• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem Antoniades (DmC director) was on the PS4 stream

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Ah yes, we should trust ''fake'' fanboy reviews instead of Metacritic like you did.

Listening a paid off gaming company is WAY BETTER than listening a fanboy.

You assume for some reason where I get my impression about the game. I have actually borrowed a copy from my friend and I am currently on my DMD run for a review I am planning to do. Stop assuming things.

Since when you started to believe ''SALES NUMBER = GAME QUALITY'' ?
Maybe since DmC? Ha, my brother?
Or should we say DMC2 well recieved so its an awesome game?

Where did I mention about the "quality" of DmC in this thread? All I have been talking about is the odds of there being a DmC2 at all and that is why I bring up the sales numbers. Maybe you should read more carefully next time.

Just stop with sales my hater bro. I know its the only thing you have but you know even haters admitted DmC is a good game.
Why should I stop bringing up the sales? The numbers doesn't lie and it isn't the only thing I have to say about DmC in general. I can admit that it is a decent game but it isn't the saviour of DMC at all.

I have a feeling that you are trying to undermine pretty much everything I say everytime you quote me and safe to say, you haven't done a good job.

FsMhXXA.png

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Bayonetta was abandoned by it's publisher, Okami had a dressed down portable sequel and Shadow of the Colossus is not a sequel in the traditional sense, while it takes place in the same universe it's gameplay is drastically different from ICO. Besides, at this rate The Last Guardian will never be released.

Point being, when a game under-performs it has a drastic effect on the scope and realisation of it's sequel, if it has one. There's also the question of investment/return differential; I'm pretty sure DmC was hugely more expensive to make than Okami, and performed far worse.
actually the Last guardian is still in development..literally just said that a couple days ago..
but then again..it's by IGN.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
actually the Last guardian is still in development..literally just said that a couple days ago. but then again..it's by IGN.

Even if it ever does come out, my point still stands that Team ICO's games shift in game play so much between their games that arguably you can't consider them sequels in the traditional sense.

MedicoreR

1 million people bought DmC in 1 month and they are happy with it. How is that not ''well recieved''?
You,the haters, are the UNHAPPY side who didnt buy the game.

So ''God of War'' sold 7 million. That mean ''well recieved'' right?
Is it better than Devil May Cry? No. Why?It sold good. Because numbers (which lies so many times) dont prove a game to be good or bad. If that was true than CoD should be the best game of ever of ever of ever.

Heavenly Sword sold great too. Numbers dont lie,right? So what it is. A good game or not, time to face yourself.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Why should i be sorry? None of us part of company. We are customers.
Even if it sell 1 unit, it still is a good game. And sales will never be a critic for a game to be good or bad.
We call that ''art''
Learn it.

You seemed to have missed this point so I'll repeat it: We are not discussing the quality of the game at this time, we are in fact discussing how likely it is to have a sequel. So far it has lost it's publisher a lot of money, so a sequel seems unlikely to us. This is because the game cost money to make, and has not earned enough in return to finance said sequel.
We call that "business".
It's serious.

Jerry Wirerammer

I guess if you want a studio to show off the graphical grunt of your new hardware you could do a lot worse than NT. their games do look quite beautiful IMO.
DmC2 could do well as a launch game.

MedicoreR

METACRITIC by Macarabe and Multibro :

DmC : Devil May Cry

Gameplay : 7/10 - Its ok but not that deep like its older titles.Even if its a reboot
Graphics : 7/10 - Graphics are good but character designs are meh
Sound : 7/10 - OST are ok but voice actings and dialogs are not that good
Presentation : 8/10 Its the longest and not reperative DMC game but still its short.And doesnt fit the series.
Sales : 5/10 It did 1 million in the first month. Other titles did better sales, so dont buy this game.

Overall: 6.5/10 The game is decent but not ''well recieved'' (or should i say ''couldnt sell 2 million'' or ''hated by fanboys'') so its below avarage. We dont recommend this game.

Soupie

Why do you people even reply when you see the same people who like and dislike the game, well I dunno, like and dislike the game? Seeing the same people express and respond with their own biased opinion time and time again is starting to get on my nerves.

I am being serious. I hardly see anything factual here; just normative statements.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon

Gameplay : 7/10 - Its ok but not that deep like its older titles.Even if its a reboot
Presentation : 8/10 Its the longest and not reperative DMC game but still its short.And doesnt fit the series.
Sales : 5/10 It did 1 million in the first mounth. Other titles did better sales, so dont buy this game.

Overall: 6.5/10 The game is decent but not ''well recieved'' (or should i say ''couldnt sell 2 million'' or ''hated by fanboys'') so its below avarage. We dont recommend this game.
While I appreciate the effort, I prefer to make my own opinions and statements thank you very much.

And again, like Macabre said, I didn't discuss how good DmC in this thread, only the odds of a future sequal.

Get over it.

MedicoreR

You seemed to have missed this point so I'll repeat it: We are not discussing the quality of the game at this time, we are in fact discussing how likely it is to have a sequel.
Oh im sorry.
A good game is always deserves a sequel. EVEN IF IT SELL 1 UNIT

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine

Sales : 5/10 It did 1 million in the first month. Other titles did better sales, so dont buy this game.

It's actually kind of charming that you think you can speak for both of our opinions, especially when I'm fairly sure I don't agree with Multibro on everything when it comes to DmC. It's pretty heinous to lump everyone with an opposing viewpoint into a vague whole so blatantly, I mean I don't presume every DmC fan thinks like you.

I hardly see anything factual here; just normative statements.

I'd say researched sales statistics are fairly factual actually.

A good game is always deserves a sequel. EVEN IF IT SELL 1 UNIT

That's actually an interesting statement. You should open up a thread in General Gaming to see what people think of it.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Because on they're own they are facts. I'm talking about value judgement arising from those facts.

I'm afraid you'll be seeing a lot of people consulting facts then extrapolating opinions from them as long as you're on a forum. Sorry.

Soupie

You keep missing my point. Perhaps I'm being unclear with my simplicity. I am talking the arguments that have been repeated over and over again senselessly without reaching any form of reasonable consensus. Einstein has a definition for that concept you know, called insanity.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
You keep missing my point. Perhaps I'm being unclear with my simplicity. I am talking the arguments that have been repeated over and over again senselessly without reaching any form of reasonable consensus. Einstein has a definition for that concept you know, called insanity.

There's also an unclaimed semantic idiom you might like: You can't see the forest for the trees.

Forums often revolve through cyclic discussions around issues, regardless of time frame or the people discussing them. People will come and go from a debate, people will make the same statements over and over with only slight permutations, and people will become disillusioned with the debate also.

There are also ongoing events which influence the discussion, such as a over-budget video game selling incredibly poorly, which causes the symposium to evolve, fans to cry and for me to feel quite vindicated.

In short: Welcome to forums.

AlchemistFromEden

this
it really is pretty annoying that the SAME people keep saying the SAME things over and over again, we get it for christs sake

Top Bottom