Opened up some boxes and found a large box full of make up. Probably a few hundred dollars worth...and it hasn't been opened in 8 years. I mean, yeah, sure, you can see what my priorities have not included for the last 8 years, but now I'm going to have to throw it all out because all the labels are broken and I don't know what's actually been used and bacteria grows in stuff like that. No one wants nasty bacteria in their eyes/mouth/nose/ears/whatever. It's just...painful. Where'd we even get all this sh*t anyway? I've never seen some of these in my life....

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Long, possibly petty rant. You've been warned.

*Frustrated sigh* This one friend (don't worry, no one here) is really starting to irritate me. Okay, not just starting, but I find myself more irritated with her than usual. We've been corresponding for about a decade now, and honestly, I get it; she has anxiety and depression. It can really mess with your perception of things, make you a bit needy at times--cripes, I've suffered from anxiety and depression most of my life too, so I know. I know what it's like to second-guess your worth, to wonder if anyone actually ever means it when they say nice things to you, to want to avoid public places sometimes because you just can't deal with the social B.S. that comes with it. But for the love of the gods, the thing I'm finding more and more common is how people use their anxiety and depression as a crutch whenever they have a fit. Sorry, but you can only get snarky with someone for being honest with you so many times before they stop listening, or at the very least, before they stop saying anything to you at all for fear that you'll bite their head off again. (She's not doing this to me personally, but she is literally so overly sensitive it is impossible to give her concrit even when she asks for it...because she will chew about it later).

So now that she's gone from not only being an artist, but a writer as well, she's going through this sudden need for feedback--which I can't give to her straight, because of the previously mentioned tendencies. Yes darling, I know it's a first draft; but if you're looking for concrit, you need to realize I'm going to point out the errors (especially if they're numerous). I'm not doing it to make you feel bad, to make you want to quit--I'm doing this because if I don't do it now, someone else is going to eat you the **** alive, because honestly? You're a green-horn in this line of work, and your inexperience is showing.

Just...grrr! I know I'm not great, and I know my first draft of WoN was...*shudder*. But guess what? Even after all of the criticism I received (and continue to receive), I still had the fortitude to push on, no matter how angry or discouraged I got. The question is: do you? Because if you're going to get all sulky whenever someone so much as points out the slightest of grammatical errors, you may as well throw in the towel now. >.> If you want my help, I'll give it, and moreover, I will be much more courteous than a complete stranger; so make up your damn mind. Are you looking for concrit, or are you just looking for another pat on the back? 'Cause I can do the latter, but it won't ****ing help you.

Sorry. This has just been irritating me for a while now. >.>

Last edited:

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Weird paradoxical problem alert.

So I want to write, but I don't really. There's a story I'd really like to make a book out of some day, but my issue is that I want it to be perfect, and I do mean perfect. For it to be perfect though, I have to do a lot of stuff first though:

1. Read, a lot. I can't make a perfect story if I don't read a lot first. But, paradoxically, I like writing but reading isn't really my thing. Maybe I just haven't given it enough of a chance and I just gotta make some time to read stuff.

2. Write, a lot. Issue is, I'm not very experienced and my creativity is fairly limited if you leave out the one story in my head.

3. I should probably just discipline myself to start reading and writing, but another issue is that I love games too much, and I can see myself thinking 'hey I should probably start reading some stuff', followed by 'nah I'll go play some games instead.

I've got a lot of stuff going on that seems to contradict. Best thing to do is probably to just get off my butt and start writing/reading, or just find all the downtime in my day and fill it up with these things.

Chimera Khaos

Hades Leading General Commander
Great thread to start at as soon as I get back but unfortunately the timing was just inconvenient and I really need to let off some steam.

So, my cousin and her partner kept asking me for a small loan of ex amount of money to which I kept refusing because for the last couple of weeks they always keep asking me for loans and I NEVER get paid back the exact amount of money they use on my card. Or close to it, you know, nearest zero or whatever.
Then, my cousin asks if she can borrow just a measly $3 on my card so I'm like yeah alright, since they got some money from other means and it's only a little why not?
I go to check my account and of course, $50+ of it is gone which explains why she hasn't come back yet.
I. AM. ****ED.
To the fact that I denied them their loan and then they have the freaking nerve to use my money on my card that isn't even theirs?! Not the first time either.

Mmkay, I'm know I'm probably gonna get the 'but you gave her your card and PIN number' and yada yada. That's not the point. The fact that me giving her my card and her breaking my trust is just a ****ing insult. Might I add that her being my cousin just adds insult to injury. :/

Ugh.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
I probably should have planned out what would follow my snarky reply, should they get back to me.

Which they have. And I have literally no idea how to respond.

