• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Squirrel spunk infused spray cans...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I said it's as fast as SMC4. I know it's slower then DMC3.

Also I didn't spell it wrong. SMC4 stands for ****MayCry 4, on account of DMC4 was the most ****tiest DMC I've seen. I mean DMC2 just seems more interesting to me then that garbage.

Hey, DMC4 wasn't that bad. At the very least it was fun to play. DMC2 holds a special place in my heart since it was my first DMC, but I can recognize that it has flaws. But to say that DMC4 was WORSE than DMC2? You better have some pretty solid evidence to back that claim up.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
Allright allright, valid points. Just wanna know which difficulty you played on though.
Just to let you know, I thoroughly enjoyed DMC4's game play and I'm not knocking it or anything. Also, I completed every single difficulty except for Hell and Hell because my disc died on me.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
You hated DMC4 solely because you didn't like Dante there? That is a bit closeminded.

I mean, I had some fun in the God of War games with the mindless buttonsmashing and I hated Kratos since he was a whiny bitch from GoW2 and onward. Doesn't mean the games are bad because I hated the maincharacter. Just my opinion though.

I just wanted Dante to be more matured like his DMC1 self since that was my second favorite DMC version of him. And with every DMC they made since DMC1, I've wanted him to somehow get back to that character, but he never has.

Now there's the reboot, and though I can't wait to buy it, I still wish Capcom would look back at what made Dante actually cool.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Just to let you know, I thoroughly enjoyed DMC4's game play and I'm not knocking it or anything. Also, I completed every single difficulty except for Hell and Hell because my disc died on me.
It's commonly known that DMC3 is harder than DMC4 but I wouldn't call it "casualized" though. But I see your points and respect them, just wanted to know if you could back up your claim.

Also, I tend to compared DMC4 to DmC since DMC4 is the latest in the series.

I just wanted Dante to be more matured like his DMC1 self since that was my second favorite DMC version of him. And with every DMC they made since DMC1, I've wanted him to somehow get back to that character, but he never has.

Now there's the reboot, and though I can't wait to buy it, I still wish Capcom would look back at what made Dante actually cool.
So you prefer an even more immature Dante that is an asshole. Whatever floats your boat.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
"Waaaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaaah~ This Dante is an asshole based on 10% of the game's cutscenes, and I'll disregard any character growth he'll have in the game Waaaaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaah~"

That's all I hear anymore from some of these complaints...

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
It's commonly known that DMC3 is harder than DMC4 but I wouldn't call it "casualized" though. But I see your points and respect them, just wanted to know if you could back up your claim.
Just so you know, I'm not exactly the most stylish person around and I play according to my mood. I'd like to replay those stages but alas, I can't.
20121230_140325_zps54137944.jpg

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
"Waaaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaaah~ This Dante is an asshole based on 10% of the game's cutscenes, and I'll disregard any character growth he'll have in the game Waaaaaaaaaah Waaaaaaaah~"

That's all I hear anymore from some of these complaints...
One of other complaints that is more valid though. Maybe he'll get better as a character. I'll pardon myself if it happens.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They've constantly talked about how this Dante is a lot more rough around the edges (read: dickish), but grows throughout the course of the game.

Character development is such a basic narrative device, how do people keep forgetting it. Maybe it's DMC's usual lack thereof...

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Thread development is also a basic narrative device in forums. For example, we're supposed to discuss about Kat's squirrel spunk then we got of which devil may cry game is faster and then, we got to go about how dante is an @sshole again.

Blacknerd

The cycle of posting continues

Also again for the 1000th freakin time. The ending leak is not true. I even asked gregaman again a while back to make sure and he said it was all fake. Calm your supple tits

ChaserTech

here you go.

Honestly I don't find this to be interesting after playing the demo about a month ago, way before the video's release.

What I actually meant about combo videos is that I want to see what the full game can do. I've already seen what the demo has to offer and I'm not impressed that all.

