• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

The Legend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Durante;200631 said:
I think Mundus is undestroyable. He does come back eventually. Well Dante was focused on all three games so hes a great character and Nero is something fresh for everyone.The running speed differed in nearly every game,or atleast it looks like to me. What i don't like is that on every game Dante's face looks completely different in DMC1 he looks like he came back from Hawaii as a turkian. In Dmc2 like he didin't seen the sun for a while. In the third like some random punk but atleast he looks alike like in the second. And in the fourth he doesn't even look like from the last games.

I still think he looks like Sean Bean in 4 :lol:

Durante

Dead
sean-bean.jpg

Nice smile XD

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Okay guys, this thread has completely digressed from its original intent. If I had 'the power of Mod!' I'd close the thread because it's gone way off topic.

Since I can't - and I wouldn't anyway, because I want to keep this open for new members to put their theories and speculations of the characters - could I ask that we keep the posts on track or relevant from now on specifically on the Sparda and Eva discussion?

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
In DMC3 it seems that Vergil's only soft side was brought on my the memory of his mother so she must have been a big part of their lives whether that was as a loving mother or a protective toughie. I have always thought of her as a softie, it would make sense for her to be the sort of person who brought out the best in Sparda's human..ness. And where he saw what was worth fighting to protect.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Vergil has a soft side?
I get what you're saying, I got the impression that his mother is a very sensitive subject he'd rather not discuss, maybe because it makes him feel weak and vulnerable?

The conversation between Dante and Vergil, where Dante specifically says "MY mother's amulet" instead of 'our mother', and Vergil following that up by saying that the amulet was given to the 'humans' as a gift, tells me that either a.) Vergil disowned his mother, looking down on her because she was 'human', because not once does he refer to her as 'mother', b.) Dante's just being a mommy's boy and provoking Vergil with his word choice, or c.) Vergil swore never to say the word 'mother' again due to watching her die.

Which could mean that Eva either showed favouritism to Dante, put too much pressure on Vergil as the eldest, or possibly treated them equally which didn't sit well with the boys. I mean, you've got to ask yourself, WHY did Eva hide Dante first when they were attacked, and not Vergil? Why not hide them both?

And then, after his little heart-to-heart with Lady, Dante says "Father and family, huh?" He separates the two things, which to me indicates that he doesn't associate his father figure with his family life. Which, again, leads me to believe that Sparda was completely absent in their lives altogether.

Zato-OW

King
clairavance;200880 said:
Vergil has a soft side?
I get what you're saying, I got the impression that his mother is a very sensitive subject he'd rather not discuss, maybe because it makes him feel weak and vulnerable?

The conversation between Dante and Vergil, where Dante specifically says "MY mother's amulet" instead of 'our mother', and Vergil following that up by saying that the amulet was given to the 'humans' as a gift, tells me that either a.) Vergil disowned his mother, looking down on her because she was 'human', because not once does he refer to her as 'mother', b.) Dante's just being a mommy's boy and provoking Vergil with his word choice, or c.) Vergil swore never to say the word 'mother' again due to watching her die.

Which could mean that Eva either showed favouritism to Dante, put too much pressure on Vergil as the eldest, or possibly treated them equally which didn't sit well with the boys. I mean, you've got to ask yourself, WHY did Eva hide Dante first when they were attacked, and not Vergil? Why not hide them both?

And then, after his little heart-to-heart with Lady, Dante says "Father and family, huh?" He separates the two things, which to me indicates that he doesn't associate his father figure with his family life. Which, again, leads me to believe that Sparda was completely absent in their lives altogether.
Vergil did feel that Dante was favored more then him which was true actually. Vergil had a strong personality though so who knows.

Dante was very weird when it came to Sparda in DMC3, it's like he knew who his father was but at the same time didn't which is true but just weird. Dante made it clear in DMC3 that he too didn't care what happened to the world at first and all he wanted was to settle the score with Vergil. But because of Lady he a change of heart.

Vergil played the big brother role and it shows in DMC3. I remember in the DMC1 dreamweaver comic that Vergil was a day older then Dante(due to timing of births of course). Anyway they were fighting and as a birthday present Vergil said he would let Dante win a match vs him. Vergil ended up hurting him them Dante countered hurting Vergil and Eva ran to Dante showing favoritism which hurt Vergil's feelings. All that was a flash back by Nelo Angelo in his encounter with Dante.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
So, would this put Vergil in the category of "tragic villain"? I mean, Eva must not have been a very good mother if she only liked Dante... Wow... Now I feel sorry for that butthole in blue... If Eva had treated them the same, would Vergil not be as stone cold as he was?

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Dante was the "baby" between them, it really does get like that even in real life. the Youngest child always gets babied while the oldest is scolded and told that they should be more careful, or set a better example.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Zato-OW;200882 said:
Vergil played the big brother role and it shows in DMC3. I remember in the DMC1 dreamweaver comic that Vergil was a day older then Dante(due to timing of births of course). Anyway they were fighting and as a birthday present Vergil said he would let Dante win a match vs him. Vergil ended up hurting him them Dante countered hurting Vergil and Eva ran to Dante showing favoritism which hurt Vergil's feelings. All that was a flash back by Nelo Angelo in his encounter with Dante.

There's a comic? *faints* Any idea where I can find it? Or who the author/artist was, what title the comic went by?

@Dreadnought: Yeah, I don't think Vergil would be quite as twisted if Eva had been fair to them as children. He might still be cold, because that's just his personality, but he wouldn't have been a total nutter.

Zato-OW

King
Honestly I don't know where they are but I can find them. They are fully colored and very detailed. I think there were about 3 editions to them I'm not sure. If I find them then I'll link them here.

Here is the scene with Dante and Vergil and some others.

http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic03_02.jpg
http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic03_03.jpg
http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic01_11.jpg
http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic01_06.jpg
http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic02_06.jpg
http://www.actionhalo.net/dante/media/comic/comic02_04.jpg

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Don't bother CV... the comics are very rare and very expensive!!!!

I remember reading that vergil only spiked his hair back to get to Dante, as it reminded dante of their father.
The boys had a seperate upbringing. Vergil always felt that Dante was favored by Eva. Perhaps its the reason why he looks out for himself... no matter who gets hurt.

Thanks Zato-oW... I did always wonder what the age gap was between the boys.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Zato-OW... I clicked the link and the screen said "FORBIDDEN you do not have the ....authority... to access this page'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom