• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem Antoniades (DmC director) was on the PS4 stream

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
And sticking his head stuck on Mr Evil, stamping a F bomb after his name or making a cancer joke isn't? [The latter two I've seen around.]

I didn't say it wasn't, but you're one of the people who ostensibly support him and his endeavours. Treating him like a wounded lamb who has suffered a psychotic break because he's changed his hair style is a far worse insult to his character than any silly image macro.

And it doesn't taken genius to figure it out that insults over the last few years are a possible factor. Maybe you're right and we're wrong, but we're not being offensive if we are.

He isn't an eleven year old girl. Have some faith in the man's state of mind and personal integrity. If you don't I don't know who will.

I know your intentions are good, I don't begrudge you for being defensive of him, but know when to respect him.

...Wait, why is this even a thread on the DmC section? Shouldn't it be in General Discussion or the main Devil May Cry General Discussion instead?

It concerns speculation over DmC2, so I think it could belong in either. I'm sure the mods will make the best judgement call either way.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Metacritic says otherwise. According to that, DmC was the second most well recieved game in the series after DMC1.
Ah yes, Metacritic. Since apparently you can completely trust gaming journalism in these modern times where ads now pays for reviewers pay.

Capcom expected DmC to sell atleast 2 million copies, it's no way near that goal and just barely reaching their lowered current 1.2 million mark. I very much doubt they wanna continue with the DmC franchise.

I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.

St. Nathaniel

Nephilim Reaper
Ah yes, Metacritic. Since apparently you can completely trust gaming journalism in these modern times where ads now pays for reviewers pay.

Capcom expected DmC to sell atleast 2 million copies, it's no way near that goal and just barely reaching their lowered current 1.2 million mark. I'm not trying to be negative, just realistic.
I find journalism to be just as reliable as customer reviews. Since half the time most customer reviews are completely biased and they tend to rip into games for silly reasons. I'd glady trust journalism over that (which I don't, I trust my own opinion). However, just because you don't trust journalism doesn't mean that the reviews aren't genuine nor that it wasn't well received. The fact that you're trying to discredit it says quite a lot.

I am pretty realistic too, however I won't shoot down the possibility of DmC2. There have been plenty of games that have sold poorly and have gotten sequels.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I find journalism to be just as reliable as customer reviews. Since half the time most customer reviews are completely biased and they tend to rip into games for silly reasons. I'd glady trust journalism over that (which I don't, I trust my own opinion). However, just because you don't trust journalism doesn't mean that the reviews aren't genuine nor that it wasn't well received. The fact that you're trying to discredit it says quite a lot.
I never said I don't trust gaming journalism at all, I just don't eat everything that is presented in front of me. What really bothered me about the DmC reviews is that very few brought up the glaring issues with DmC that everyone I knew that played DmC all agreed on. I remember one reviewer not liking how much easier DmC was and that the combat system was pretty "dumbed down" and yet he gave it a 9/10.

I'm not trying to discredit every reviewer out there but there are too many that doesn't do enough research etc.

But what am I saying! I'm just an "anti" after all so why should anyone listen to me.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I never said I don't trust gaming journalism at all, I just don't eat everything that is presented in front of me. What really bothered me about the DmC reviews is that very few brought up the glaring issues with DmC that everyone I knew that played DmC all agreed on. I remember one reviewer not liking how much easier DmC was and that the combat system was pretty "dumbed down" and yet he gave it a 9/10.

I'm not trying to discredit every reviewer out there but there are too many that doesn't do enough research etc.

But what am I saying! I'm just an "anti" after all so why should anyone listen to me.
I feel you. It bugged me how every reviewer seemed to turn a blind eye to the issues that were so in our face, via the bosses idling or the sever texture loss on some of the levels. DmC honestly deserved an 7.5 or an 8 at best. It was a VERY good hack n' slash game in its own right, the graphics and combat system were great! But does it make it, the bets DMC out yet? Hell no! I had fun with it and I will still play it along with the BP and VD, but at the end of the day I will always go back to DMC4 for its amazing combat and challenging BP.

Devil Player

I think he looks better, by being shaved.

Besides, I'm glad he is talking about the next console. That means NT is already developing something. I guess Unreal Engine 4 on 60 fps for consoles is a go!

m100t8s

I think he looks better, by being shaved.

Besides, I'm glad he is talking about the next console. That means NT is already developing something. I guess Unreal Engine 4 on 60 fps for consoles is a go!
Hah! I agree. His hair looked pretty awful back then.
But damn, I'm gonna miss Tam Tam, Why the hell would he remove his twitter account?
His trolling for his haters always made my days.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Always have to look for an excuse..

How is it an excuse? The numbers doesn't lie. DmC is as of now struggling with sales and barely reaching capcoms goal. That pretty much speaks volume that the game wasn't so well recieved.

Well DMC2 was badly received and they made DMC3.
The gaming market looks a bit different these days when every developer have set their eyes on making AAA titles. DmC was an AAA budget title and yet have failed to generate enough sales.

Top Bottom