• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem Antoniades (DmC director) was on the PS4 stream

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I didn't say it wasn't, but you're one of the people who ostensibly support him and his endeavours. Treating him like a wounded lamb who has suffered a psychotic break because he's changed his hair style is a far worse insult to his character than any silly image macro. He isn't an eleven year old girl. Have some faith in the man's state of mind and personal integrity. If you don't I don't know who will. I know your intentions are good, I don't begrudge you for being defensive of him, but know when to respect him.
Yeah I know o_o but you make it sound like I'm being over the top, like it's against the law to show sympathy or it's disrespectful when you're wrong. I'll say what I want thank you very much, regardless if I'm right or wrong because it's not out of cruel intentions. It's not like I'm calling him a names like most the internet have a fun game of doing, or worse.

Now let's please leave this at that. @_@ I'm can't even believe i'm in a discussion over some guy's haircut, I'm out of here. And if you wish to talk more, please just pm me ok? ;.;

m100t8s

How is it an excuse? The numbers doesn't lie. DmC is as of now struggling with sales and barely reaching capcoms goal. That pretty much speaks volume that the game wasn't so well recieved.

The gaming market looks a bit different these days when every developer have set their eyes on making AAA titles. DmC was an AAA budget title and yet have failed to generate enough sales.
You're right, But remember, even RE6 didn't reach Capcom's goals, Do you think they'll stop making RE games?
No.

Terrutas

*cough* Reboot. *cough*.

I don't mean to be an asshole. but please do some research before you post dude.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Boy did this thread blow up.
justas_zps09e2fab3.gif

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Always have to look for an excuse..

Well DMC2 was badly received and they made DMC3.

DmC was fantastically reviewed. Going by their past history I'm not convinced that NT has any inclination to improve on what people have disliked about it, given how much praise has been lavished upon their every project and how little each has shown subsequent improvement, no matter how badly they sold.

It took DMC2 being absolutely lashed by everyone for Capcom to pull their thumbs out of their asses and actually improve on everything that had gone horribly wrong. NT isn't getting that, and it's what they need if they're going to survive as a company.

m100t8s

*cough* Reboot. *cough*.

I don't mean to be an asshole. but please do some research before you post dude.
I know that reboots are made for selling more. All I'm trying to say that this isn't the case for Capcom.
They said they're planning on releasing Devil May Cry game by 2015. They really don't care if the sales didn't reach their expectations.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
I know that reboots are made for selling more. All I'm trying to say that this isn't the case for Capcom.
They said they're planning on releasing Devil May Cry game by 2015. They really don't care if the sales didn't reach their expectations.

I believe they do. If they don't get an adequate profit on hugely expensive projects like RE6 and DmC, then their company suffers. If it happens often enough, then they will die.

Incidentally I believe Terrutus was referring to the Resident Evil reboot, which is apparently being motivated by how badly RE6 underperformed.

I know the main reason. :/ Winter is almost over, who needs the hair! :D
Clearly Winter, you have never lived in Britain.

MedicoreR

Ah yes, Metacritic. Since apparently you can completely trust gaming journalism in these modern times where ads now pays for reviewers pay.
Ah yes, we should trust ''fake'' fanboy reviews instead of Metacritic like you did.

Listening a paid off gaming company is WAY BETTER than listening a fanboy.

How is it an excuse? The numbers doesn't lie. DmC is as of now struggling with sales and barely reaching capcoms goal. That pretty much speaks volume that the game wasn't so well recieved.

Since when you started to believe ''SALES NUMBER = GAME QUALITY'' ?
Maybe since DmC? Ha, my brother?
Or should we say DMC2 well recieved so its an awesome game?

Just stop with sales my hater bro. I know its the only thing you have but you know even haters admitted DmC is a good game.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Listening a paid off gaming company is WAY BETTER than listening a fanboy.

How about listening to critics you trust who are outside of the major publishing bodies? You know, find a group of different people who's opinions generally coincide with your own, then look to them when you'd like buyer's advice?

Since when you started to believe ''SALES NUMBER = GAME QUALITY'' ?

He didn't say anything about game quality, he was talking about whether or not the public responded positively to the game. Which they haven't.

Or should we say DMC2 well recieved so its an awesome game?

...Well it wasn't well received, and it underperformed. So that's a really bad comparison.

Just stop with sales my hater bro. I know its the only thing you have but you know even haters admitted DmC is a good game.

Despite claims to the contrary, if a game does not sell well, it is a failure. DmC has not sold well.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Neither did Bayonetta, Ookami, ICo or Shadow of the Colossus, they all still got sequels.

Bayonetta was abandoned by it's publisher, Okami had a dressed down portable sequel and Shadow of the Colossus is not a sequel in the traditional sense, while it takes place in the same universe it's gameplay is drastically different from ICO. Besides, at this rate The Last Guardian will never be released.

Point being, when a game under-performs it has a drastic effect on the scope and realisation of it's sequel, if it has one. There's also the question of investment/return differential; I'm pretty sure DmC was hugely more expensive to make than Okami, and performed far worse.

Top Bottom