• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Squirrel spunk infused spray cans...

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Actually it was already confirmed to be faster then SMC4.
Actually no, no it isn't.

I'm pretty sure most people have already acknowledged that it's not as fast as previous games but can always rent the game or something to see if it's fun or not. That's what's important right? Having fun when playing a game.
I'm having fun in a DMC game when I'm being challenged, having to stay on my toes to survive on the higher difficulties.

Son Of Sparda in DmC was just a borefest. The combat was the strongpoint in DMC3/4 and it's casualized as hell in DmC.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm having fun in a DMC game when I'm being challenged, having to stay on my toes to survive on the higher difficulties.

Son Of Sparda in DmC was just a borefest. The combat was the strongpoint in DMC3/4 and it's casualized as hell in DmC.

And that's why you play on Dante Must Die. The stream Gregaman did had him getting hassled quite a lot.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

Son of Sparda mode in past DMC games were hardly ever challenging too. Dante must Die and Hell and Hell mode is where it's at.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
And that's why you play on Dante Must Die. The stream Gregaman did had him getting hassled quite a lot.
I'm kinda doubting Mr Gregs play skills since he hardly used the axe in those streams.

Son of Sparda mode in past DMC games were hardly ever challenging too. Dante must Die and Hell and Hell mode is where it's at.
If SoS and the streams Greg did. is of any indication, looks like it will be another snorefest. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Oh sorry. I guess I should have said "DmC is as fast as SMC4" then.
Haha, nope. Not even close. Also, I think you spelled "DMC4" wrong.

I'll even throw in a DMC3 video as bonus.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I'm kinda doubting Mr Gregs play skills since he hardly used the axe in those streams.

If SoS and the streams Greg did. is of any indication, looks like it will be another snorefest. Hopefully I'll be wrong.

Dude that stream showed off ****ing mission 4 of the game with no witches (think of the final saviour boss battle), buzz saw tyrants or dracevec's. Of course itll be easy on DMD if you know what you're doing.

Greg gets ****ing destroyed in SOS on mission 13 in the devils dalliance stream. And im sure he knows what he's doing.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

I don't know about you but to me, DMC4 is in no way more challenging than DmC. DMC4 is also the victim of 'casualisation' which you oh so dread. Dante was stronger than ever as he can switch between 5 styles at once and Nero was just plain broken. I'll only admit to DmC being easier than DMC3. DMC4? Hell no.

If you think that DmC is easier than DMC4, there's nothing wrong with that. I just can't agree with you though.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I don't know about you but to me, DMC4 is in no way more challenging than DmC. DMC4 is also the victim of 'casualisation' which you oh so dread. Dante was stronger than ever as he can switch between 5 styles at once and Nero was just plain broken. I'll only admit to DmC being easier than DMC3. DMC4? Hell no.

If you think that DmC is easier than DMC4, there's nothing wrong with that. I just can't agree with you though.

DMC3 is considered to be a very hard game, there's no doubt. That's why they toned it down for DMC4.

Valcorn

DmC is DEFINITELY easier than DMC4... proof? Just died twice today playing on DMD, while the enemies doesn't even seem likely to touch me if I were to play it instead of Greg there.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Please tell me how DMC4 Dante is actually stronger than DMC3 Dante, other than from the cutscenes. Even though you get access to Style Switching, they nerfed the styles for it to work. Hell, Gilgamesh is even probably the worst gauntlet weapon out of Ifrit and Beowulf. Still fun to use but fewer moves to work with.

Nero? He's only broken when you know how to use Exceed in combat which is not easy to learn at first. But I will admit, Nero is easier to use than Dante in DMC4.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
DmC is DEFINITELY easier than DMC4... proof? Just died twice today playing on DMD, while the enemies doesn't even seem likely to touch me if I were to play it instead of Greg there.
Observation of a video is proof? Some world you live in :/

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall

I said it's as fast as SMC4. I know it's slower then DMC3.

Also I didn't spell it wrong. SMC4 stands for ****MayCry 4, on account of DMC4 was the most ****tiest DMC I've seen. I mean DMC2 just seems more interesting to me then that garbage.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
Sounds like a Witch-themed ingredient, along the lines of eye of newt, just one played for laughs (as the Race Through the Tunnel video shows). If it's supposed to be funny, why does it matter if it's absurd?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
I said it's as fast as SMC4. I know it's slower then DMC3.