Jesus, the game is still slower than DMC4

Without turbo mode on, DmC is actually slightly on par with DMC4's speed. DMC4 and DMC3 are actually almost identical in terms of speed (talking about Dante here, not Nero). In fact I'm almost certain that they recycled attack animations as well as refined them in DMC4 for Dante. If not, they did a pretty good job at replicating his older moves.

But the one thing that people question is the attack animations in DmC, since Dante has a lot of irregular attacks with pretty bad consistency. He swings his weapon in a way that doesn't feel as if there's weight behind it. Most of his attacks (mainly pause attacks) leaves him posing for an awful amount of time when you stop attacking too. But in DMC3/DMC4, "Dante's delayed combos take into account where the position of the weapon would be in its animations to activate the delayed combo" (quote taken from another forum), rather than pausing forever to execute them like DmC Dante does.

In fact, some Dante's attacks in DmC are actually fast. But the pauses he takes in between each swing (not pause combos, just in between combos) are so evident that it makes Dante "feel" a lot slower than what he actually is. However this is only without turbo mode. (which turbo mode is made to make the game feel faster and challenging). And it's something that isn't apparent in DmC so a lot of people are going to automatically think that DMC4/DMC3 is faster than DmC.

chocolatepanda

Since i forgot what the topic was about ill give my 2cents on what i think about DmCs diffuculty. I think its toooo early to tell. I think there's quite a few enemy types we havent seen yet, NT has shown what believed(achievement list) to be the majority of the weapons in the game so they probably kept most other things like enemy types and story under wraps .

crush

In my opinion...DMC3's "difficulty" is made of a combination of VERY faulty enemies.
I'm not talking about hells, I'm talking about enigmas and fallens and dullahans and souleaters and...may I stop?
I actually think that is not fair in terms of gaming.
And to put it worse, nobody plays except mission 2 and 18. It's just solid proof that DMC3 is not as "perfect" or designed to kill.

m100t8s

That's f***ing amazing! This means old Dante is not dead =)
That leaked ending have some stupid stuff, But I'm just pretty damn happy that old Dante time-traveled into the DmC universe and fight side by side with new Dante is pretty cool ^_^

Anyone agrees with me? I mean C'mon! At least this ending means old Dante is still chillin out there and killing demons.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
That's f***ing amazing! This means old Dante is not dead =)
That leaked ending have some stupid stuff, But I'm just pretty damn happy that old Dante time-traveling into the DmC universe and fight side by side qith new Dante is pretty cool ^_^

Anyone agrees with me? I mean C'mon! At least this ending means old Dante is still chillin out there and killing demons.
I think that it's best that they create a spin off game for the crossover rather than making it canon.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I thought the time travel was just a fake, so why are we talking like its real? :O I hope they don't pull a ME3 and it turns out the leak was true.

I don't think I can handle demons living off the tears of human misery on top of classic Dante hijacking DmC for a time travel crossover and the Vergilsaurus monster. If that becomes true....:/

As for what started this topic. That has got to be a joke from the review. It's like the Xbox magazine when they described Dante looking like a rent boy on a corner. :p

Devil Player

Oh man, January 15th couldn't come any faster...

T-minus 15 days...However, these 15 days feel like a whole year, now.

Any chance of the game being leaked before the release date? I've read some people saying that by 11th, we'll know everything...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I've read some people saying that by 11th, we'll know everything...

If that comes true I'll be avoiding the internet like a spoiler plague. I don't want to know the story till I get the game in my hands.

Frazz

General gamer
Oh man, January 15th couldn't come any faster...

T-minus 15 days...However, these 15 days feel like a whole year, now.

Any chance of the game being leaked before the release date? I've read some people saying that by 11th, we'll know everything...
The last 4 years since DMC4 have felt like centuries to me! Just think DMC3 was released 6 years ago! That was the last DMC which blew my mind and it looks like DmC will do the same!!:w00t:

Top Bottom