• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Tameem Antoniades (DmC director) was on the PS4 stream

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Splort_6dd74eebdcea0adcb8da8addc120c97b_zpsc4d02b8e.gif

attack of the random .gif
Thanks to Macabre, (I'm not good at math, but even I knew that) this gif now fits perfectly within the thread of Alchemist's fail at doing pretty simple math in my eyes..but dividing, get the hell spawn out of here. BAD LONG DIVISION BAD.

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
for christs sake,
0.41+0.20=what, oh what's that more than a million, ok, nuff said

...Actually I think you'll find that 0.41+0.20 is 0.61. Which is significantly less than a million.

Besides which, I'm not quite sure where you're getting that second digit from AfE.

Global Total as of 09th Feb 2013 (units): 0.41m

Is it somewhere on the page that I'm missing? I appreciate that there must be some sales since the ninth, but I'd like to know where the exact number came from if that's okay.

And you're still multiposting. Knock it off.

Chibi Dante

Keepin' it Stylish!
Premium
I think we'd be lucky to get a DmC2, tbh. Seeing as how DmC bombed (Sales were horrible, and I acknowledge it was a great game), the future looks bleak... The whole point of the reboot was to attract more fans/sales, yes? They've lost many people's interest. "Haters" didn't win, they're just showing that they still care about the old Devil May Cry series. If your favorite series got a reboot, in which you never asked for in the first place, how'd you feel? You'd probably want to stay away from it and not get it. The numbers don't lie. DmC was awesome and it sucks to see it didn't sell well, but hey, this doesn't mean Capcom won't do DMC5...right?

Oh, who am I kidding. Some people are understandably ****ed off (they have every right to be), and it's for a damn good reason. Something they loved and enjoyed is being discarded for something new and irrelevant. No matter how good of a game DmC is, you don't mean to tell me it can replace the charms of cheesy ass Uncle Dante, do you? If DmC was a spin-off instead, it probably would've been received much better, thus, resulting in better sales, because fans will know that the old series is still there to be continued.

Also, on a side note, AlchemistFromEden just needs to stop. Even when I'm not roaming on DMC Forums, I still see you arguing with other people over DmC on YouTube, since you're on the pro side and everything. Anyone who has an opinion against it (even with valid reasoning) is wrong and you have to defend it like the game is your God or something. And wtf? Seriously? Even when I'm watching cosplay skits (Yeah, because I've actually cosplayed as Dante before), I STILL have to see you? "See, Tameem was right. This is why Dante would get laughed out in a bar/in public." Just change your avatar please. I've actually had SIX public experiences as Dante, and not one of them was at a con. I've been to parties, school, etc. And guess what? NO ONE LAUGHED. I actually got a bunch of praise instead, and people wouldn't shut up over how cool the look was.

AlchemistFromEden

...Actually I think you'll find that 0.41+0.20 is 0.61. Which is significantly less than a million.

Besides which, I'm not quite sure where you're getting that second digit from AfE.

Is it somewhere on the page that I'm missing? I appreciate that there must be some sales since the ninth, but I'd like to know where the exact number came from if that's okay.

And you're still multiposting. Knock it off.
meant to edit it to say more than half a million, forgot the half part, only human people, btw, it says global for ps3, and global for 360, can't seem to find an overall global page since there are multiple categories, oh, found it
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=DMC
0.26 0.12 0.17 0.05= 0.61

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
meant to edit it to say more than half a million, forgot the half part, only human people, btw, it says global for ps3, and global for 360, can't seem to find an overall global page since there are multiple categories, oh, found it
http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=DMC
0.26 0.12 0.17 0.05= 0.61

Ah, I see, fair enough AfE. Keep in mind that this quota doesn't take into account PC sales, so it's certainly a little higher. Mind you, VGchartz has drastically overestimated DmC's performance before.

With the way sales have diminished since launch week, I doubt we'll see much of a resurgence even though I welcome surprises. Dead Space 3 performed better, and EA killed the company that made it regardless.

Fingers crossed everyone.

AlchemistFromEden

Ah, I see, fair enough AfE. Keep in mind that this quota doesn't take into account PC sales, so it's certainly a little higher. Mind you, VGchartz has drastically overestimated DmC's performance before.

With the way sales have diminished since launch week, I doubt we'll see much of a resurgence even though I welcome surprises. Dead Space 3 performed better, and EA killed the company that made it regardless.

Fingers crossed everyone.
halfway there

Top Bottom