Edit: And thus, the only recourse is not to reply. Why give them a chance to scam me into believing their intentions to be anything but sketchy, if it means getting burned in the end? No thanks. >.>

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Next time I have a headache and somebody tells me to "leave those nasty pills alone" and just have a nap over it, cause "it'll pass on its own while you're asleep", I'm gonna politely, with a friendly smile and a reassuring look, PUNCH HIM IN DA FACE.

Pass on its own, bah. More like amplify tenfold. Wasted an afternoon to have that nap and make it worse, then I just went to the pharmacy, bought some pills, took them and poof, headache over in ten minutes. Gotta remember not to be lazy and IMMEDIATELY move my ass to go get the pills if I don't have them during a headache. Screw the "grandma's methods". -.-"

Viper

Premium
Next time I have a headache and somebody tells me to "leave those nasty pills alone" and just have a nap over it, cause "it'll pass on its own while you're asleep", I'm gonna politely, with a friendly smile and a reassuring look, PUNCH HIM IN DA FACE.

Pass on its own, bah. More like amplify tenfold. Wasted an afternoon to have that nap and make it worse, then I just went to the pharmacy, bought some pills, took them and poof, headache over in ten minutes. Gotta remember not to be lazy and IMMEDIATELY move my ass to go get the pills if I don't have them during a headache. Screw the "grandma's methods". -.-"
That's because you already trained your body to the pills, so of course what definitely worked for grandma and me won't work for you.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That's because you already trained your body to the pills

Nah that's because the grandma's methods are overrated. When I was little, my mom refused to give me pills for headaches, and insisted I just slept them off. Surprise surprise, it either didn't pass at all, or it got worse. Sure as hell my body wasn't "trained to pills" back then.

With time I learned pills are faster, guaranteed to erase the pain, and overall the best solution for me cause I'm one of those who absolutely can't stand headaches and wants to get rid of them as soon as possible. I don't get headaches often at all but when I do, I want them to be over immediately. And now that I've got university to attend to, I'm even less tolerant. This time I was a lazybone and didn't want to move my ass to go to the pharmacy. Never again. I wasted an afternoon worth of studying.

Goddamn you roommate, shouldn't have listened to you! ...Kidding, it's my fault, LOL.

Last edited:

Viper

Premium
Nah that's because the grandma's methods are overrated. When I was little, my mom refused to give me pills for headaches, and insisted I just slept them off. Surprise surprise, it either didn't pass at all, or it got worse. Sure as hell my body wasn't "trained to pills" back then.

With time I learned pills are faster, guaranteed to erase the pain, and overall the best solution for me cause I'm one of those who absolutely can't stand headaches and wants to get rid of them as soon as possible. I don't get headaches often at all but when I do, I want them to be over immediately. And now that I've got university to attend to, I'm even less tolerant. This time I was a lazybone and didn't want to move my ass to go to the pharmacy. Never again. I wasted an afternoon worth of studying.

Goddamn you roommate, shouldn't have listened to you! ...Kidding, it's my fault, LOL.
Out of curiosity, have you had your head checked out? More precisely, the blood vessels going through your neck and supplying the brain? Because a headache that may even grow worse during period of rest, and these symptoms have been occurring since childhood, could be a sign of something wrong with your body, not necessarily as some terrible illness, but more likely some malfunction the doctor may give you advice on.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Out of curiosity, have you had your head checked out? More precisely, the blood vessels going through your neck and supplying the brain?

Well, specifically that, no I haven't. But I imagine if something was wrong there I would suffer something more than just a headache getting worse during sleep. For example my head should have suffered something when I trained, which it never did. Especially considering I moved my head with quick and sudden movements a lot.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
I wrote that critique months ago and you're just now finding fault with it? Better yet, the writer doesn't even have the gall to confront me herself? She's sending you to do it for her? Well, in that case, do please tell me exactly how I've been rude when I called her out. I'd love to know for future reference. Would hate to make the same mistake twice, wouldn't I? After all, how does one learn without correction? I'm absolutely dying to know. -smiles pleasantly-

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
@Foxtrot94: You might criticise the "just rest it off" approach, but it does actually work. Maybe not specifically for you, but it's more a case of 'what works for me might not work for you' than anything else. Headache pills usually don't do much for me, and it also depends primarily on what is causing the headache in the first place. In most instances for me the headache is related to a lack of sleep, therefore of course sleep is the best remedy. Admittedly in other instances where I might just have a headache for no apparent reason, pills do work, but again so does resting it off. I'm not saying that pills aren't as effective, just that my body obviously works differently from yours. Therefore as I said, it's a matter of what works for one person might not work - or might not work as well - for another.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
You might criticise the "just rest it off" approach, but it does actually work.

Even if it did, I'd still not opt for it. As I said, I absolutely can't stand headache and I want it to be over as soon as possible. Not only that, but since I'm often busy with university, I don't really have time to waste with naps. So I mean, between taking a pill getting rid of the headache in a few minutes, and having a nap that would take at least an hour (knowing me, surely more, LOL), I'll take the former any day of the week.

Top Bottom