Also I didn't spell it wrong. SMC4 stands for ****MayCry 4, on account of DMC4 was the most ****tiest DMC I've seen. I mean DMC2 just seems more interesting to me then that garbage.
Not to be rude my dear sir but I think you need to have your eyes checked. DMC3 and DMC4 are very similar in speed but no way DmC is just as "fast" as DMC4.

And please share your mind about why you think DMC4 is ****. If it is because of Nero taking up more place and the backtracking for Dante? I can perfectly understand why you would dislike those parts.

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury

Dude that stream showed off ******* mission 4 of the game with no witches (think of the final saviour boss battle), buzz saw tyrants or dracevec's. Of course itll be easy on DMD if you know what you're doing.

Greg gets ******* destroyed in SOS on mission 13 in the devils dalliance stream. And im sure he knows what he's doing.

Please tell me how DMC4 Dante is actually stronger than DMC3 Dante, other than from the cutscenes. Even though you get access to Style Switching, they nerfed the styles for it to work. Hell, Gilgamesh is even probably the worst gauntlet weapon out of Ifrit and Beowulf. Still fun to use but fewer moves to work with.

Nero? He's only broken when you know how to use Exceed in combat which is not easy to learn at first. But I will admit, Nero is easier to use than Dante in DMC4.

35bx8g.jpg

Save this stuff for the game comparison topics, guys. This is a topic about rodent fluids. :troll:

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington

Okay here I go.
1. Dante can only carry 4 weapons in DMC3. He could carry 6 in DMC4.
2. I could pass an entire stage and kill bosses by mostly using Pandora in DMC4 save for mephistos and those lightning beasts. It's possibly the most overpowered ranged weapon to date.
3. They nerfed the styles but not by much. I can still switch to royal guard or trickster when I'm in a pinch, switch to swordmaster and darkslayer when going all out and switch to gunslinger when I feel trigger happy. Dante is SOOO much more versatile in DMC4 than DMC3 it's not even funny.
4. I found Giglamesh to be more useful than Beowulf. Opinions, I guess.
5. GIGA DRILL BREEEEEEEEEAKER!

As for Nero, he's broken because I don't even need to use the exceed system to floor my enemies. His buster arm is miles better than DmC Dante's whip.

I'd be lying to myself if I said that DMC4 isn't casualized.

On topic: Is spunk some kind of slang? Can't seem the correct meaning in a dictionary.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Not to be rude my dear sir but I think you need to have your eyes checked. DMC3 and DMC4 are very similar in speed but no way DmC is just as "fast" as DMC4.

No. DMC3 is way faster then DMC4 in the sense that it had a way more intact combo system and on turbo it was quick and responsive. DMC4 on the console version isn't as fast as DMC3 and you don't even have turbo on DMC4 with consoles. Only PC.

And please share your mind about why you think DMC4 is ****. If it is because of Nero taking up more place and the backtracking for Dante? I can perfectly understand why you would dislike those parts.

http://devilmaycry.org/community/threads/does-anyone-hate-this-dante.12322/page-2
^Look for my post with the long paragraph.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Okay here I go.
1. Dante can only carry 4 weapons in DMC3. He could carry 6 in DMC4.
2. I could pass an entire stage and kill bosses by mostly using Pandora in DMC4 save for mephistos and those lightning beasts. It's possibly the most overpowered ranged weapon to date.
3. They nerfed the styles but not by much. I can still switch to royal guard or trickster when I'm in a pinch, switch to swordmaster and darkslayer when going all out and switch to gunslinger when I feel trigger happy. Dante is SOOO much more versatile in DMC4 than DMC3 it's not even funny.
4. I found Giglamesh to be more useful than Beowulf. Opinions, I guess.
5. GIGA DRILL BREEEEEEEEEAKER!

As for Nero, he's broken because I don't even need to use the exceed system to floor my enemies. His buster arm is miles better than DmC Dante's whip.

On topic: Is spunk some kind of slang? Can't seem the correct meaning in a dictionary.
Allright allright, valid points. Just wanna know which difficulty you played on though.

You hated DMC4 solely because you didn't like Dante there? That is a bit closeminded.

I mean, I had some fun in the God of War games with the mindless buttonsmashing and I hated Kratos since he was a whiny bitch from GoW2 and onward. Doesn't mean the games are bad because I hated the maincharacter. Just my opinion though.

Top Bottom