• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

speculation on vergil in DMC4 SE?

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I think Vergil loafing around Fortuna sounds a lot less exciting than a journey through Hell to fight Mundus.

Unless two are connected in some way... it could be done by utilizing timeskip mechanics. And Vergil's visit to Fortuna could well be just so that he can leave someone behind to continue his work.

Dominus

I'm pretty sure Vergil won't be in fortuna if they make a campaign for him. They already got backlash for vanilla DMC4's backtracking so I'm pretty sure they don't want that criticism again. That probably means we either will get a shorter campaign for Vergil, or just a bloody palace addition. Ugh I really need more info, but like Gregaman said it won't be coming out for a while (sigh). I don't even need a teaser trailer just hints of what might be coming for me to chew on, otherwise these next couple months are going to drag on. Pls Gregaman just give us a hint or 2 to chew on >_<...

scionicspectre

Yeah- then again, all this discussion has given me another good reason to revisit the series, so I can wait. So long as there is some concrete news and a new trailer before the release, I'll be happy. I'm not counting on anything substantial until DmC: DE is released.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
I'm pretty sure Vergil won't be in fortuna if they make a campaign for him. They already got backlash for vanilla DMC4's backtracking so I'm pretty sure they don't want that criticism again.

But Vergil being in Fortuna does not necessarily mean revisiting same places as Nero... though design will obviously be similar.

XDante

I am sure they add all the moves from DMC3 for Vergil, but they will maybe add all rest of the moves in DMC3 (i want his Royal Guard to be there!) and yet maybe he will have 2 more styles like Dante had.

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
I am sure they add all the moves from DMC3 for Vergil, but they will maybe add all rest of the moves in DMC3 (i want his Royal Guard to be there!) and yet maybe he will have 2 more styles like Dante had.

That would be nice to see new and old moves for Vergil in SE version :) Also well anyone speculating if Vergil gets for him an new Devil Arms in edition ??

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
This is a golden opportunity to give him that block move he has as a boss in DMC3, maybe indeed serving as some sort of Royalguard-like style.
Also, I'm sure he will retain his most iconic moves like Judgment Cut (but pls Capcom, go back to that awesome dimension-break look... not the generic lines like in vanilla DMC4 and DmC) and Rapid Slash. I can't wait to see what he can do in gameplay. Maybe, after DMC3 SE and DmC Vergil's Downfall, finally we can get a playable Vergil character that has as much combat depth and move amount as Dante. I hope.

pepodmc

Which will be the battle theme for Vergil in DMC4 SE without Tetsuya Shibata in Capcom?:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

New battle theme or a remix of an old battle theme? Dante vs Vergil 2nd battle theme would be cool: (Cut the first 46 seconds and leave the rest)

PD: And, if Capcom makes DMC5, they MUST hire him (he is freelancer)

Last edited:

nephlim god

Its a shame his devil trigger wont look half as cool as this
imgres

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Yup, can't see the image. Right clicked it though.

That has always been how I've imagined Vergil's DT post-Nelo Angelo. In fact, I've always imagined if they don't give Yamato back to Vergil, they'd give him that massive thing he wields in 1.

I've always pictured this because his stunt as Nelo Angelo had to have had a major impact on Vergil's life. If we put Dante and Vergil at 19 in 3 and 28 in 1 as those are the commonly accepted ages, Vergil spent 9 years of his life as Nelo Angelo. If afterwards, it appeared to have no affect on his mental and physical state, I'd be rolling my eyes.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Its a shame his devil trigger wont look half as cool as this
imgres

Also couldn't see image and had to open this outside but well this would be cool Vergil DT for the SE edition but we will see what comes when more info on the game shows up.

nephlim god

Sorry folks proberbly fauly on my end . Not the best with technology. I really hope he does get the yamato back . Awsome dt isnt it .​

scionicspectre

I think it's pretty clear from the tiny trailer that he'll possess Yamato. The timeframe is debatable, but he certainly has it.

lorddemolatron

Premium
Or well i have another thing what maybe DMC 4 SE Vergil added story would shred, as i remember in original That cutscene with broken Yamato maybe now this will be unshred what that happened.

nephlim god

I dont no if we can be so sure after only seing that tiny vergil teaser. Maybe his little quest involves retrieving it . If indeed be gets a quest.

scionicspectre

You can't be sure of anything, even of Vergil being playable in the first place, but if I were to lean one way or the other it would certainly make more sense to lean towards him using Yamato from what we know.

Dominus

You can't be sure of anything, even of Vergil being playable in the first place, but if I were to lean one way or the other it would certainly make more sense to lean towards him using Yamato from what we know.
Vergil is playable there is no question of that. Vergil was added as playable in DMC3:SE, Capcom wouldn't name the rerelease of DMC4 a special edition with no playable Vergil. That would be insane because then no one would buy it. They are bothering to make an entire Japanese dub for the game as well so they are putting a decent amount into it already. It's a question if he's a bloody palace addition only or not is the question. Hell if he's just a bloody palace addition, hopefully they add him as a optional boss for Dante and Nero.. That'd be super sick...

scionicspectre

Vergil is playable there is no question of that. Vergil was added as playable in DMC3:SE, Capcom wouldn't name the rerelease of DMC4 a special edition with no playable Vergil. That would be insane because then no one would buy it. They are bothering to make an entire Japanese dub for the game as well so they are putting a decent amount into it already. It's a question if he's a bloody palace addition only or not is the question. Hell if he's just a bloody palace addition, hopefully they add him as a optional boss for Dante and Nero.. That'd be super sick...

Of course. I'm not even coming close to suggesting that Vergil isn't playable. I'm just saying that thinking he wouldn't have use of Yamato as seen in the trailer is just as ridiculous as thinking he isn't playable. My point is that just because we aren't absolutely sure doesn't mean that we can't make extremely obvious assumptions.

On a less likely note, I agree that having another Vergil boss fight tailored for this game would be mega, ultra sick.

Top Bottom